Page 50 of 163 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Now reply to the rest Gimme, Id like a discussion not one line non sequitors.
    Don't hold your breath.

    Judging by this thread - spinning is his specialty.

  2. #492
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You said it was a problem, I say it is not a short term problem, if you don't understand the difference, then this is pointless.
    Is English your second language? Because in the English language the word "Problem" does not imply a time reference. You're just avoiding the question. Kind of ****ing pathetic to be honest.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm saying i don't accept either analogy nor do I accept your hyperbolic premise of what I did not say.
    So you're refusing to answer the question? Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Is English your second language? Because in the English language the word "Problem" does not imply a time reference. You're just avoiding the question. Kind of ****ing pathetic to be honest.





    So you're refusing to answer the question? Gotcha.
    See my post right above yours.

  4. #494
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    See my post right above yours.
    It just ****ing pisses me off beyond belief when assholes run around here saying some pretty extreme things, yet refuse to actually engage in a debate with you.

    I'll ask a SIMPLE question 4 or 5 times, sometimes even making the question 6 font, bold, and red, and they will still avoid it. I guess that's the difference, I'm here to debate. I even answer the questions I find uncomfortable, I don't run away like a ****ing coward like 'gimmesometruth'.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    It just ****ing pisses me off beyond belief when assholes run around here saying some pretty extreme things, yet refuse to actually engage in a debate with you.

    I'll ask a SIMPLE question 4 or 5 times, sometimes even making the question 6 font, bold, and red, and they will still avoid it. I guess that's the difference, I'm here to debate. I even answer the questions I find uncomfortable, I don't run away like a ****ing coward like 'gimmesometruth'.
    One thing I find that helps me when I am confronted with a situation like that is to remember that people HATE being proved wrong. And on chat forums (as you must have seen) - 98% of posters will NEVER admit they are wrong.

    They will do anything, spin, insult, pick on some silly nothing to try and deflect...it's really quite childish.

    People like that I just put on my ignore list...life is WAAY to short to waste it on people like that...imo.

  6. #496
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    One thing I find that helps me when I am confronted with a situation like that is to remember that people HATE being proved wrong. And on chat forums (as you must have seen) - 98% of posters will NEVER admit they are wrong.

    They will do anything, spin, insult, pick on some silly nothing to try and deflect...it's really quite childish.

    People like that I just put on my ignore list...life is WAAY to short to waste it on people like that...imo.
    Well this is one of my hobbies, and I generally care about debating, especially in a proper, respectful way. I generally accept when someone refuses to reply as a "win". When someone replies with something completely outlandish, and refuses to answer my question after asking it 5 times, I have to assume he's just embarassed to believe what he does.

    I for one hate being asked a question over and over again. I will always answer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #497
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Well this is one of my hobbies, and I generally care about debating, especially in a proper, respectful way. I generally accept when someone refuses to reply as a "win". When someone replies with something completely outlandish, and refuses to answer my question after asking it 5 times, I have to assume he's just embarassed to believe what he does.

    I for one hate being asked a question over and over again. I will always answer it.
    Ditto.

    If I read it - I will answer it (I say 'if' because I ignore so many people that they may ask me something that I am not aware of).

  8. #498
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Ditto.

    If I read it - I will answer it (I say 'if' because I ignore so many people that they may ask me something that I am not aware of).
    The only person I've ever had on my ignore list was Dr. Chuckles, and that was because he was running around false quoting me. He was actually using the quote function to make false statements that I never said. I still even unignored him.

    Anyway, I don't expect to get an actual answer from gimmesometruth. He's one of the people who just likes to run around shouting things while refusing to back those statements up. *shrugs* I'd rather spend my time debating people who are here to debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I said major increase in expenditures.

    Which of those was a major increase in expenditures that Obama was against?
    You asked which ones I opposed. I answered you. Neither Obama nor republicans opposed any if those enough.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #500
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    All of your points have to do with bad government decisions, which are the basis for my arguments on this thread....private industry doing a better job than the government can. If your point is that tax cuts aren't the sole solution for our problems, I agree. My initial statement on this thread regarding taxes included Gov. Snyder's cuts in income tax deductions and credits as well, like the cut in the EITC, which helps to ween people off of government aid to learn to be strong on their own. I think a lot of our high unemployment is due to people on welfare, almost endless unemployment, disability, and other government programs. If we didn't have these programs, I guarantee you our unemployment numbers would be much lower.


    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Detroit has suffered from a 25% population drop over the past decade (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/us/23detroit.html), a lack of diversified economic base, bad public policy, etc. The last element is part of the reason I believe that the State's emergency measures should also have included removing all of Detroit's elected officials. They have been part of the problem and they could well undermine the turnaround effort.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •