Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 330

Thread: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

  1. #201
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    On the contrary, this is a perfect example of liberals at their pathetic worst.

    Never let a tragedy go to waste. Emotion, emotion, emotion. Get people to give up their rights when they feel bad. Take advantage of every tragedy to its fullest!!
    Let that have been your child that had their brains blown out and see if you would still feel the same !!!

  2. #202
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what relevance does she have and why should her emotional rants be used to deprive other people of their rights

    you want to drown out the fact based arguments against the scheme to punish people for being conservatives through gun control

    there is nothing this woman can say that justifies what she wants. Lanza didn't buy the gun legally, he committed CAPITAL murder to get it

    the gun was bought after a background check was registered to its owner (who had no record) and complied with an "assault weapon ban" in place in CT
    People testify in front of Congress on a number of issues all the time. Why is the right-wing so desperate to silence people like her that they will resort to such vile and despicable actions as labeling her a whore and a prostitute just because she happens to be a mother who lost a child and has the courage to stand up and speak out. The NRA and the radical right-wing are downright disgusting.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #203
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Once again, you focus on words. Inconsequential, emotional words that have nothing to do with the issue at all.

    Meanwhile, we look at the issue in its broadest, most global implications.

    There's the difference between conservatives and liberals right there.
    Sure there is.....who are liberals trying to silence and labeling prostitutes and whores?

    The bottom line is the NRA and the right-wing are desperate because 80-90% of the Country are against them on this issue. This is why we are seeing the vile and vicious attacks.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #204
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Let that have been your child that had their brains blown out and see if you would still feel the same !!!
    Again, that is not the issue at hand. I can't possibly comprehend her pain, and it cuts my heart out to think of it. But that is not how you make decisions like this.

    Obama is exploiting her pain and loss to get people to let their guard and logic down long enough to slip past a quick, poorly contrued piece of life-changing legislation. He did the same thing with Obamacare.

    That's what liberals do. They get you looking at the pretty, shiny toy over here while they're sneaking around your blind side. They use emotion and sympathy as weapons.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sure there is.....who are liberals trying to silence and labeling prostitutes and whores?

    The bottom line is the NRA and the right-wing are desperate because 80-90% of the Country are against them on this issue. This is why we are seeing the vile and vicious attacks.
    Good lord, your numbers are wrong. LOL

    It's about 80-90 percent the other direction, and Obama knows it. He's using dead children to energize a dying campaign.

  6. #206
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,794

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    People testify in front of Congress on a number of issues all the time. Why is the right-wing so desperate to silence people like her that they will resort to such vile and despicable actions as labeling her a whore and a prostitute just because she happens to be a mother who lost a child and has the courage to stand up and speak out. The NRA and the radical right-wing are downright disgusting.
    what do you think she adds in terms of legitimate testimony

    face it

    you want to ban or restrict guns to punish people whose politics are contrary to your left wing agenda

    you want to use her emotionally distraught rants to accomplish that because you cannot make a logical argument favoring laws that only harass law abiding currently legal gun owners

    your agenda is what is disgusting. you want only criminals and the government to have guns and you project your fear of guns on others and demand laws designed to prevent people from owning guns based on your own projection

    no one who understands this issue believes crime control is what motivates your desire for harassing laws



  7. #207
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Good lord, your numbers are wrong. LOL

    It's about 80-90 percent the other direction, and Obama knows it. He's using dead children to energize a dying campaign.
    LOL....riiiiiiight. Dude...you need to get out more. Have you not seen any of the polling? 90% of the country is in favor of reasonable gun control measures such as background checks and registration. 80% are in favor of banning assault type weapons. This is exactly WHY the right-wing and the NRA are engaging in these despicable and vile attacks. The issue is resonating with the country and they will fight ANY and EVERY effort to put ANY restrictions on weapons. The fact that they would scoop so low to label this mother a "prostitute" and a "whore" clearly shows their desperation and how low their morals can sink. Disgusting.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #208
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Again, that is not the issue at hand. I can't possibly comprehend her pain, and it cuts my heart out to think of it. But that is not how you make decisions like this.

    Obama is exploiting her pain and loss to get people to let their guard and logic down long enough to slip past a quick, poorly contrued piece of life-changing legislation. He did the same thing with Obamacare.

    That's what liberals do. They get you looking at the pretty, shiny toy over here while they're sneaking around your blind side. They use emotion and sympathy as weapons.
    You do realize that they (the victim's parents) demanded that President Obama do something about the gun laws in this country. Stop making this just about Obama !!! It goes beyond him !!!!

    Also you say that you can't possibly comprehend her pain, but yet calls her a political whore ??????

  9. #209
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what do you think she adds in terms of legitimate testimony

    face it

    you want to ban or restrict guns to punish people whose politics are contrary to your left wing agenda

    you want to use her emotionally distraught rants to accomplish that because you cannot make a logical argument favoring laws that only harass law abiding currently legal gun owners

    your agenda is what is disgusting. you want only criminals and the government to have guns and you project your fear of guns on others and demand laws designed to prevent people from owning guns based on your own projection

    no one who understands this issue believes crime control is what motivates your desire for harassing laws
    LOL....of course "People are coming for your guns!!!!!!" Run.....Hide.... The hysterics of the wacko NRA/ right-wing agenda. The Country ain't buying it. This Country wants and demands reasonable restrictions. It is the NRA and the gun fanatics that are fighting even the most basic and reasonable restrictions that 90% of Americans favor. You guys are not doing your cause any favors with your hysterics and theatrics.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #210
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    re: Mother of Sandy Hook Victim Delivers White House Weekly Address.....[W322]

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You do realize that they (the victim's parents) demanded that President Obama do something about the gun laws in this country. Stop making this just about Obama !!! It goes beyond him !!!!

    Also you say that you can't possibly comprehend her pain, but yet calls her a political whore ??????
    I didn't call her anything, but I don't get caught up in tabloid lingo and emotion of the issue. I focus on the issue itself.

    Decisions should never be made under emotional duress. The worst decisions almost always are.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •