Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 330

Thread: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Really? Why would it be relevant if she were an anti-gun activist before now?

    Sorry; can't take you seriously in this if you need to ask that question.
    it changes nothing because her son was shot dead, unless of course your suggesting this mother has a hidden agenda?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #72
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,529

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    What gain is Obama getting? I think this comment is unintentionally telling of the mindset of gun supporters (whether your agree with gun control or not, this has been said multiple times).
    Seriously? What "gain" is Obama getting? There's no way you can ask this question honestly. There just isn't.

    He announced that she would be giving the address on Twitter, signing it "-bo," indicating that he personally was doing it, and gave it the hashtag #TheTimeIsNow, which is for gun control legislation.

    Obviously HE knows what "gain" he's getting.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #73
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,529

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    it changes nothing because her son was shot dead, unless of course your suggesting this mother has a hidden agenda?
    Nope, can't take you seriously if you're going to double down on the "wha --??"

    If she was a pro-gun-control activist before this, then indeed she's more than merely a "grieving mother." No one should actually need that explained to them.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #74
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Nope, can't take you seriously if you're going to double down on the "wha --??"

    If she was a pro-gun-control activist before this, then indeed she's more than merely a "grieving mother." No one should actually need that explained to them.
    mmmm no I don't need you to explain your point to me I fully understand what your trying to say I just think its moronic and cheap. If she was anti gun before her son was shot it would kind of validate her point wouldn't it? Of course we don't know what her political agenda was before her son was gunned down your just guessing because your afraid of the impact someone like this could have on your gun rights.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #75
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,969

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Seriously? What "gain" is Obama getting? There's no way you can ask this question honestly. There just isn't.

    He announced that she would be giving the address on Twitter, signing it "-bo," indicating that he personally was doing it, and gave it the hashtag #TheTimeIsNow, which is for gun control legislation.

    Obviously HE knows what "gain" he's getting.
    I decided to remove you from my Ignore list, at least temporarily, because I thought this post was reasonable.

    I'm afraid you didn't understand the context of my question. I understand what you're saying, which is Obama is getting a face to the legislation he supports. But that's not really what I meant. Let's say certain aspects of gun control pass. What is Obama getting from having gun control pass?

  6. #76
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    you can disagree with her but you can still respect her as a person and a grieving mother which many people in this thread have neglected to do.
    You mean like Obama's doing by using her for his political gain?
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  7. #77
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,529

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I decided to remove you from my Ignore list, at least temporarily, because I thought this post was reasonable.
    If I were on your ignore list, you could not have read it to make any such determination. Or, you chose to read it without knowing its content.

    Which, of course, confirms to me that the whole "Ignore list" drama was bogus all along, and you simply want some kind of excuse to be selective in which posts you decide to address.

    I'm afraid you didn't understand the context of my question. I understand what you're saying, which is Obama is getting a face to the legislation he supports. But that's not really what I meant.
    I'm afraid that you gave no indication of this "context" -- again -- and it is not reasonably discerned from your post. You keep doing this. Occam's Razor says you are not be believed.


    Let's say certain aspects of gun control pass. What is Obama getting from having gun control pass?
    There doesn't need to be any further benefit here than he gets help in passing the legislation he wants. As to what he thinks he "gains" from it, you'll have to ask him. I certainly don't need to justify it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #78
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,249

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    You mean like Obama's doing by using her for his political gain?
    why wouldn't she want to help him on this?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  9. #79
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    why wouldn't she want to help him on this?
    That's not the right question. The right question is, how would this have changed Newtown and if it was so important, why not do this sooner? The answers are, it won't and because they didn't have anyone to exploit for their gain.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Seems the gun nuts hate it when you use an emotional argument to counter their emotional argument on why they need guns to protect them from obama.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •