Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    And even though Obama made less money he paid a bigger percentage than the GOP's last presidential nominee. And he gives a substantial amount to charity. What a horrible guy.
    Yes he gave to charity and took the tax break for that even though he has lobbied to lower that deduction.Hypocrisy on display.

    "Like past budget proposals, President Obama’s new budget plan calls—again—for lowering the charitable contribution deduction."

    "The current tax code allows individuals to deduct their giving from their overall tax liability at a rate equal to their tax bracket. Obama wants to cap the charitable deduction at what it would be for taxpayers in the 28 percent tax bracket."

    Right now, for instance, taxpayers in the top bracket can take a deduction at their 39.6 percent rate. So for every $100 donated, the amount they can deduct overall would fall from $39.60 to $28."


    Obama Again Calls for Reducing Charitable Contribution Deduction

  2. #62
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    To get a true measure of his charitable contributions, one really should question what they were BEFORE he became under the microscope.

    I dont think Obama is a hypocrite for claiming every tax benefit he could claim. The only people that are 'hypocrites' re taxes are the people that only lose their bowels over what the guys with an 'R' next to their names pay in taxes and dont even bother with the pretense of fauxrage when it is a very rich 'D' paying the same percentages.

  3. #63
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Yes he gave to charity and took the tax break for that even though he has lobbied to lower that deduction.Hypocrisy on display.

    "Like past budget proposals, President Obama’s new budget plan calls—again—for lowering the charitable contribution deduction."

    "The current tax code allows individuals to deduct their giving from their overall tax liability at a rate equal to their tax bracket. Obama wants to cap the charitable deduction at what it would be for taxpayers in the 28 percent tax bracket."

    Right now, for instance, taxpayers in the top bracket can take a deduction at their 39.6 percent rate. So for every $100 donated, the amount they can deduct overall would fall from $39.60 to $28."


    Obama Again Calls for Reducing Charitable Contribution Deduction
    He wants to change the law. It's not hypocrisy to follow the law but still want to change it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He wants to change the law. It's not hypocrisy to follow the law but still want to change it.
    Fine, show me the law that says you are "required" to take advantage of every deduction "permitted" by our tax laws. I won't hold my breath waiting.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Is Romney the ****ing President?
    I think we have found the source of all this misplaced anger you and your ilk have toward President Obama, he won the election.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Fine, show me the law that says you are "required" to take advantage of every deduction "permitted" by our tax laws. I won't hold my breath waiting.
    It is called the law of commonsense.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It is called the law of commonsense.
    It's called hypocrisy.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    It's called hypocrisy.
    No it is not.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    No it is not.
    If the speed limit on a stretch of road is 65 and you have written letters to the editor saying that speed is excessive on that curvy road and is causing excessive traffic accidents but then you go ahead and take the curves at 65 what are you, a hypocrite or using "common sense"?

  10. #70
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,726

    Obama, first lady release 2012 tax returns

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I think we have found the source of all this misplaced anger you and your ilk have toward President Obama, he won the election.
    I'm not a Romney fan, but there is definitely a double standard here with Obama supporters' attitudes toward Romney and Obama.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •