Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106

Thread: Obama sends Congress $3.77T spending plan, riles both sides

  1. #61
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    As you can plainly see from the graph, the numbers fluctuate quite a bit.
    By the way looks like you found the 500,000, good job, knew you could do it. Ready to apologize yet?

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Oh, I'm with you in that frustration. Too afraid were the Republicans of being labeled racist to fight a horribly flawed idea at the time, so they went along with the dead-end plan.

    Yet another reason you don't give the government even more money and power to squander our future.
    But it wasn't racist. Most of the homes I appraised were upper middle class homes, sold with little or no down to people already over extended. I had one builder specializing in lower middle class homes, and there the clients were very mixed.

    I think it was all about buying or keeping votes, and the inherent desire of humans to be liked. I think the latter applies especially to Bush.

    So where are we heading now? Obama and his administration is floating trial balloons concerning easing loan restrictions to bolster the economy. We never learn, or maybe you and I do not understand the problem

  3. #63
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    The right is complaining that his budget is too far left and at the same time the left is complaining that his budget is too far right......


    Dude WTF !!!!! HE CAN'T WIN !!!!!


    ObamaFace_palm_opt.jpg

  4. #64
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    The right is complaining that his budget is too far left and at the same time the left is complaining that his budget is too far right......


    Dude WTF !!!!! HE CAN'T WIN !!!!!


    ObamaFace_palm_opt.jpg
    3.77 trillion when we are broke isn't a winning budget or stance

  5. #65
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, most of the world countries have failed because they believe it is the role of the govt. to provide cradle to grave coverage with much of their economy dependent on govt. spending. It is liberal tendencies for the govt. to take on the role of the parent and that never was the intent. This country was built on self reliance, personal responsibility, and neighbor helping neighbor, not a massive central govt. taking care of all your needs.
    No. what has taken down many civilizations was their inability to adapt with changing times and technologies usually because of conservatives ideals. Again Imperial China at many points the most powerful nation on earth succumb to their conservative policies.

    Please give me a valid example.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  6. #66
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    No. what has taken down many civilizations was their inability to adapt with changing times and technologies usually because of conservatives ideals. Again Imperial China at many points the most powerful nation on earth succumb to their conservative policies.

    Please give me a valid example.
    your opinion noted, upon what do you base that opinion on? Entitlement mentality and massive govt. spending is unsustainable and we are seeing that in Europe. Check out govt spending as a percentage of GDP

  7. #67
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    your opinion noted, upon what do you base that opinion on? Entitlement mentality and massive govt. spending is unsustainable and we are seeing that in Europe. Check out govt spending as a percentage of GDP
    Not opinion, but fact. China failed to modernize and could not compete with western nations in the 1800's. This caused the British to thrash the Chinese in the First Opium war, Leaving them vulnerable to the west for the rest of the century. You criticize another for not knowing history, but you don't even know it yourself.

    You still haven't given me an example of a great nation succumbed to their liberal policies. You said there were several so i'm sure it won't be hard.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    3.77 trillion when we are broke isn't a winning budget or stance
    Is this more of your well developed economic analysis, because if it is, I think you need to re-evaluate your statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really don't understand the budget process or what is in the budget, do you? SS/Medicare were indeed fully funded but the money was spent when it was put on budget by LBJ to fund the Vietnam War. Learn your history. I love how you ignore the Obama lies yet blame Repubicans for lying. That is typical liberalism and the inability to ever admit that you are wrong.
    Learn their history?

    The country is over 235 years old and they can only go back as far as George Bush. That's the extent of what they think they know.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,364

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Oh, I'm with you in that frustration. Too afraid were the Republicans of being labeled racist to fight a horribly flawed idea at the time, so they went along with the dead-end plan.

    Yet another reason you don't give the government even more money and power to squander our future.
    Went along? They turbo-charged subprimes and even protected the banks from State regulations against predatory mortgages. The subprime mortgages sold during the Bush years were unlike ANY before. They violated many State laws with their "teaser" rates and balloon interest rates that often tripled the monthly payment after 2 years. They were WRITTEN to fail and that is what they did. That is what the Republicans liked about them I guess...they were scamming the poor and middle class out of their homes and their banker friends were making billion in bonuses. What could be better?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 04-10-13 at 06:59 PM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •