Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 455

Thread: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    That's not the point, the point is why are 8 year olds having sex?
    Some children are sexually molested by their own family members and often times by close family friends and acquaintances.

  2. #412
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    LOL! I'm willing to BET that you don't have any children. It's obvious that you know very LITTLE about children and teenagers and how they tick.
    I'm willing to bet that you resort to personal attacks because you've run out of arguments
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And it's not up to the pharmacist or the govt either.

    And parents do not have a right to know when their children legally purchase an OTC medication.





    Wrong. With or without this knowledge, the parents should be talking about such matters to their children and building the sort of trusting relationship with their child that would encourage the child to be open with her parents.
    Whether or not parents do or do not talk to their children does not negate the fact that leaving children and young teens on their own when it comes to such complicated issues is a TERRIBLE idea. This is NOT about punishing or rewarding the parents. Do you understand what I am saying?

  4. #414
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Some children are sexually molested by their own family members and often times by close family friends and acquaintances.
    Therefore, we should contact the family if they try to buy Plan B :
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'm willing to bet that you resort to personal attacks because you've run out of arguments
    Oh, so betting on if you have children is a personal attack now huh? Good Lord!

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Therefore, we should contact the family if they try to buy Plan B :
    If the point could fly any further over your head, I'd be surprised.

  7. #417
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Whether or not parents do or do not talk to their children does not negate the fact that leaving children and young teens on their own when it comes to such complicated issues is a TERRIBLE idea. This is NOT about punishing or rewarding the parents. Do you understand what I am saying?
    If parents do not talk to their children *before* they engage in sex, or if they fail to create a trusting relationship with their children, then for all practical purposes, they have left their teens on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #418
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'm willing to bet that you resort to personal attacks because you've run out of arguments
    Pot, meet kettle - Kettle, meet pot.

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    If parents do not talk to their children *before* they engage in sex, or if they fail to create a trusting relationship with their children, then for all practical purposes, they have left their teens on their own.
    Nope, you're wrong. There can be many, many things that get in the way of a "trusting relationship." You are simplifying a complicated relationship.

    Also, that does not mean that parents should ever be left in the dark about these kind of important matters. It's just stupid. There is a reason why children have and need parents.

  10. #420
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I guess we could legally reach into the womb now with a pair of tweezers and feed the pill to the fetus, then it could self-abort and no one would have to feel guilty.
    Plan B only prevents ovulation.
    If an egg has been released it will not prevent fertilization of the egg.
    Since Plan B does not contain estrogen the lining of the uterus is not affected so Plan B does not prevent a zygote ( fertilized egg ) from implanting.
    Plan B will not harm a zygote, embryo or a fetus.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •