Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 455

Thread: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

  1. #331
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Then why does anyone pay for the pill? They can just eat processed food.


    Are you seriously asking this?

  2. #332
    Professor
    vendur's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-13 @ 08:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post


    Are you seriously asking this?
    Are you seriously asking if he's seriously asking, after that whopper you dropped on the previous page?

  3. #333
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,207

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Not stupid, it was to point out that insurance companies do cover OTC drugs - as long as they are by prescription. If I'm in the hospital I don't have to pay for the Tylenol the give me, my insurance company does that. I just wanted to point that out before you made some big deal of it.
    Funny, because it wasn't me who made the claim, it was you and Sangha who claimed that insurance companies don't cover OTC drugs and that an insurance company would never cover the costs of the morning after pill now that it was OTC for those under 17.

    Thanks for pointing out I was right - I appreciate it.

  4. #334
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Funny, because it wasn't me who made the claim, it was you and Sangha who claimed that insurance companies don't cover OTC drugs and that an insurance company would never cover the costs of the morning after pill now that it was OTC for those under 17.

    Thanks for pointing out I was right - I appreciate it.
    I posted it as a clarifier exactly because I made that claim - and I still stand by it. If it's issued in a hospital it's only with a prescription, which by definition is not OTC regardless of it's availability outside a hospital. (I even used Tylenol as an example so there would be no mistake about what I was saying). This would also apply to the MAP. Or were you also objecting to doctors prescribing the MAP to those under 17?


    Here's the original exchange:
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Actually, I believe any medication given in a hospital and/or ER is "prescription", even Tylenol.
    I know, it's dumb. Doctors!
    What an idiotic analogy. Of course all medications given in a hospital are by prescription - it's not at all similar to picking up a pill at the local pharmacy. Too stupid.
    So by your own admission it's "not at all similar to picking up a pill at the local pharmacy".

    And then you followed it by a personal attack for even mentioning such a thing.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 04-09-13 at 07:40 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post


    Are you seriously asking this?
    Didn't you say that processed food and plastic containers have a greater impact on hormones?

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    The drug has been available OTC in Europe to females of all ages for over a decade. If there was evidence of problems (at least over that time-frame) Europe would know about it and remove it or restrict it. Unless you think, as others apparently do, that European countries don't care about their citizens as much as we do?
    I wouldn't know about what goes on in Europe, nor do I really care all that much. I read that it's effects have NOT been studied on girls as young as 11. Also, do you think it's a good idea for an 11 or 12-year-old to be able to purchase this product without her parents' knowledge?

  7. #337
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Didn't you say that processed food and plastic containers have a greater impact on hormones?
    Well there are a lot of ways that processed food can affect hormones in women.
    Processed food has been linked to earlier onset of puberty and enlarged breasts in women.
    It might even make them more fertile not less fertile.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  8. #338
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I wouldn't know about what goes on in Europe, nor do I really care all that much. I read that it's effects have NOT been studied on girls as young as 11. Also, do you think it's a good idea for an 11 or 12-year-old to be able to purchase this product without her parents' knowledge?
    I would hope that girls that young would talk to their parents or another responsible adult.
    Since Plan B costs about $50 I am hopeful most young girls would need to ask an adult for the money.
    If they went to hospital or a clinic for the pill they will be counseled and if Plan B is kept behind the counter as it currently is the pharmacy worker would most likely instruct them that the EC pill is for emergencies only.

    As an aside even though it has been legal for 17 years to buy Plan B for over a year now a lot of pharmacies still tell 17 year olds they need a prescription to buy it.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I would hope that girls that young would talk to their parents or another responsible adult.
    Since Plan B costs about $50 I am hopeful most young girls would need to ask an adult for the money.
    If they went to hospital or a clinic for the pill they will be counseled and if Plan B is kept behind the counter as it currently is the pharmacy worker would most likely instruct them that the EC pill is for emergencies only.

    As an aside even though it has been legal for 17 years to buy Plan B for over a year now a lot of pharmacies still tell 17 year olds they need a prescription to buy it.
    Isn't that what this is all about, doing away with the prescription for those under 17 so that they can use this pill without having to tell anyone, like their doctor or their parents? IMO, that is exactly what this all about. What do you think it's about Minnie?

  10. #340
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,953

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Isn't that what this is all about, doing away with the prescription for those under 17 so that they can use this pill without having to tell anyone, like their doctor or their parents? IMO, that is exactly what this all about. What do you think it's about Minnie?
    It is about being able to get the medication over the counter.
    We can buy Prilosec over the counter now also.
    As long as the FDA feels a drug is a safe it can be sold over the counter.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •