Page 55 of 163 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #541
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Revenue increases were GREATER before Reagan. Sooooo... think about that and get back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Prove it, that is a lie. BEA.gov will give you the answer as will the U.S. Treasury website
    Revenues grew from 619B to 958B under Reagan, a rate of increase that measures well below the previous 8 year period, which saw an increase from 220B to 532B.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Revenues grew from 619B to 958B under Reagan, a rate of increase that measures well below the previous 8 year period, which saw an increase from 220B to 532B.
    Do you realize that percentage change means very little when you are talking about those kind of numbers. My preference and of course the government's preference would be to have the 958 billion dollars and 18 plus million new employees than having the 532 billion

  3. #543
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize that percentage change means very little when you are talking about those kind of numbers.

    My preference and of course the government's preference would be to have the 958 billion dollars and 18 plus million new employees than having the 532 billion
    Nonsense, it means everything when comparing identical time frames. Nominal values tell only part of the story. Also, revenues as related to total output were higher during the period preceding Reagan.

    As we can see from the relevant data, there's positively nothing that would suggest the increase in nominal revenue would've fell short of the gains realized under Reagan. Also, the 8 year period preceding him saw job gains of roughly 18.5 million.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmm, what about the article was untrue?
    You ever listen to Oberman? Do you think it would really be profitable to try and counter him? The entire article is supposition base on questionable evidence, stuff a rabid dog would bite not, but not a reasoned person.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #545
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    I applaud your rigorous scientific methods.
    I use the same ones the people who put this out used. They are proven to work, cause you believe this stuff don't you?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #546
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Nonsense, it means everything when comparing identical time frames. Nominal values tell only part of the story. Also, revenues as related to total output were higher during the period preceding Reagan.

    As we can see from the relevant data, there's positively nothing that would suggest the increase in nominal revenue would've fell short of the gains realized under Reagan. Also, the 8 year period preceding him saw job gains of roughly 18.5 million.
    Sorry, but economic conditions affect job creation as well as tax revenue and the reality is the only way to compare is actual dollars during the times and not comparing 2013 to 1980 or any other period of time. Revenue and expenses were generated and paid in 1980 dollars just like revenue and expenses today are paid in 2013 dollars. This is a typical ploy on the part of liberals who want to try and justify the mess we are in today and to try and sell their failed ideology. Reagan cut taxes three years in a row and had a 60% increase in tax revenue created due to improving economic activity and job creation. Obama should take a lesson from that period of time

  7. #547
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    88,000 is an anemic, feeble job performance and reflects everything about the Obama presidency IMO. It's pathetic.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #548
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, but economic conditions affect job creation as well as tax revenue and the reality is the only way to compare is actual dollars during the times and not comparing 2013 to 1980 or any other period of time.

    Reagan cut taxes three years in a row and had a 60% increase in tax revenue created due to improving economic activity and job creation. Obama should take a lesson from that period of time
    Who said they didn't? When comparing job creation during the two time periods and revenue as a percentage of total output, once again, there's nothing that would suggest revenues would've measured in at a lower level under, say, a second Carter term.

    The two time periods aren't analogous in the least. Also, effective tax rates under Obama haven't so much as approached those under Reagan.

  9. #549
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Who said they didn't? When comparing job creation during the two time periods and revenue as a percentage of total output, once again, there's nothing that would suggest revenues would've measured in at a lower level under, say, a second Carter term.

    The two time periods aren't analogous in the least. Also, effective tax rates under Obama haven't so much as approached those under Reagan.
    Obama is the most incompetent person to ever hold the office, he lacked the experience and leadership skills for the job and his performance shows it. Far too many people lack an understanding of leadership skills and simply buy the rhetoric. There isn't a President in history that took office with the good will of Obama and he failed miserably. His "my way or the highway" approach because of his overwhelming numbers generated the results we have today where are a total disaster. We have a labor force of 155 million and 143 million employed vs. a labor force of 153 million and 146 million employed when the recession began. To get those numbers he has added over 6 trillion to the debt. There are record numbers on taxpayer assistance and his transformation of America into a European model is a disaster yet he continues to get people to buy his rhetoric.

  10. #550
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I use the same ones the people who put this out used. They are proven to work, cause you believe this stuff don't you?
    I've studied the methodology for many years and have met with the CES analyst many times to discuss the issues. So no, it's not the same.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •