Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 330

Thread: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

  1. #81
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Seems the gun nuts hate it when you use an emotional argument to counter their emotional argument on why they need guns to protect them from obama.
    I'm wondering what day in time people that support the Constitution went from Patriots to Radicals?
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  2. #82
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I say it because it's true. Are you denying there are people who criticize Obama because he has a D behind his name? Do you deny there are people who criticize him because he's black?
    No, you say it because you are intellectually lazy and it is easier to smear your opposition with bogus charges of racism than it is to engage them directly. But, if you have names of anyone who criticizes Obama simply because he is black, by all means lay them out there.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    If I were on your ignore list, you could not have read it to make any such determination. Or, you chose to read it without knowing its content.
    I occasionally click on where it says "view post" to see if you've quoted me. Every once in a while I'll even read it if you've quoted me, though not very often. This was one of those times.

    Which, of course, confirms to me that the whole "Ignore list" drama was bogus all along, and you simply want some kind of excuse to be selective in which posts you decide to address.
    It wasn't. Why do you always post with such negativity?

    I'm afraid that you gave no indication of this "context" -- again
    Which is why I explained it further.

    You keep doing this. Occam's Razor says you are not be believed.
    And again, you insult. Why are you always so hostile?

    There doesn't need to be any further benefit here than he gets help in passing the legislation he wants.
    But why does he want it? What benefit does passing gun legislation bring to him?

    As to what he thinks he "gains" from it, you'll have to ask him. I certainly don't need to justify it.
    I didn't ask you to justify it, you jumped into the question I asked VanceMack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    No, you say it because you are intellectually lazy and it is easier to smear your opposition with bogus charges of racism than it is to engage them directly. But, if you have names of anyone who criticizes Obama simply because he is black, by all means lay them out there.
    I never said it was definitely because he was black, I said it was because he was a Democrat or because he's black. Most times it is one or the other. I know plenty of people against Obama because he's a Democrat who are not racist.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 04-14-13 at 06:10 PM.

  4. #84
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    09-07-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,037

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    If George Bush gave a speech in front of victims' families from 9/11, and said "we need to go to Iraq to avenge these peoples' loss," the clamor from the left would never end.

    This situation is no different folks, Obama's using the victims of tragedy to pass a political agenda. That you support his cause makes it no less shameful.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    If George Bush gave a speech in front of victims' families from 9/11, and said "we need to go to Iraq to avenge these peoples' loss," the clamor from the left would never end.
    And the Right would have pounded the table and said, "Yes, absolutely, even though Iraq had nothing at all to do with the attack, let's go and avenge it by attacking them!"

    Really?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #86
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I occasionally click on where it says "view post" to see if you've quoted me. Every once in a while I'll even read it if you've quoted me, though not very often. This was one of those times.
    Which shows the whole pomp and circumstance you put on in "ignoring" me was indeed bogus.

    It wasn't. Why do you always post with such negativity?
    Why do you pretend you don't? In fact, you post exactly like I do in terms of tone. I don't get offended by it. But you make a big spectacle out of it. I wouldn't comment on it at all if you didn't.

    Which is why I explained it further.
    After saying I "failed" to understand it. Yes, we've been through this before. You post something; you pretend you meant something else, but have to explain the "context," because it wasn't there, and somehow, it's always MY fault for not following the "context" you admit you had to provide later. "No, I didn't provide any context, but you FAILED for not somehow following it anyway." And you have the nerve to say I'm the "hostile" and "dishonest" one.

    The evident reality: you just made it up the new "context" on the fly. This has happened more than once, so the benefit of the doubt is gone.

    Keep in mind -- all you had to do was respond to me. You didn't have to go into your dog-and-pony show about taking me off ignore, etc. You opened all of this up. If you get to comment about how I post, then turnabout is fair game. It would be quite juvenile to say otherwise. You wanna play, then we play.

    And again, you insult. Why are you always so hostile?
    Why can't you just post honestly? And by the way, that wasn't an "insult."

    But why does he want it? What benefit does passing gun legislation bring to him?
    I told you -- you have to ask him. But he wants it, and this helps get it. That's his "gain."

    I don't have to explain why he wants. Insisting that I do is (again! shocker!) dishonest.

    I didn't ask you to justify it, you jumped into the question I asked VanceMack.
    So?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #87
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by StringBean View Post
    If George Bush gave a speech in front of victims' families from 9/11, and said "we need to go to Iraq to avenge these peoples' loss," the clamor from the left would never end.

    This situation is no different folks, Obama's using the victims of tragedy to pass a political agenda. That you support his cause makes it no less shameful.
    Well, but there is also a big difference between avenging a tragedy and usurping rights.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I'm wondering what day in time people that support the Constitution went from Patriots to Radicals?
    The same day we realized the people who wrote the constitution were racist,sexist, slave owning hicks who never intended gun rights for everyone. Also some of us recognize the constitution was never a perfect document incapable of being wrong. Sorry, but blind faith is stupid when you do it for a religion, or when you do it for a document like the constitution written by fallible and greedy men.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    I wouldn't call it scrutiny I would call it disdain on the border of hatred but I mean how dare this women who lost her child in a shooting massacre do something she see's as constructive with her grief. Its interesting though how yourself and many other posters like to make out that she is being dragged into the public eye. Any links or facts to back up the assumption that the Obama administration is forcing her into this?
    She actively taking part in the restricting of the rights of the people. She deserves whatever she gets for taking part in such despicable behavior.

  10. #90
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,691
    Blog Entries
    10

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    The same day we realized the people who wrote the constitution were racist,sexist, slave owning hicks who never intended gun rights for everyone.
    Well, as long as you have a string of insults at least 4 in length, you must be right.

    And they did intend for everyone to have guns. They actually said "the people". Not some people.

    Also some of us recognize the constitution was never a perfect document incapable of being wrong. Sorry, but blind faith is stupid when you do it for a religion, or when you do it for a document like the constitution written by fallible and greedy men.
    Ah, yes, but the Constitution has a mechanism for making adjustments. Until that mechanism is utilized, the rule of law is the Constitution as written and amended today. The mechanism was put into place so that radicals can't change it. The only way changes can be made is if they are blatantly necessary. Since whatever changes you want can't be made, we can only conclude that they are not blatantly necessary.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •