Page 97 of 163 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #961
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Graph: Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States (USALFPRNA) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

    Attachment 67146022

    The graph did not allow for later data. ARRA didnt change the particpation rate by much, if at all.
    That graph does not restrict itself to only payroll jobs, there are many jobs where wages are not paid, such as volunteer jobs.


  2. #962
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    That graph does not restrict itself to only payroll jobs, there are many jobs where wages are not paid, such as volunteer jobs.
    So the Labor Participation rate is calculated differently now than prior years?

  3. #963
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So the Labor Participation rate is calculated differently now than prior years?
    I didn't say it was, but OC used the graph as argument against non farm payroll jobs mentioned by the quoted poster. It was an apples and oranges comparison.


  4. #964
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I didn't say it was, but OC used the graph as argument against non farm payroll jobs mentioned by the quoted poster. It was an apples and oranges comparison.
    So tell me how anyone can claim Obama's record as positive with the labor participation rate dropping?

  5. #965
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Got it, you know I don't believe the stimulus worked at all nor do most economists. The numbers speak for themselves, numbers you want to ignore
    As usual, you miss your target. No, I don't believe that. What I do believe is that you're so consumed with hatred for Democrats & Liberals, that you'll say anything to make them look bad and steal credit away from them; and that no lie is too big for you to tell to either harm Liberals or protect Conservatives.

    And this is happens to be a perfect example...

    You DID believe that each stimulus job cost us $228,000 each.

    You even said those were "Obama's results" of his "821 billion stimulus program."

    And I know you believed that as you were saying that over and over again because you thought you stumbled upon some great talking point that you could attack Obama with. And you were maintaining "Obama's results" of his "821 billion stimulus program" "cost the taxpayer $228,000 each" until I pointed out the implication of your newly found talking point was that Obama surpassed his goal of saving/creating 3m jobs.

    Only then did you suddenly claim your own posts were bullxit.

    But I absolutely believe you absolutely believed each job cost us $228,000. Just as I absolutely believe the only reason you've abandoned that talking point is due to your abject contempt for Obama because he's a Liberal Democrat. Your entire belief system has nothing to do with reality. It's completely partisan based. You even chose the forum name, "Conservative," because you're so driven by partisan politics.

    I also absolutely believe that had Obama been a Republican and everything else exactly the same as it is now, you'd be defending him to your core -- even using real figures instead of the bull**** nominal figures you use now because you would like them better.

    So, no, you will never escape your own words because I have no doubt you meant them at the time you kept repeating them ...

    "Don't you just love the Obama results? 15 million unemployed, 3.5 trillion added to the debt, 821 billion stimulus program that created or "saved" jobs that cost the taxpayer $228,000 each. Those are the results "your" President generated and why he got shellacked in 2010." ~ Conservative

  6. #966
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    As usual, you miss your target. No, I don't believe that. What I do believe is that you're so consumed with hatred for Democrats & Liberals, that you'll say anything to make them look bad and steal credit away from them; and that no lie is too big for you to tell to either harm Liberals or protect Conservatives.

    And this is happens to be a perfect example...

    You DID believe that each stimulus job cost us $228,000 each.

    You even said those were "Obama's results" of his "821 billion stimulus program."

    And I know you believed that as you were saying that over and over again because you thought you stumbled upon some great talking point that you could attack Obama with. And you were maintaining "Obama's results" of his "821 billion stimulus program" "cost the taxpayer $228,000 each" until I pointed out the implication of your newly found talking point was that Obama surpassed his goal of saving/creating 3m jobs.

    Only then did you suddenly claim your own posts were bullxit.

    But I absolutely believe you absolutely believed each job cost us $228,000. Just as I absolutely believe the only reason you've abandoned that talking point is due to your abject contempt for Obama because he's a Liberal Democrat. Your entire belief system has nothing to do with reality. It's completely partisan based. You even chose the forum name, "Conservative," because you're so driven by partisan politics.

    I also absolutely believe that had Obama been a Republican and everything else exactly the same as it is now, you'd be defending him to your core -- even using real figures instead of the bull**** nominal figures you use now because you would like them better.

    So, no, you will never escape your own words because I have no doubt you meant them at the time you kept repeating them ...

    "Don't you just love the Obama results? 15 million unemployed, 3.5 trillion added to the debt, 821 billion stimulus program that created or "saved" jobs that cost the taxpayer $228,000 each. Those are the results "your" President generated and why he got shellacked in 2010." ~ Conservative
    Your opinion noted but just like claiming that the Civilian Labor Force was the number of people employed and you had to admit you were wrong, you are wrong in your post here as well. Results matter except to a liberal like you who will always buy feel good rhetoric regardless of the results. Obama is your man as he will tell you what you want to hear and actual results don't matter.

  7. #967
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    oh god this is halarious

  8. #968
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Bolded: inflammatory crapola bait.

    At any rate, democratic leadership got what it wanted didnt they? They wanted it blocked, they got it blocked. Soo, what does intent count for?
    "Intentions," in this case, "paint Democrats of being even more wrong than Republicans. But "wrong" doesn't get the blame since "intentions" didn't block either of those bills (one of which passed in the House) from being added to the Senate's legislative calendar for a full vote.

    Republicans did that.

  9. #969
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try to focus, it has been ten years since we went into Iraq and we are into Obama's fifth year. Your obsession with Bush is nothing more than a diversion from the failures of Obama
    LOL you're just upset that your hypocrisy and bad analysis have been shown. BTW I thought you claimed Obama was going to lose. Just another example of bad analysis on your part just like you did in 2004. Sorry you don't like your hypocrisy shown.

  10. #970
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,736

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    "Intentions," in this case, "paint Democrats of being even more wrong than Republicans. But "wrong" doesn't get the blame since "intentions" didn't block either of those bills (one of which passed in the House) from being added to the Senate's legislative calendar for a full vote.

    Republicans did that.
    Actually intentions towards voting block bills from coming to a vote all the time. Its called political capital. Im thinking the nuance and reality of this situation are lost in partisan goggles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •