Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

  1. #11
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Joe Arpaio is basically the domestic version of a war criminal and I wouldn't shed a tear if he died, but assassination seems... extreme.

    Of course, I feel I should point out that the man has literally faked assassination attempts against himself before.
    just started to read the thread.
    amazing statement. It is noted you provided no source for the remark on faked assassination.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...eriff/2076683/
    Last edited by mike2810; 04-13-13 at 12:04 AM.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    just started to read the thread.
    amazing statement. It is noted you provided no source for the remark on faked assassination.
    Joe Arpaio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,022

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    So. Care to show where in the open source your allegation is proven. Do you have any other sources.

    Been in AZ for almost 25 years. Bet you thinks it amazing he keeps getting relected. Must be doing something right.

  4. #14
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So. Care to show where in the open source your allegation is proven. Do you have any other sources.

    Been in AZ for almost 25 years. Bet you thinks it amazing he keeps getting relected. Must be doing something right.
    This was the source from Wikipedia:
    The Plot To Assassinate Arpaio - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times

    Take from it what you will.
    One who makes himself a worm cannot complain when tread upon.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Arizona authorities say a package addressed to Sheriff Joe Arpaio discovered in a northern Arizona mailbox would have exploded if opened, leading to serious injuries or death.



    Maricopa County Chief Deputy Jerry Sheridan made the comment Friday at a news conference in Phoenix. He said investigators are trying to locate one person who may have been involved in mailing the package addressed to his boss.

    The package intercepted late Thursday was addressed to Arpaio at his downtown Phoenix office. It had been left in a parcel locker that was part of a multiple address mailbox in a rural part of Coconino County, outside Flagstaff city limits.

    Sheridan said the package contained black powder and an ignition device, although he wasn't sure if it was packed into a container and would have exploded or simply ignited in a flash fire. Either way, he said, it was very dangerous.

    "Had someone opened that package, it would have caused a major explosion and caused serious physical injury, burns and maybe death," Sheridan said. "That is a very, very serious threat."

    Following the killing of a West Virginia sheriff last week, Arpaio said elected law enforcement officials across the nation seem to be targeted.

    Arpaio has had a security detail for years, and regularly receives threats. This week, the sheriff's office said he had received threats from Mexican drug cartels which put a $4 million bounty on him and possibly dispatched a hit man to attack him.....snip~

    Package sent to Arpaio could have injured, killed

    It would appear that someone that Joe was working with may have left him a Package. I didn't know he carried a Security Detail with him wherever he went? Thoughts?
    Considering that he's raised false claims of threat and attack before my first thought was "Wow, he really wanted attention badly this time." My second thought was that his deputies probably wouldn't have been able to put the bomb together.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Considering that he's raised false claims of threat and attack before my first thought was "Wow, he really wanted attention badly this time." My second thought was that his deputies probably wouldn't have been able to put the bomb together.



    but Tom Mangan, a spokesman in Phoenix for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said initial reports indicated that the package was a box that might have been damaged in transit and leaked gunpowder.

    Sheridan said the package contained black powder and an ignition device, although he wasn't sure if it was packed into a container and would have exploded or simply ignited in a flash fire. Either way, he said, it was very dangerous.

    "Had someone opened that package, it would have caused a major explosion and caused serious physical injury, burns and maybe death," Sheridan said. "That is a very, very serious threat.".....snip~

    So whats your thoughts on what the ATF had to say? Do you think they had a thought it was some Inept Deputies?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    So. Care to show where in the open source your allegation is proven. Do you have any other sources.

    Been in AZ for almost 25 years. Bet you thinks it amazing he keeps getting relected. Must be doing something right.
    Im a native Arizonian too, if you hadn't heard of this or the other long list of embarrassments and wastes of taxpayer money this guy has caused you must be living under a rock, which unfortunately accuracy describes much of Arizona so that's how he probably keeps getting re-elected. Also you could have taken a half second to google this which would have shown you it was obviously true, instead you end up looking stupid. But again, living under a rock like most other Arizonans who can't be bothered to take the simplest action to educate themselves. I love my state but God damn people here are dumb sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    This was the source from Wikipedia:
    The Plot To Assassinate Arpaio - Page 1 - News - Phoenix - Phoenix New Times

    Take from it what you will.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    but Tom Mangan, a spokesman in Phoenix for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, said initial reports indicated that the package was a box that might have been damaged in transit and leaked gunpowder.

    Sheridan said the package contained black powder and an ignition device, although he wasn't sure if it was packed into a container and would have exploded or simply ignited in a flash fire. Either way, he said, it was very dangerous.

    "Had someone opened that package, it would have caused a major explosion and caused serious physical injury, burns and maybe death," Sheridan said. "That is a very, very serious threat.".....snip~

    So whats your thoughts on what the ATF had to say? Do you think they had a thought it was some Inept Deputies?
    I honestly don't really have an opinion. I hope the law takes its legitimate course, something that doesn't happen as often as it should in Maricopa County.

  9. #19
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, I am making that comparison. You should dig into the man's history a bit rather than making a kneejerk defense of him.
    Give it a rest, you've already gone to hyperbole. The man is a good fit for the job where he is. He's not any kind of war criminal or it's equivilent. If the people of the county want him out, they'll say so. Thus far they just keep on electing him.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Package Sent to Arpaio Could Have Injured, Killed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I honestly don't really have an opinion. I hope the law takes its legitimate course, something that doesn't happen as often as it should in Maricopa County.
    Don't feel bad the law doesn't take it's legitimate course in Chicago either.....and to top it off, its always been that way.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •