Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 82

Thread: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Look...I have no interest in Obama's birth certificate, so all of your blather about it is of no consequence to me. However, the highlighted statement from you spurred me to search for information about it...and guess what I found?



    It appears your complaints about the whole thing are uninformed and irrelevant. Furthermore, what you find legitimate, illegitimate, stupid or not stupid has no bearing on what at least 300 of his constituents find worthy of their concern.

    In any event, do you contend that Arpaio's actions in regard to Obama's birth certificate is justification for someone to attempt to blow him up? If not, then why are you even going on about this whole thing?
    Do you know how many people are in Maricopa County? About 4 million, 300 people signing a petition for something as asinine and stupid as Obama birth certificate should mean less than nothing. 300 out of 4 million is not a significant number, its .0075% of his constituents. He's not answering the call of his constituents he's looking for media attention which is exactly what he was doing when he faked that assassination attempt on his life.

    And no I don't contend that Arpiao's "investigation" of Obama's birth certificate justify someone blowing him up I've never said anything about an attempt to kill him being justified, stop trying to distract from the ridiculous position you're attempting to defend.

    Answer me straight, do you think investigating Obama's birth certificate is a good use of the sheriff's time and taxpayer dollars? Do you think that's what good law enforcement is?

  2. #62
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post

    Answer me straight, do you think investigating Obama's birth certificate is a good use of the sheriff's time and taxpayer dollars? Do you think that's what good law enforcement is?
    I already answered your question in post #50.

    I guess a better question that YOU can answer is...what does your question have to do with the thread topic?


    btw, just because you see fit to keep talking about "taxpayer dollars" when there were no taxpayer dollars involved in this investigation doesn't make that phrase any more relevant.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 04-14-13 at 01:54 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I already answered your question in post #50.
    No you refused to answer the question in post 50, because "Who are you to judge them for how they spend their money." That's odd because you've taken opinions on the running of his office already, but for some reason you can't have an opinion on this issue?

    For example you have an opinion on how many constituents should sign a petition before the sheriff addresses it, which is apparently 300. You also have an opinion that a county sheriff should investigate something entirely out of his jurisdiction and completely beyond his ability to solve and is brainless conspiracy theory, simply because 300 people signed a petition, instead of for example just ignoring the petition and its request for being stupid. You took an opinion there.

    If you can have an opinion on whether or not a sheriff should answer a petition of 300 names out of 4 million to investigate a stupid conspiracy theory, why no on whether or not its a good idea to investigate it, whether its worth tax payer dollars? Its really almost the exact same question anyway so I expect your honest opinion is that he should be investigating the birth certificate, that you think its a good use of public money, but the ridiculousness of that position is keeping you from saying it. I mean what difference is there in "Should you do something" and "is it a good idea to do something," its really the same question, I mean how could you say you should do something but its not a good idea to do it?

    So since you've already said he should have investigated it because 300 people signed a petition, is there anyway you could say "but its not a good idea to"

  4. #64
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No you refused to answer the question in post 50, because "Who are you to judge them for how they spend their money." That's odd because you've taken opinions on the running of his office already, but for some reason you can't have an opinion on this issue?

    For example you have an opinion on how many constituents should sign a petition before the sheriff addresses it, which is apparently 300. You also have an opinion that a county sheriff should investigate something entirely out of his jurisdiction and completely beyond his ability to solve and is brainless conspiracy theory, simply because 300 people signed a petition, instead of for example just ignoring the petition and its request for being stupid. You took an opinion there.

    If you can have an opinion on whether or not a sheriff should answer a petition of 300 names out of 4 million to investigate a stupid conspiracy theory, why no on whether or not its a good idea to investigate it, whether its worth tax payer dollars? Its really almost the exact same question anyway so I expect your honest opinion is that he should be investigating the birth certificate, that you think its a good use of public money, but the ridiculousness of that position is keeping you from saying it. I mean what difference is there in "Should you do something" and "is it a good idea to do something," its really the same question, I mean how could you say you should do something but its not a good idea to do it?

    So since you've already said he should have investigated it because 300 people signed a petition, is there anyway you could say "but its not a good idea to"
    I have to wonder at your comprehension skills.

    I haven't stated any of the opinions that you have assigned to me. Not one.

    1. I have never stated that a Sheriff should follow the wishes of 300 constituents.
    2. I have never stated that a Sheriff should investigate anything, whether it is in or out of his jurisdiction.

    What I have stated is:

    1. Arpaio said he started the investigation in response to about 300 people of his county signing a petition.
    2. I have no interest in the Obama birth certificate controversy.
    3. I don't think it is my place...or your place...to judge that which concerns the citizens of that county.

    btw, I notice that you have avoided MY question to you. Why is that?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I have to wonder at your comprehension skills.

    I haven't stated any of the opinions that you have assigned to me. Not one.

    1. I have never stated that a Sheriff should follow the wishes of 300 constituents.
    2. I have never stated that a Sheriff should investigate anything, whether it is in or out of his jurisdiction.

    What I have stated is:

    1. Arpaio said he started the investigation in response to about 300 people of his county signing a petition.
    2. I have no interest in the Obama birth certificate controversy.
    3. I don't think it is my place...or your place...to judge that which concerns the citizens of that county.

    btw, I notice that you have avoided MY question to you. Why is that?
    What question? I clearly said that nothing justifies murdering someone.

    Anyway if you don't really have an opinion on anything, why are you making such a fuss? What do you have an opinion on?

  6. #66
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What question? I clearly said that nothing justifies murdering someone.

    Anyway if you don't really have an opinion on anything, why are you making such a fuss? What do you have an opinion on?
    In post #62, I posed this question:

    I guess a better question that YOU can answer is...what does your question have to do with the thread topic?
    Anyway, I'm not making a fuss about anything...you are. I simply answered the question that you posed to Kal'Stang in post #49.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    In post #62, I posed this question:

    Anyway, I'm not making a fuss about anything...you are. I simply answered the question that you posed to Kal'Stang in post #49.
    Alright if you don't want to have an opinion that's fine its your choice, luckily most other people can find the confidence to take a stance against taxpayer investigations of silly conspiracy theory, even in a jurisdiction they aren't part of, but if you feel that would be going out a limb for you or violating some principle you have I understand

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,891

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I don't condone assassination attempts like this, but I would not have shed a tear had it been successful, either.
    I would have. For humanity at least.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Alright if you don't want to have an opinion that's fine its your choice, luckily most other people can find the confidence to take a stance against taxpayer investigations of silly conspiracy theory, even in a jurisdiction they aren't part of, but if you feel that would be going out a limb for you or violating some principle you have I understand
    LOL!!!

    You are funny. But you are not funny enough for me to be bothered by your post.

    So...are you going to answer my question...or not?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    LOL!!!

    You are funny. But you are not funny enough for me to be bothered by your post.

    So...are you going to answer my question...or not?
    What question? This is the second time I've asked you what question and now the third time I've asked nothing would justify murdering the sheriff.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •