Page 77 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, he's playing politics. There is an objective reality that is not dependent on what anyone says. I might say I can fly without mechanical aid, but the reality is I cannot. Do you want factual truth, or to play rhetorical games?
    President Obama freely and publicly (on record) has admitted that the economy is his responsibility.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQBSTomBWls

    End of story.



    Is a CEO directly responsible for the actions of every single employee?

    Of course not.

    But is it his responsibility when those employees make gigantic mistakes?

    Absolutely...especially when they publicly approve the actions of that employee before the consequences of his actions are known - just as Obama has pulicly approved of the massive spending, bank/auto bailouts, Fed QE's and record low interest rates.

    That is why they get paid the big bucks


    You want to remain in denial because you apparently are some partisan Obama lover? Go ahead.

    I will let others who have a clearer mind on the subject (like me - I think both major parties are worse then useless) decide to what extent Obama is responsible for the economy.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-11-13 at 08:33 PM.

  2. #762
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Bush started with 4.2% -- Did not inherit a recession, but his average was still 1.1 point higher than when he started.

    Obama started with 7.8% -- Inherit the worst economy in 80 years, and his average was also up 1.1 points higher than when he started.
    Blah blah blah. Excuse excuse excuse. The bottom line is all that matters. 5.3% vs 8.9%.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #763
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you are telling me that misery index doesn't impact GDP? IMO misery index is a more reliable measurement of economic activiy than simply looking at GDP numbers as a whole. Misery index is all about consumer activity and that is the driving force behind GDP
    It is one of many economic indicators and is itself a combination of several individual indicators. I disagree with the level of importance you give it. I agree that it is an economic indicator.

    Agree to disagree, its my opinion.

  4. #764
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    President Obama freely and publicly (on record) has admitted that the economy is his responsibility.

    Obama says he's responsible for economy. "Give it to me." - YouTube

    End of story.



    Is a CEO directly responsible for the actions of every single employee?

    Of course not.

    But is it his responsibility when those employees make gigantic mistakes?

    Absolutely...especially when they publicly approve the actions of that employee before the consequences of his actions are known - just as Obama has pulicly approved of the massive spending, bank/auto bailouts, Fed QE's and record low interest rates.

    That is why they get paid the big bucks


    You want to remain in denial because you apparently are some partisan Obama lover? Go ahead.

    I will let others who have a clearer mind on the subject (like me - I think both major parties are worse then useless) decide to what extent Obama is responsible for the economy.


    Have a nice day.
    In terms of truth, that is not the end of the story. No matter what any politician says, they simply don't have the power. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In terms of truth, that is not the end of the story. No matter what any politician says, they simply don't have the power. Sorry.
    President Obama freely and publicly (on record) has admitted that the economy is his responsibility.

    Obama says he's responsible for economy. "Give it to me." - YouTube



    So You (Boo Radley) think you know more about the POTUS's level of responsibility of the the economy then President Barack Obama?

    LOL

    Okaaaaay....no arrogance their.

    I am done with you on this...let me know when you take off those rose colored glasses.


    Have a nice day.

  6. #766
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    President Obama freely and publicly (on record) has admitted that the economy is his responsibility.

    Obama says he's responsible for economy. "Give it to me." - YouTube



    So You (Boo Radley) think you know more about the POTUS's level of responsibility of the the economy then President Barack Obama?

    LOL

    Okaaaaay....no arrogance their.

    I am done with you on this...let me know when you take off those rose colored glasses.


    Have a nice day.
    I think I know he difference between political rhetoric and truth. I think you should. And there's nothing rise colored here. Knowing how complicated our economy is doesn't excuse anyone or paint any Rosie picture. It fact, it paints a gloomier view.

    Also, I said the same thing when Bush was president. So it isn't partisan either. It's merely factual.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think I know he difference between political rhetoric and truth. I think you should. And there's nothing rise colored here. Knowing how complicated our economy is doesn't excuse anyone or paint any Rosie picture. It fact, it paints a gloomier view.

    Also, I said the same thing when Bush was president. So it isn't partisan either. It's merely factual.
    Yea sure you did

    When numbers are bad = Bush's fault

    When numbers are even remotely promising = We're digging out of the recession and Obama is an economic guru or something

  8. #768
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yea sure you did

    When numbers are bad = Bush's fault

    When numbers are even remotely promising = We're digging out of the recession and Obama is an economic guru or something
    I have never said the economy was Bush's fault. I challenge you to find one place. That they were bad before Obama took over is merely a chronological fact. Noting that is not placing blame. I have repeatedly said no president controls the economy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #769
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Blah blah blah. Excuse excuse excuse. The bottom line is all that matters. 5.3% vs 8.9%.
    That's not all that matters in the 8 years Bush was president only 93,000 private sector jobs were created.

    December 2008 111869
    December 2000 111776
    difference 93

  10. #770
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,867
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    A lot of job growth wasn't called for under GWB because the economy was running near full employment.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •