Page 54 of 163 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #531
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    Wow, you are just making stuff up.
    Show me evidence that 50% of economist that thought the stimulus was a bad idea. (You can't)

    If anything, the biggest disagreement was that that the stimulus was not big enough, and that was the consensus if Obama's economic team that the $800b was at the very low end of an effective stimulus plan, but that was felt to be the best we could get through Congress.

    Accepting the conclusions of 92% of economists is not the point of view of a narrow minded partisan, ignoring the economists because they don't support the opinion you wish to be true is the position of a narrow minded ideologue, ie; a minion.

    Our economy crashed, the stimulus was the airbag, the GOP and Blue Dogs prevented us from getting a better airbag, so we were injured in the crash, but without the stimulus and TARP the crash would have been much worse. You can deny this until you are blue in the face, but you can't support your argument with anything but a fringe of economists.
    There is no substantial data to back that up. Even the CBO stated that unemploymeng would top out at 8.9%. minus the stimulus and show me ONE economist who was prediciting an economic crash if we hadn't enacted the stimulus.

    Monthly GDP prior stimulus had actually leveled off and so had job losses.

    But your claiming that money spent on welfare, unemployment, Public Sector Unions and Green Energy had any measurable difference in turning a economy around AFTER it had already bottomed out ?

  2. #532
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    That's because the so called stimulus was really nothing more than a trillion dollar kick back to political supporters, and unions....

    When President Obama signed his economic stimulus plan into law on February 17, 2009, he promised it “includes help for those hardest hit by our economic crisis,” and “As a whole, this plan will help poor and working Americans.”
    But the newest data on how the stimulus money was given out across the 50 states and the District of Columbia shows a perverse pattern: The states hardest hit by the recession received the least money. States with higher bankruptcy, foreclosure, and unemployment rates got less money. And lower-income states also received less.
    Rather than helping out those in the toughest shape, it looks like Democrats ended up helping their supporters, including unions and many very wealthy supporters.


    Read more: Where did stimulus money really go? | Fox News
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #533
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Wouldn't it be nice if opinion and fact were the same thing?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #534
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if opinion and fact were the same thing?
    Seems to be in your world....:
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #535
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if opinion and fact were the same thing?
    Lets see

    The first part of stimulus was tax cuts and massive amounts of cash for unemployment benefits and food stamps. A wash.

    The second part was massive amounts of money to hold up State Governments or as J-Mac accurately alluded to, a kick back to the public sector unions as public sector jobs pay public sector union dues and public sector union dues wind up in Democrat re-election general funds.

    The third part was a massive investment into a manufacturing base when there was NO demand. How very liberal of the who ever came up with wasting billions on inefficient solar panels and batteries that catch Finnish Cars on fire.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  6. #536
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Seems to be in your world....:
    I'm not, he one linking opinion hit pieces.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #537
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Lets see

    The first part of stimulus was tax cuts and massive amounts of cash for unemployment benefits and food stamps. A wash.

    The second part was massive amounts of money to hold up State Governments or as J-Mac accurately alluded to, a kick back to the public sector unions as public sector jobs pay public sector union dues and public sector union dues wind up in Democrat re-election general funds.

    The third part was a massive investment into a manufacturing base when there was NO demand. How very liberal of the who ever came up with wasting billions on inefficient solar panels and batteries that catch Finnish Cars on fire.
    Didn't say it was completely effective. However, while I suspect you'd have an issue if he choose not to have a stimulus as well, you're making a huge unsupported leap as to his motives, and logic you use just doesn't hold up.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #538
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    not terribly surprising. didn't look to be a good month with the sequester, uncertainty, and all of the global BS. i was frankly stunned when they predicted 200,000. we need some new economists, because it's always "unexpected."
    Agreed. There is absolutely no way on God's green Earth that these numbers aren't a lie. I don't need to see the phony data, because they don't even pass the common sense test. 88,000 jobs....whoever pushes this as progress ought to be horse whipped.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #539
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm not, he one linking opinion hit pieces.
    Hmmm, what about the article was untrue?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #540
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Agreed. There is absolutely no way on God's green Earth that these numbers aren't a lie. I don't need to see the phony data, because they don't even pass the common sense test. 88,000 jobs....whoever pushes this as progress ought to be horse whipped.
    I applaud your rigorous scientific methods.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •