Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 455

Thread: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

  1. #211
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Judge orders morning-after pill available without prescription

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The sooner you take it, the more likely it is to prevent pregnancy. I think making OTC is the best way to make it avaliable.
    Like I said before, it is OTC for adults, but for minors they needed a prescription. Personally, I think it needs to be OTC for everyone but dispensed by the pharmacist under conditions of safe use and have it logged. Someone doesn't need to be buying Plan B daily and it would help prevent abuse. In the case of minors a parent would have to sign off on it. It eliminates the need for an office visit, the women would receive counselling and safe use guidelines, and parents would still have to be notified and approve of it.

  2. #212
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And ideologues throw caution to the wind, consequences be damned, in the pursuit of their goals.
    That's right. Ideologues do not see how their moralistic blatherings supporting the restriction of health care simply because it has something to do with sex could lead to the restriction of medicines that save lives and protect the health of millions of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #213
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I mean that children are special. Listen to the TV commercials that advise of constraints--e.g. not to be taken if under 18. Children's bodies are not the same as adults, and pubescents girls' hormones aren't the same either.
    Which is why I believe that Plan B should be subject to the same constraints as any other OTC drug
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #214
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,194

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I read until the part where you dishonestly claim I have dismissed the possibility of side effects.
    However, that (not knowing) isn't a reason to restrict the use by teens. It never has been, so I don't see why we should apply special standards simply because the issue is sexually related.

    You apparently have a short memory, or at least a convenient one, so I've repeated your own words above. Perhaps you could explain how "not knowing" isn't a reason to restrict use in teens isn't being cavalierly dismissive? I won't hold you to honesty, since that may cramp your ideological spin, but I'd love to watch you twirl.

  5. #215
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Another step forward in the liberal pedophile agenda.
    Don't forget how we're all homos too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #216
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    However, that (not knowing) isn't a reason to restrict the use by teens. It never has been, so I don't see why we should apply special standards simply because the issue is sexually related.

    You apparently have a short memory, or at least a convenient one, so I've repeated your own words above. Perhaps you could explain how "not knowing" isn't a reason to restrict use in teens isn't being cavalierly dismissive? I won't hold you to honesty, since that may cramp your ideological spin, but I'd love to watch you twirl.
    The words you quoted do not dismiss the possibility of side effects. Once again, your argument is dishonest.

    And once again, I stopped reading once I came upon your dishonest claim
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #217
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Don't forget how we're all homos too.
    If you say so. Some of you are so ugly that the other guys wouldn't touch you apparently so you have to take women as a port of last resort if that is true. I'll take your word for it, because liberals are always honest.

  8. #218
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,194

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's right. Ideologues do not see how their moralistic blatherings supporting the restriction of health care simply because it has something to do with sex could lead to the restriction of medicines that save lives and protect the health of millions of people.
    And leftist ideologues apparently have no use for honesty. Point out one place where my comments referred to sex as the reason for my concern about young teens having unfettered access to the pills - you can't, because I didn't - the act is not the issue, at least not for me - my point is that there is more to the issue of a 13 yr old potentially being pregnant and her parents should know what's going on and make those kinds of decisions.

  9. #219
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,194

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The words you quoted do not dismiss the possibility of side effects. Once again, your argument is dishonest.

    And once again, I stopped reading once I came upon your dishonest claim
    Like most on the left, they can't even be honest with themselves in their pursuit of ideological goals - they're too embarrassed by the implications.

  10. #220
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    And leftist ideologues apparently have no use for honesty.
    I'm not the one who has repeatedly lied about

    1) Insurance coverage for OTC drugs
    2) Dismissing the possibility of side effect.

    That was you

    And once again, I stopped reading as soon as I saw another of your dishonest claims
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •