Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 159

Thread: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Taken at their word, they are "monitoring" illegal hunting. So they wouldn't be harassing legal hunters. Still, why?
    It says, to turn the videos of illegal hunters over to police. The why is they want evidence of poachers' crimes.

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Sweet, I'm totally going to monitor government with mine.
    I am going to use mine to catch a glimpse of the neighbor lady up the street poolside....I suspect there is some nude sun bathing going on around the June thru September time frame.....heh, heh.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am going to use mine to catch a glimpse of the neighbor lady up the street poolside....I suspect there is some nude sun bathing going on around the June thru September time frame.....heh, heh.....
    You have to share!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #24
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    It says, to turn the videos of illegal hunters over to police. The why is they want evidence of poachers' crimes.
    And then what? Unless you can identify the hunters, you've got nothing. How can you tell from the air that it's illegal?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #25
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What an upside down world we live in today....The debate over gun control rages on....People are being drawn into supporting taking peoples private property to distribute to the collective...Rights, once proclaimed by our constitution granted us by God, are now determined, and given/taken by man....

    And PETA wants to stalk, and harass legal hunters with drones....These people are just plain nuts. I'd shoot it down.
    property is already being taken for the Wall Street collective........

    Tracking the $700 Billion Bailout - The New York Times

    Time for the homeless to get what they NEED since WS gets bentlys...........................

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-12-14 @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    And then what? Unless you can identify the hunters, you've got nothing. How can you tell from the air that it's illegal?
    Who knows? If they are hunting in an area where they shouldn't that is easy to prove with arial surveillance. If they kill animals they shouldn't, that is easy to prove. And you can identify people and their vehicles from the air. We do it all the time.

    I'm not saying it is the best way to go about it. But it isn't completely implausible.

  7. #27
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcogito View Post
    Who knows? If they are hunting in an area where they shouldn't that is easy to prove with arial surveillance. If they kill animals they shouldn't, that is easy to prove. And you can identify people and their vehicles from the air. We do it all the time.

    I'm not saying it is the best way to go about it. But it isn't completely implausible.
    I'd rather have the Fish and Wildlife types doing the surveillance themselves. They could potentially swoop in and do something about it right away, not months to years later.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #28
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,495

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'd rather have the Fish and Wildlife types doing the surveillance themselves. They could potentially swoop in and do something about it right away, not months to years later.
    The state using "drones" to monitor gun-owners? What politician could raise that idea without getting lynched?

  9. #29
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-03-17 @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    well, we are all animals. Animals are controlling the drones.

    hell, just look at your Saint Palin, she likes to shoot animals from whirlybirds.
    Try masturbating in public like an animal and see what happens.

  10. #30
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: PETA Plans to Fly Drones That Would 'Stalk Hunters'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What an upside down world we live in today....The debate over gun control rages on....People are being drawn into supporting taking peoples private property to distribute to the collective...Rights, once proclaimed by our constitution granted us by God, are now determined, and given/taken by man....

    And PETA wants to stalk, and harass legal hunters with drones....These people are just plain nuts. I'd shoot it down.
    The most dangerous game!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •