Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106

Thread: Obama sends Congress $3.77T spending plan, riles both sides

  1. #31
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just like someone from California blaming someone else for their own failures. Continued discussion about perceived Bush results is nothing more than a diversion from the failed Obama agenda. The current results are Obama's and there is nothing Bush did that created those results. I know how much you enjoy seeing the country become more like California with its high debt, high unemployment, and entitlement mentality.
    I'll take the current results over those your hero left us with....any day of the week....and I'll take California over Texas as well. Hell...I'd take Arizona over Texas.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #32
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The increases in spending are due to the belief that we need a 3.77 trillion dollar govt and that was never the intent of the Founders. Suggest reading a history book. Our Founders left England because of the govt. liberals are giving us today
    Well the make up of that 3.77 trillion dollar govt is 60% that goes towards entitlement spending, 18% goes to defense spending, and 17% goes to funding the rest of the US government. Just to point out that if you have a problem with a 3.77 trillion dollar government then you're problem is entitlements. Everything other than entitlements is 1.2 trillion and less than half of that funds EVERYTHING the government does.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  3. #33
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The money was not spent, it was lent to the Govt. by the purchase of Treasury bonds with the money. Bonds backed up by the full faith of the US Govt.
    You are the one who is confused or is it lying?
    Yes, and where does the money come from to fund those IOU's? Liberalism has bankrupted this country but you cannot seem to understand the reality

  4. #34
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Well the make up of that 3.77 trillion dollar govt is 60% that goes towards entitlement spending, 18% goes to defense spending, and 17% goes to funding the rest of the US government. Just to point out that if you have a problem with a 3.77 trillion dollar government then you're problem is entitlements. Everything other than entitlements is 1.2 trillion and less than half of that funds EVERYTHING the government does.
    Entitlement spending was paid for by payroll taxes and shouldn't be on budget. the fourth largest budget item is interest on the debt and when interest rates rise it will become much higher. You don't seem to understand the role of the Federal Govt at all or even basic civics and history.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'll take the current results over those your hero left us with....any day of the week....and I'll take California over Texas as well. Hell...I'd take Arizona over Texas.
    Of course you would since apparently you aren't paying for the debt service on the U.S. Debt and have no problem with the entitlement mentality in your state that has bankrupted it. So much for liberal compassion.

  6. #36
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you would since apparently you aren't paying for the debt service on the U.S. Debt and have no problem with the entitlement mentality in your state that has bankrupted it. So much for liberal compassion.
    You have no problem with Bush on jobs.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

  7. #37
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    John Boehner and Mitch McConnel are on the record stating in order for any sort of big bargain to take place they wanted either the age increased to 67 or Chained CPI.

    The Presidented decided Chained CPI is the lesser of two evils and is offering it as a concession. I'm not sure how anybody that votes Republican can criticize the President for giving their party what they wanted.
    I'm not complaining at all. Social Security shouldn't exist at all. I guarantee you if I had every dollar that I've paid to SS in my 401K right now, I'd be able to comfortably retire at 50.

    Of course, Obama is scheming right now to get his hands on my 401K somehow because, after all, it's a racist program designed only for the wealthy.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You have no problem with Bush on jobs.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    What purpose would it serve? Is it Bush's fault that we have 143 million Americans working today in a labor force of 155 million compared to 146 million working in December 2007 in a labor force of 153 million? Is it Bush's fault that 500,000 left the labor force last month and that we have a 17 trillion dollar debt today? Do you understand the concept of leadership and accepting responsibility. Apparently Obama doesn't understand either.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Obama sends Congress $3.77T spending plan, riles both sides

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You watched the Republican ideology crash and burn in 2008, losing the
    faith of the American people and 2 Presidential elections yet you still cling to it like it never happened. We tried it your way and didn't like the results. Time for something different.
    No we watched Clintons policies that lowered the lending standards of Banks under threat of prosecution and lowered the standards of the GSEs crash and burn.

    Right after he appointed his corrupt criminal buddies to run Fannie and Freddie.

    Thats what crashed iggy.

  10. #40
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama Budget, higher taxes and more spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What purpose would it serve? Is it Bush's fault that we have 143 million Americans working today in a labor force of 155 million compared to 146 million working in December 2007 in a labor force of 153 million? Is it Bush's fault that 500,000 left the labor force last month and that we have a 17 trillion dollar debt today? Do you understand the concept of leadership and accepting responsibility. Apparently Obama doesn't understand either.
    Who was president in December 2007?? Where do you get the 500K figure?? Are you blaming President Obama for all of the 17 trillion?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •