Page 82 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #811
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Inflation = a good thing? Well, my limited understanding is that inflation is a way for the treasury to claw back in excess currency in circulation, so in a macro effect kind of way then good, or bad, it is a necessary function when too much currency has been introduced. As for the effect on an economy, I'd have to say hell no it isn't a good thing, unless you think that having less spending ability is good for a service based economy.
    Too much currency can cause inflation an that is a bad thing, however high demand can also create inflation.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Too much currency can cause inflation an that is a bad thing, however high demand can also create inflation.
    We don't have high demand right now and haven't had high demand since Obama took office. Obama is doing his best to keep demand down by penalizing producers and that is impacting economic growth and job creation. You voted your heart instead of your brain although they be one and the same.

    Obama is an economic idiot or truly a leftwing socialist transforming America into a European socialist economy of high unemployment, high debt, low economic growth, and massive govt. dependence. All you need to do is look at the dependence on the govt. in Europe to see what is happening here. A very high percentage of GDP in Europe is govt. spending and when austerity is tried there are riots in the street because their dependence on govt. is threatened. Is that what you really want here?

  3. #813
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Too much currency can cause inflation an that is a bad thing, however high demand can also create inflation.
    Yes, but in different ways....For instance, if you have too much currency in circulation that is artificial, and doesn't necessarily increase anyone's buying power. But, if you have inflation caused by high demand then that is an indicator of pent up private wealth, and business can increase easily to accommodate the demand, thus providing increased opportunity.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #814
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Blending them together? LOL, no adding them together is indeed an economic indicator but since you have no concept of the components of GDP just like you don't know that the civilian labor force are those eligible to work, the reality escapes you.

    It is rather interesting that we have 143 million working Americans today after adding over 6 trillion dollars to the debt when 6 trillion dollars less we had 146 million. Yes, Obama is an economic genius and great leader.
    I dragged you to water -- that's all I can do.

    That you can't understand how a misery index of 4 doesn't necessarily indicate a strong economy reveals how little you know about economics.

    At any rate, no matter how much you bitch and moan, the misery index will never be an indicator of the economy.

    And the leading economic indicator, GDP, which is a true indicator of the economy, you avoid like the plague. Why? Here's why...

    Reagan's recession: -1.5% GDP
    Bush's Great Recession: -4.7%

  5. #815
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I dragged you to water -- that's all I can do.

    That you can't understand how a misery index of 4 doesn't necessarily indicate a strong economy reveals how little you know about economics.

    At any rate, no matter how much you bitch and moan, the misery index will never be an indicator of the economy.

    And the leading economic indicator, GDP, which is a true indicator of the economy, you avoid like the plague. Why? Here's why...

    Reagan's recession: -1.5% GDP
    Bush's Great Recession: -4.7%
    So, I wonder why it is that in the 5th year of the Obama presidency you only choose to highlight republicans to chastise for GDP....

    Bureau of Economic Analysis’ (BEA) advanced Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figures painted a picture of a dull economy, with the annualized Q/Q growth rate coming in at about 2%. When looking at the above chart, the dull economy is represented by the fact that year over year GDP growth rate has been hovering around 2% for around three years. This hovering of the GDP growth rate around 2% is something more akin to slow growth European economies than it is of the American experience.

    snip

    Under Ronald Reagan’s watch, businesses expanded operations by enough to boost GDP per capita by about $5,400 per capita, about a 25% improvement over the Jimmy Carter experience.

    snip

    So far, business expansion under Barack Obama’s watch has been poor, expanding by about $1,600 over the past four years. The average of about $400 per person through the first four years of a presidency is second worst in recent history, ahead of only Bush I’s first four years.

    http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/10/gdp...obama-compare/

    Second worst in recent history under Obama....Is that why you only want to focus on republicans?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #816
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I dragged you to water -- that's all I can do.

    That you can't understand how a misery index of 4 doesn't necessarily indicate a strong economy reveals how little you know about economics.

    At any rate, no matter how much you bitch and moan, the misery index will never be an indicator of the economy.

    And the leading economic indicator, GDP, which is a true indicator of the economy, you avoid like the plague. Why? Here's why...

    Reagan's recession: -1.5% GDP
    Bush's Great Recession: -4.7%
    Is this an act or are you really this poorly educated and informed? There are four components to GDP, figure them out and how inflation and unemployment affect the biggest component. Obama and liberalism love this kind of ignorance and loyalty. The high misery index on the recession inherited from Carter is what shows that that recession was much worse than this one inherited by Obama. The fact also remains that we were coming out of recession when Obama took office and going into recession when Reagan took office.

    The measurement as to the severity of a recession is the effect on the American people. Since there was no inflation, low interest rates working Americans weren't affected nearly as much as the high interest rates and inflation of the 81-82 recession topped off by high unemployment.

    You are either a leftwing ideologue or playing a game here. Which is it?

    By the way judging Bush on one year of his Presidency is what liberals love to do but the reality is the entirety kicks Obama's ass

  7. #817
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Seriously, do you think posting a lot of unrelated information is going to make up for your inability to prove that bill was filibustered?

    The fact is, it wasn't -- and I gave a link to the bill which proves that it wasn't. Anything else you post is mere deflection on your part because you don't want to blame Republicans for dropping the ball over GSE oversight.
    Seriously are you on drugs?

    There can't be any other explanation. No bill in the Senate can be voted on unless it passes cloture . Democrats (down a party line vote) had the 41 votes they needed to block cloture. No bills in the Senate got an up or down vote unless Democrats voted to stop debate on the bill (Yes Democrats had plenty of power, even though they were the minority party in the senate at the time). Democrats had no intention of stopping debate of the bill. This happens ALL the time in the Senate. With no chance at getting 60 votes on the bill because of Democrat opposition, the bill was pulled (twice).

    Either you don't understand how the Senate works, or you're a liar. I don't care which.

  8. #818
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Seriously are you on drugs?

    There can't be any other explanation. No bill in the Senate can be voted on unless it passes cloture . Democrats (down a party line vote) had the 41 votes they needed to block cloture. No bills in the Senate got an up or down vote unless Democrats voted to stop debate on the bill (Yes Democrats had plenty of power, even though they were the minority party in the senate at the time). Democrats had no intention of stopping debate of the bill. This happens ALL the time in the Senate. With no chance at getting 60 votes on the bill because of Democrat opposition, the bill was pulled (twice).

    Either you don't understand how the Senate works, or you're a liar. I don't care which.
    You are wrong, a cloture vote is only required if cloture is invoked. The fact is that S.190 was not supported by the Republicans. You can clearly establish this by seeing the number of cosponsors(3) it had. Please notice John McCain sponsored the bill 16 months after it was introduced. And that was because he was running for president.

    Bill Summary & Status - 109th Congress (2005 - 2006) - S.190 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

  9. #819
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, I wonder why it is that in the 5th year of the Obama presidency you only choose to highlight republicans to chastise for GDP....




    Second worst in recent history under Obama....Is that why you only want to focus on republicans?
    Of course Reagan recovered faster than Obama. His recession was nowhere near as bad as Bush's Great Recession and the economy wasn't structurally broken like it was when Bush left office.

  10. #820
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course Reagan recovered faster than Obama. His recession was nowhere near as bad as Bush's Great Recession and the economy wasn't structurally broken like it was when Bush left office.
    Then you would think the economy would have been his top priority since coming into office, but it doesn't appears that it has been. If he had surrounded himself with competent advisers, maybe we wouldn't just be muddling along...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •