Page 74 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #731
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Anyone with leadership skills and the ability to form a consensus
    Your none answer speaks for you.

  2. #732
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Nope, not lying or pushing propaganda.

    Really, is it my fault you don't know how the legislative process works?

    Republicans did not need 5 votes for cloture against a filibuster on that bill through because Democrats never filibustered it. It died in the Senate because Senate leadership wouldn't put it on the legislative calendar. And it wasn't the only bill Senate Republicans killed like that. They did it to another one which passed in the House two years earlier.

    The idiotic opinion piece you linked is wrong and all you had to do to know that was click on the link I gave you to that bill.

    Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for you.

    What is seen here is your biased partisan bs and total ignorance of leadership as well as economics. You post a stupid ass video as proof that the recession was Bush's fault all because you want to divert from the failures of liberalism. It should be the goal of every American President to create home ownership but Bush didn't create the sub prime loans, Bush didn't make the loans, and Bush didn't force people into buying homes they couldn't afford.

    As has been pointed out you give Bush way too power and absolutely none to Obama. Bush created the recession all by himself whereas the smartest guy to ever hold the office doesn't have the power to create stronger economic growth and job creation. That just goes to show how poorly informed and educated you really are

  3. #733
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Your none answer speaks for you.


    McCain wouldn't have implemented the pro govt. economic policies of Obama and McCain could have worked with both Democrats and Republicans as would have Romney. Leadership is about taking responsibility and both McCain and Romney understand that, Obama doesn't have a clue nor do you

  4. #734
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is a lie, the 81-82 recession was ever bit as bad if not worse. Obviously you buy what you are told and ignore historical data. The American people were hurt much more because of the high misery index during the 81-82 recession but that reality escapes you. It is hard dealing with ideologues like you out of touch with reality. You judge the severity of a recession by GDP drop whereas I judge recession severity in the way it affects the American people. Low interest rates and low inflation reduced the severity of this recession on the average American
    The numbers prove you wrong.

    Again (write this down), GDP is the leading indicator of the economy, not the misery index. Something you clearly don't know. Apparently, you don't even know that the misery index is NOT even an indicator of the economy.

    No, GDP is. And while Reagan's recession was deep, losing 1.5% in GDP, it was nowhere as bad as Bush's Great Recession, which lost 4.7% GDP.

    I know how desperate you are to act like Reagan's recession was soooo much worse because your goal is to minimize Bush's Great Recession, but your empty words mean nothing against the truth.

  5. #735
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    McCain wouldn't have implemented the pro govt. economic policies of Obama and McCain could have worked with both Democrats and Republicans as would have Romney. Leadership is about taking responsibility and both McCain and Romney understand that, Obama doesn't have a clue nor do you
    Riiiight, so McCain would have let the economy slip into a depression. Very nice.

  6. #736
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As has been pointed out you give Bush way too power and absolutely none to Obama. Bush created the recession all by himself whereas the smartest guy to ever hold the office doesn't have the power to create stronger economic growth and job creation. That just goes to show how poorly informed and educated you really are
    That's because you keep changing the goal posts for Bush. With Bush you don't hold him accountable for anything and blame others, but with Obama you claim "The buck stops with Obama" and blame him for Everything. You can't have it both ways.

  7. #737
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The numbers prove you wrong.

    Again (write this down), GDP is the leading indicator of the economy, not the misery index. Something you clearly don't know. Apparently, you don't even know that the misery index is NOT even an indicator of the economy.

    No, GDP is. And while Reagan's recession was deep, losing 1.5% in GDP, it was nowhere as bad as Bush's Great Recession, which lost 4.7% GDP.

    I know how desperate you are to act like Reagan's recession was soooo much worse because your goal is to minimize Bush's Great Recession, but your empty words mean nothing against the truth.
    The numbers prove this is the worst recovery on record but numbers apparently only matter when they seem to support your point of view. The American people suffered more in the 81-82 recession than they did in this one because of the misery index. Further leadership is what got us out of that recession and lack of leadership has kept us in a recession. How desparate you are to prop up a failed President and cannot even acknowledge his failures.

    You love to use percentage change to make your point, I love using real numbers and the affects on the American people. Every American was affected by the recession of 81-82, not so during the 07-09 recession but since you weren't old enough to understand that you buy what you are told by the leftwing sites and ignore history. That is why you have so little credibility.

    Your bullheadedness is something to behold.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That's because you keep changing the goal posts for Bush. With Bush you don't hold him accountable for anything and blame others, but with Obama you claim "The buck stops with Obama" and blame him for Everything. You can't have it both ways.
    You don't pay attention to anything that doesn't suit your point of view. I hold Bush responsible for all the results of his term including the 4.9 trillion dollar debt and TARP. I also give him credit that he deserves for the 3.5 trillion increase in GDP and for winning the war in Iraq, the peace that Obama has lost. You seem to have a selective memory but only on the negative side.

  9. #739
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Riiiight, so McCain would have let the economy slip into a depression. Very nice.
    You have a serious problem in that you continue to buy the lies of the MSM as well as Obama. You have no idea whether or not we would have slipped into a depression although millions of Americans are in a depression under this President.

  10. #740
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,241

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Nope, not lying or pushing propaganda.

    Really, is it my fault you don't know how the legislative process works?

    Republicans did not need 5 votes for cloture against a filibuster on that bill through because Democrats never filibustered it. It died in the Senate because Senate leadership wouldn't put it on the legislative calendar. And it wasn't the only bill Senate Republicans killed like that. They did it to another one which passed in the House two years earlier.

    The idiotic opinion piece you linked is wrong and all you had to do to know that was click on the link I gave you to that bill.

    Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for you.
    Please point to the Democrat bills that were pushed prior to the collapse that would have reigned in Fannie and Freddie.

    And if you cant because they didn't exist then tell us why they didn't exist.

    Also that Hagel McCain bill was re-introduced in 2007. Why didn't it get out of committee ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •