Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 455

Thread: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

  1. #361
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Anyway I already posted two articles that mentioned over the counter ( non prescription medications) are not covered in the
    Affordable Health Care Act also known as Obamacare.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #362
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Didn't you say that processed food and plastic containers have a greater impact on hormones?
    That's not precisely what I said.

    I said that taking one dose of the morning after pill is likely going to influence your hormones less than consuming processed food and food in plastic containers over the long-term. I have not read evidence that the MAP negatively influences the endocrine system of girls, since they are mainly just single large doses of progesterone.

    Young girls are not hitting puberty sooner because of the morning after pill. The culprit is most likely systemic pseudohormones in their diet. Young girls in other parts of the world where the diet is wholesome and normal are not experiencing early puberty.

  3. #363
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not running away from anything. However, I'm not an idiot either - I have no intention of satisfying some need you have. If you haven't the intellectual capacity to grasp the meaning of the words I posted, that's a shame, but nothing I can do about it - it's not for me to hand-hold you through them ad-nauseum. If that makes you feel as if somehow you've won, I'm happy I could bring you some joy to your day.
    I understand what you said. You think that a young childs ability to get a MAP without their parent knowledge will be increased because they can have their parents insurance pay for, even though that means the parents will be informed (when they receive the EOB from the insurance company) and that the child will have to get a prescription (and the doctor visit required for the prescription will also result in notification on the EOB the parents receive)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #364
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Anyway I already posted two articles that mentioned over the counter ( non prescription medications) are not covered in the
    Affordable Health Care Act also known as Obamacare.
    And I said, in my opinion, the reproductive rights lobby and their friends in the Obama administration and HHS will see to it that it changes. My prediction won't be proven unless it happens, but it's my opinion and prediction and no matter how many times you post counter arguments that it's not allowed now it doesn't change the fact that it can change in the future.

  5. #365
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And I said, in my opinion, the reproductive rights lobby and their friends in the Obama administration and HHS will see to it that it changes. My prediction won't be proven unless it happens, but it's my opinion and prediction and no matter how many times you post counter arguments that it's not allowed now it doesn't change the fact that it can change in the future.
    Well the Affordable Health Care Act was already passed by Congress with no provision for any over the counter drugs so if Plan B remains an over the counter drug congress would need to add an amendment to the Health Care Act to allow Plan B to covered as an over the counter drug...I just don't see that happening.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #366
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Well the Affordable Health Care Act was already passed by Congress with no provision for any over the counter drugs so if Plan B remains an over the counter drug congress would need to add an amendment to the Health Care Act to allow Plan B to covered as an over the counter drug...I just don't see that happening.
    Well I guess you should inform Obama and Sebelius that they have no power to adopt regulations under the act.

  7. #367
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I wouldn't know about what goes on in Europe, nor do I really care all that much. I read that it's effects have NOT been studied on girls as young as 11. Also, do you think it's a good idea for an 11 or 12-year-old to be able to purchase this product without her parents' knowledge?
    First, I'm not talking about European morality, I'm talking about health and science. To me, a decade of use (what IT guys call "in the wild") is plenty of evidence that there isn't a problem. An FDA study wouldn't be as good as simply looking at European health statistics.

    Second, this case was about the FDA's responsibilities, so I think the decision was a good one. The FDA has no business making decisions about age except as it relates to health. Obviously, the evidence showed it was acceptable from a medical standpoint.


    Lastly, your question suggests I ask you one. Do you believe underage girls should be allowed birth control of any kind without their parent's permission/knowledge?

    PS
    Reading further in the thread I see you answered this question. I do not believe that this is an invitation for girls to have sex. As for the abuse part, what's to stop an adult from buying it over-the-counter and giving it to the pre-teen? Limiting access to young girls won't stop abuse.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 04-09-13 at 05:37 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  8. #368
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Well I guess you should inform Obama and Sebelius that they have no power to adopt regulations under the act.
    Well, As I stated much earlier in this thread President Obama and S of H Sibelius wanted to keep Plan B as a prescription drug for any person under 17. But the case went to court and the judge ruled that should be over the counter for any age.
    Last edited by minnie616; 04-09-13 at 05:41 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #369
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    How about we end this back and forth that has far removed itself from my original comment and I'll state the gist of that comment again.

    I basically said, counter to what Sangha was claiming, that the cost of the pill would not be a prohibiting issue to the under 17 year old child because under the new Obamacare HHS mandates, the morning after pill has to be included, free of any charge or co-pay, under all insurance policies and that the reproductive rights people and their friends in the Obama administration and HHS will ensure that the morning after pill will be available free of charge.

    Over the counter, under the counter, whatever, my point was that the reproductive rights people will ensure that this court case, granting access to the morning after pill to under 17s without a prescription, will not be essentially voided by cost considerations. You may disagree, as is your right, but I stand by my opinion going forward.
    You can believe what you want. I have no doubt any insurance would cover this as a prescription and I would hope a 15 y/o rape victim would be given this pill in the ER and that insurance would cover it. That being said, I don't think anyone that walks in off the street and buys this OTC will be able to use their insurance to pay for it.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #370
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, if young girls don't need it and aren't the ones targeted, then why would they do away with the age limitation without a prescription?
    Because this is a medical decision, not a political one.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •