Page 68 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #671
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, you have zero credibility as you don't know the difference between labor force and numbers of people working. Obama loves having people like you supporting him. You really have no idea what you are talking about, the labor force is 155 million, the number working is 143 million, the difference divided by the labor force is the unemployment rate. Learn something and stop making a fool of yourself, this is embarrassing.
    Unlike you, I own up to my mistakes. I was wrong and I apologize for saying you lied about that figure.

  2. #672
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Unemployed? There are fewer of them now than when Obama became president. Not something Bush can brag about.

    Bush: +6,056,000
    Obama: -337,000

    Underemployed? There are fewer of them now than when Obama became president. Not something Bush can brag about.

    Bush: +4,512,544
    Obama: -366,080

    Discouraged? There are more of them now than when Obama became president. But far less than the number Bush added.

    Bush: +433,000
    Obama: +69,000
    This coming from someone who believes the Civilian labor force is the number of working Americans not just the number of eligible Americans that can work.

    Still don't understand the numbers you post but the U-6 number is monthly not cumulative meaning that discouraged workers and under employed is a monthly number. Better stop when you are behind.

    You come into this forum, act like you know what you are talking about, put down anyone that disagrees with you, are an expert on every topic but the reality is you have no idea what you are talking about and no understanding of the data you post. You are indeed a typical Obama supporter and a leftwing ideologue who has no problem embarrassing themselves by posting incorrect information

  3. #673
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, you sure didn, 130,000 fewer in the labor force in February and another 496,000 in March, that is really headed in the right direction, really surprised that the unemployment rate didn't drop further.

    Do liberals ever apologize for being wrong?
    Do you ever apologize for being wrong? You said earlier that every month in 2013 it went down, yet it went up in January. Look in 2012 for some positive figures.

  4. #674
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Unlike you, I own up to my mistakes. I was wrong and I apologize for saying you lied about that figure.
    That isn't the only think you are wrong about so carry on and keep apologizing. "Your" President is a disaster and an economic failure. Not one of his economic predictions has been accurate and there are fewer working today at a higher cost to the taxpayers than were working when the recession began. Apologizing really isn't that difficult, you need to do it more often.

  5. #675
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Do you ever apologize for being wrong? You said earlier that every month in 2013 it went down, yet it went up in January. Look in 2012 for some positive figures.
    So let me see if I have this right, the labor force was 153.9 in December 2007 when the recession began, Obama adds 6 trillion dollars to the debt and the labor force is 155 million four years later with over 600,000 dropping out of the labor force and that is a success to you? What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

  6. #676
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Still don't understand the numbers you post but the U-6 number is monthly not cumulative meaning that discouraged workers and under employed is a monthly number. Better stop when you are behind.
    That's funny since I'm the one who educated you about the discouraged workers figure not being cumulative after you foolishly claimed they were.

    Lesson for Conservative

    I see you still haven't gotten over that lesson! :

    At any rate, I didn't post the monthly figures for discouraged workers ... I posted the total number.

    Jan/2001: 301,000
    Jan/2009: 734,000
    Mar/2013: 803,000

    As I said ...

    Bush: +433,000
    Obama: +69,000


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You come into this forum, act like you know what you are talking about, put down anyone that disagrees with you, are an expert on every topic but the reality is you have no idea what you are talking about and no understanding of the data you post.
    You must have been looking in the mirror as you typed that.

  7. #677
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That isn't the only think you are wrong about so carry on and keep apologizing. "Your" President is a disaster and an economic failure. Not one of his economic predictions has been accurate and there are fewer working today at a higher cost to the taxpayers than were working when the recession began. Apologizing really isn't that difficult, you need to do it more often.
    If apologizing for making a mistake isn't so difficult, how come I never see you do it?

  8. #678
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So let me see if I have this right, the labor force was 153.9 in December 2007 when the recession began, Obama adds 6 trillion dollars to the debt and the labor force is 155 million four years later with over 600,000 dropping out of the labor force and that is a success to you? What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?
    So? The labor force was 144 million when Bush became president ... it's 155 million now. Shouldn't you be happy it's up since then?

  9. #679
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And all the unemployed, underemployed and discouraged workforce dropouts.
    We could create more government jobs. Government would have to rase taxes for that.

    Anyway:

    Austan Goolsbee: I think the world vests too much power -- certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general -- for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

    (Snip)


    Ryssdal: So Clinton, "It's the economy, stupid" -- that's why the guy won.

    Dubner: It's a fantastic campaign slogan -- you get to brag about how you'll raise employment and lower gas prices -- as if, Kai, there's some magical set of buttons in the Oval Office that you get to push once you're elected. A 'More Jobs' button.

    But as Austan Goolsbee points out, the president's ability to actually change the shape and direction and velocity of the macroeconomy is extremely limited.

    Does the president actually influence the economy? | Marketplace.org

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #680
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That's funny since I'm the one who educated you about the discouraged workers figure not being cumulative after you foolishly claimed they were.

    Lesson for Conservative

    I see you still haven't gotten over that lesson! :

    At any rate, I didn't post the monthly figures for discouraged workers ... I posted the total number.

    Jan/2001: 301,000
    Jan/2009: 734,000
    Mar/2013: 803,000

    As I said ...

    Bush: +433,000
    Obama: +69,000



    You must have been looking in the mirror as you typed that.
    Here is the chart for discouraged workers, how you can say Obama's record is better is simply not true. I could call you a liar like you do but I will just say this is another example of you being wrong

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNU05026645
    Not Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Unadj) Not in Labor Force, Searched For Work and Available, Discouraged Reasons For Not Currently Looking
    Labor force status: Not in labor force
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Job desires/not in labor force: Want a job now
    Reasons not in labor force: Discouragement over job prospects (Persons who believe no job is available.)
    Years: 2002 to 2012

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
    2002 328 375 330 320 414 342 405 378 392 359 385 403 369
    2003 449 450 474 437 482 478 470 503 388 462 457 433 457
    2004 432 484 514 492 476 478 504 534 412 429 392 442 466
    2005 515 485 480 393 392 476 499 384 362 392 404 451 436
    2006 396 386 451 381 323 481 428 448 325 331 349 274 381
    2007 442 375 381 399 368 401 367 392 276 320 349 363 369
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642 462
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929 778
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318 1173
    2011 993 1020 921 989 822 982 1119 977 1037 967 1096 945 989
    2012 1059 1006 865 968 830 821 852 844 802 813 979 1068 909
    2013 804 885 803
    Notice how great those numbers were in 2010, don't recall Bush having anything to do with the 2010 numbers or 2011 or 2012. You do realize that discouraged workers aren't counted as unemployed for the official numbers?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •