Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 455

Thread: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

  1. #371
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Well, As I stated much earlier in this thread President Obama and S of H Sibelius wanted to keep Plan B as a prescription drug for any person under 17. But the case went to court and the judge ruled that should be over the counter for any age.
    Actually, if I'm not mistaken, we don't know what Obama's position on the issue was but we do know that the FDA approved the morning after pill for sale over the counter to those under 17 but Sebelius vetoed that decision - it's why it ended up in court. Considering Obama's historical positions on choice issues, I think it's hard for you to claim he wanted it to remain via prescription only for those under 17.

  2. #372
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    You can believe what you want. I have no doubt any insurance would cover this as a prescription and I would hope a 15 y/o rape victim would be given this pill in the ER and that insurance would cover it. That being said, I don't think anyone that walks in off the street and buys this OTC will be able to use their insurance to pay for it.
    Now? - you're right. Ever? - we'll see.

  3. #373
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And I said, in my opinion, the reproductive rights lobby and their friends in the Obama administration and HHS will see to it that it changes.
    This is counter-factual. The Obama administration resisted classifying this as an OTC drug for minors.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #374
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    This is counter-factual. The Obama administration resisted classifying this as an OTC drug for minors.
    Not at all - I'd be willing to bet that the Obama administration is delighted that the courts did their dirty work for them. It would have been politically dangerous to do it without the courts involvement. Let's see if the Justice Department appeals the decision on behalf of the administration, then you might have a point.

  5. #375
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Actually, if I'm not mistaken, we don't know what Obama's position on the issue was but we do know that the FDA approved the morning after pill for sale over the counter to those under 17 but Sebelius vetoed that decision - it's why it ended up in court. Considering Obama's historical positions on choice issues, I think it's hard for you to claim he wanted it to remain via prescription only for those under 17.
    Actually, it's not hard at all and you are mistaken

    Obama defends Plan B decision 'as father of two daughters'

    President Obama said today that "as the father of two daughters," he supports his Health secretary's decision to block over-the-counter sales of the Plan B "morning after" birth control pill to girls under 17 years of age.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Because this is a medical decision, not a political one.
    And since WHEN do minors make their own medical decisions, WITHOUT any parental input? It isn't a medical decision, it's a stupid decision.

  7. #377
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, it's not hard at all and you are mistaken

    Obama defends Plan B decision 'as father of two daughters'
    Obama would never be politically duplicitous, I'm sure.

  8. #378
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Not at all - I'd be willing to bet that the Obama administration is delighted that the courts did their dirty work for them. It would have been politically dangerous to do it without the courts involvement. Let's see if the Justice Department appeals the decision on behalf of the administration, then you might have a point.
    As I've before, those who motivated by emotionalism will ignore the facts, and believe whatever fictions are needed to maintain their bigoted opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #379
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And since WHEN do minors make their own medical decisions, WITHOUT any parental input? It isn't a medical decision, it's a stupid decision.
    More often than you realize.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #380
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Obama would never be politically duplicitous, I'm sure.
    And neither would you
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •