Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 455

Thread: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    It's how the conservative mind works: confronted with facts that countradict their vapid memes, they counterattack and shout, forget the facts, you're promoting immorality.
    Sorta like progressives on gun control....

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Thank God. At long last. Looks like that Marxist Obama has outwitted the tea baggers and boomsticklovers again!

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Gun pornography.

    Joaquin's Law: boomsticklovers can't make more than 10 posts before introducing gun porn.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,364

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    At what point in a kid's life should the parent no longer be held responsible for the kid's actions? For example, if the kid can obtain the 'morning after' medication w/o parental consent why should the parent be held responsible for the kids food, clothing, etc, or for that matter schooling? Just asking.
    Right. Just because a child is yours, why should you feed it? Just don't abort a fetus, that would be wrong. Once it pops out, it is on its own.

  3. #173
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Wow ...just wow...
    Nothing like putting words in my mouth I never said.

    My post was only facts about how Plan B works.

    You have a right to your own opinion but you do have a right to make up a scenario and accuse me of promoting promiscuity in a 13 old girl.

    Stepping off my soapbox now...
    I didn't accuse you of anything or put any words in your mouth - however, if you're feeling guilty about your position in this matter, I can totally understand how you'd feel very uncomfortable.

  4. #174
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I don't even think "moral" is the right word. I would say "punitive". If something bad happens, conservatives first impulse is to blame and punish somebody instead of trying to solve the problem.
    How true!
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  5. #175
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I didn't accuse you of anything or put any words in your mouth - however, if you're feeling guilty about your position in this matter, I can totally understand how you'd feel very uncomfortable.
    Not uncomfortable at all about my position on this matter.
    My position is that plan B prevents pregnancy but does not cause an abortion.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-10-13 @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Not uncomfortable at all about my position on this matter.
    My position is that plan B prevents pregnancy but does not cause an abortion.
    I can corroborate that. I don't agree with some of your views, but after the AK abortion law thread, I definitely respect you for being comfortable and well versed on this topic.

  7. #177
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,189

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Not uncomfortable at all about my position on this matter.
    My position is that plan B prevents pregnancy but does not cause an abortion.
    That's fine, I appreciate that - however, nice dodge of the actual issue under discussion.

    The morning after pill isn't an actual, technical abortion - agreed. What about the real issue - unfettered access to the pill for a 13 yr old who thinks she might become pregnant because she had unprotected intercourse? Or is that irrelevant to those who believe ending pregnancy trumps all other considerations?

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Gosh, this is such a complicated situation. I agree with a lot of what you say CanadaJohn, that it is surely a sign of a deeper issue when a 13 year old is having sex and using the abortion pill, and she probably needs a LOT more than just a pill.

    At the same time, though, I think about 13 year olds having unwanted babies, and that at least is something we can try to put a stop to.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Another issue I have with this: What if a child (or an adult) does take this pill without others knowing and has some kind of bad reaction? This is something that concerns me especially with young teenagers who would probably take it without informing anyone.

  10. #180
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Judge strikes age restrictions for "morning after" pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Another issue I have with this: What if a child (or an adult) does take this pill without others knowing and has some kind of bad reaction? This is something that concerns me especially with young teenagers who would probably take it without informing anyone.
    And take it casually/frequently. This worries me too.

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •