Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 552

Thread: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87 [W:113]

  1. #311
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I love it when people try to make others believe they are smart....
    The problem is, I speak the language. How snobbish of me to believe that meaning is meaning when idiots use language totally inaccurately and then - because the ignorant are many - claim, like a very American, that mistakes must be right if there are enough idiots! Go to school. kid.

  2. #312
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Sorry the bolded bit makes a mockery of your I hare no-one bit. In no way shape or form could she be considered the worst human being that has ever lived. Again I named 4 totally evil dictators we could go back farther in time to Ghengis Khan, Vlad the impaler Caligula etc. You disagreed with her policies but she was not an evil dictator at the very worst you can consider her a democratically elected politician who's policies were not good for your country. Unless/until they actually take over and make a dictatorship, you are just spewing hate.

    Remember all I said works same for Hugo Chavez, Obama or any other democratically elected leader regardless of their political ideology.
    The scumbags you name lived in scumbag times. She took an advanced country and turned it into a sort of mini-America without the good points. She was utterly evil. as you know. Stop posturing and be ashamed.

  3. #313
    Professor
    Penderyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK, Cymru mostly.
    Last Seen
    05-03-17 @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,618

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I sir am an American conservative....Thatcher didn't "hate people"...Just Marxist people she saw destroying her beloved Britain....
    I was here. She hated everyone. Scum of the earth. I lived in a mining area she made into a police state. Totally evil creature, full of spite, like any tory, but seizing the power to spoil and destroy and kill.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    The scumbags you name lived in scumbag times. She took an advanced country and turned it into a sort of mini-America without the good points. She was utterly evil. as you know. Stop posturing and be ashamed.
    LOL, Thatcher was never Prime Minister of Germany or America. She took over a has been country run into the ground by powerful unions and 11 years later left a far healthier country. The same British people you claim she hated had the right to buy their own council homes and 1 in 4 of us had shares in private companies.

    That's not hate - all you're describing is your envy of her acheivements.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    I was here. She hated everyone. Scum of the earth. I lived in a mining area she made into a police state. Totally evil creature, full of spite, like any tory, but seizing the power to spoil and destroy and kill.
    What a disgusting way to talk about a dead person who can't defend herself. I hope I never read anything from you about "hate" because that is one of the most hateful things I have ever had the displeasure to read.

  6. #316
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,227

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Short-termist management and lack of reinvestment had nothing to do with the parlous state of British manufacturing and it was all the union's' fault. That's why it didn't hurt when it became terminal under Thatcher. Great swathes of the country laid waste on the altar of monetarism.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #317
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    The problem is, I speak the language. How snobbish of me to believe that meaning is meaning when idiots use language totally inaccurately and then - because the ignorant are many - claim, like a very American, that mistakes must be right if there are enough idiots! Go to school. kid.
    Kid? Hell, I am probably old enough to be your father, show some respect.

    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Basically destroyed by thatcher, disgraced and publicly shamed by bliar, and the desert turned into a squalid bleeding class-battlefield by the scumbag Cameron and his liars. All that will be left is the drunken ranting nazis of the Mail, torturing the sick and the poor.
    And it seems we've discovered one of them here.

  9. #319
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Facism is defined as such by Wiki...



    Applying this to Thatcher begs the question if you even know what facism is.
    Oh yes, I know what fascism is. Further, I'm skeptical of Wikipedia, and of those who see it as some sort of authority. To be kind, let's just say she loved to associate with and speak highly of, fascists.

  10. #320
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Baroness Thatcher dies, age 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Oh yes, I know what fascism is. Further, I'm skeptical of Wikipedia, and of those who see it as some sort of authority. To be kind, let's just say she loved to associate with and speak highly of, fascists.
    Two things you are not allowed to get away with here...

    1. Show where the relevant passages I posted from Wiki are not factual, I am not a fan either, but facts are facts. If you can't disprove what was posted, you yourself, are committing a logical fallacy, and instantly lose the argument.

    2. Show where Thatcher spoke highly of fascists, or associated with them...Otherwise, you have made claims that you can not back up, and lose the argument instantly.

    Thank you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •