Page 71 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #701
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I guess you were happier under Bush when we lost 1.2 million jobs in a single month and the GDP was negative nine percent, huh?
    We didn't lose 1.2 million under Obama because those people simply dropped out of the labor force and were no longer counted. You really need to get over your BDS as he has been out of office for over 4 years. I don't think most faced with the data are happy with the Obama record, only the biased partisan hacks like you

  2. #702
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Bush started with 4.2% -- Did not inherit a recession, but his average was still 1.1 point higher than when he started.

    Obama started with 7.8% -- Inherit the worst economy in 80 years, and his average was also up 1.1 points higher than when he started.
    Please tell me what economic plan Bush had in place when the recession of March 2001 began? Keep lying about the worst economy in 80 years because that is what you do best. Nothing ever is going to change the opinion of a leftwing ideologue

  3. #703
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We didn't lose 1.2 million under Obama because those people simply dropped out of the labor force and were no longer counted. You really need to get over your BDS as he has been out of office for over 4 years. I don't think most faced with the data are happy with the Obama record, only the biased partisan hacks like you
    The people you're counting as dropping out of the work force include retired people, people on disability, and people who died. None of whom even want to work.

  4. #704
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please tell me what economic plan Bush had in place when the recession of March 2001 began? Keep lying about the worst economy in 80 years because that is what you do best. Nothing ever is going to change the opinion of a leftwing ideologue
    Clinton was no longer president in March of 2001. Makes it impossible for him to have handed Bush a recession.

    Unlike in January, 2009 ....

  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Oh, he likely does. But like all politicians he hopes the economic musical chairs will stop with him in he last chair. In other words, he hopes to get to take credit. He can only do that if he convinces you to think that way.
    You can spin in any way you wish...my only point is that the man himself says that he takes responsibility for the economy (in essence).

    Which is all several of us have been saying.

    The principle responsibility for the economy doing well or badly is his.

    We says it, he welcomes it and he agrees.

    You can deny it all you wish, but he knows far more about his responsibilities then you (or I) do.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please tell me what economic plan Bush had in place when the recession of March 2001 began? Keep lying about the worst economy in 80 years because that is what you do best. Nothing ever is going to change the opinion of a leftwing ideologue
    GDP is the leading indicator of the economy.

    No recession since the Great Depression lost more than the 4.7% in GDP that Bush's Great Recession lost. The next closest, which wasn't all that close, was Reagan's recession -- and that one lost only 1.5% of GDP.

  7. #707
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The people you're counting as dropping out of the work force include retired people, people on disability, and people who died. None of whom even want to work.
    These are discouraged workers and under employed workers having nothing to do with retiree so you are wrong again. Keep trying to make Obama look better than he is. Your problem is you cannot put lipstick on a pig and make it something other than a pig. "Your" President is a disaster and if he were in the private sector he would have been fired long ago

  8. #708
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Bush started with 4.2% -- Did not inherit a recession, but his average was still 1.1 point higher than when he started.

    Obama started with 7.8% -- Inherit the worst economy in 80 years, and his average was also up 1.1 points higher than when he started.
    If Obama wasn't up to the task in regards to fixing the Economy then maybe he shouldn't have run, since he has absolutely NO EXPERIENCE. He has never even run a cash register at 7/11. You're acting like he only needs more time, more failed policies like his stimulus, ect. Meanwhile the Economy is stagnating under his "leadership"

    Democrats are far more responsible for the recession than Bush anyways. Your entire premise is a strawman.

  9. #709
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    GDP is the leading indicator of the economy.

    No recession since the Great Depression lost more than the 4.7% in GDP that Bush's Great Recession lost. The next closest, which wasn't all that close, was Reagan's recession -- and that one lost only 1.5% of GDP.
    That wasn't the question, what economic plan did Bush have in place that caused the recession that began in March 2001? The question is what did Obama implement that made things better and what economic prediction did Obama make that has been true? This is the worst recovery on record and the economic results are a disaster but the rhetoric flowery. You buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance. Doubt that will carry you very far in the private sector.

  10. #710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    If Obama wasn't up to the task in regards to fixing the Economy then maybe he shouldn't have run, since he has absolutely NO EXPERIENCE. He has never even run a cash register at 7/11. You're acting like he only needs more time, more failed policies like his stimulus, ect. Meanwhile the Economy is stagnating under his "leadership"

    Democrats are far more responsible for the recession than Bush anyways. Your entire premise is a strawman.
    Who could have fixed Bush's mess any faster?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •