Page 49 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You read it here folks.....tax cuts serve no purpose and are failures.
    And where is your link to unbiased, factual evidence of this?

  2. #482
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I did not say that it was solved because or not because of the spending cuts - please do not put words in my mouth.
    I did not say you said any such thing......what are you reading?

    I am saying that the 1920/21 depression in America was resolved despite massive spending cuts.
    LOL....so....you are arguing that spending cuts are not needed to pull a country out of a depression? Because that IS my argument.

    It goes towards evidence that recessions are not resolved due to increased government spending.
    No, that is the OPPOSITE of what you JUST SAID.


    You typed 'Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.'

    And I am showing you (and others) how history proves that is not true.
    I'm afraid your argument is confused on multiple levels.


    BTW - I know where your quote came from - I posted the link for others to read who are not familiar with the 1920/21 Depression... .
    Good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #483
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And where is your link to unbiased, factual evidence of this?
    Uh? That is what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This is really sad, so you believe something has to be on budget to be part of the deficit?
    No, in fact I said they were not in the budget yet they DO show up in the deficit.

    Supplementals are never part of the budget but are always part of the yearly deficit.
    That is what I'm saying.

    It really is a shame that liberalism has created this kind of ignorance.
    I'm not ignoring it, you did until I brought it up.

    Payouts for TARP were not delayed as 350 billion was spent by Bush and 350 billion left for Obama to spend
    OMG...this is too funny, you just confirmed what I said.


    What part of loan and repayment do you not understand.
    Non sequitur.

    How much of a tax cut did you get out of the Obama tax cuts?
    Some, but that wasn't the point, you said they are a failure, Mr. Supply side.

    The basic problem we have today are people like you who cannot admit you are wrong and continue to stick to a failed ideology
    wow, a twofer! You can't see your own glaring errors as you write them.....too funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I did not say you said any such thing......what are you reading?
    You typed:

    'we are arguing about YOUR interpretation of what solved it,'

    I gave no interpretation of what solved it.

    I merely said (in essence) there were massive spending cuts during the 1920/21 depression and that it was resolved in 3 1/2 years.




    LOL....so....you are arguing that spending cuts are not needed to pull a country out of a depression? Because that IS my argument.

    No, that is the OPPOSITE of what you JUST SAID.


    You typed 'Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.'

    I'm afraid your argument is confused on multiple levels.


    Good for you!


    I said 'despite' OBVIOUSLY in regard to your inference that spending cuts were bad for a recovery.

    I see you are (imo) trying to spin things...whatever.


    The fact remains that you typed: ''Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.'

    And the fact that spending was drastically cut during the 1920/21 depression shows that history does not back up your claim.



    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-06-13 at 04:55 PM.

  6. #486
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh? That is what he said.
    Sorry, I did not read his remarks.

    Do you believe tax cuts are bad for a recovering economy?

    Yes or no, please?

  7. #487
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Gimmesometruth;1061660714]No, in fact I said they were not in the budget yet they DO show up in the deficit.
    So what matters the budget or the deficit? Do you realize that Obama hasn't submitted a budget but continues to spend at levels higher than Bush ever had even with the supplementals?

    That is what I'm saying.
    Good because Obama has supplementals too especially since he has had no budget and everything was done by supplementals

    I'm not ignoring it, you did until I brought it up.
    What do you call it when you ignore actual results and still buy rhetoric?

    OMG...this is too funny, you just confirmed what I said.
    No, what I confirmed is you don't know the difference between a loan that was mostly repaid to an actual expense. further you don't seem to understand the fiscal year of the U.S.which is October to September. TARP wasn't fully spent but has mostly been repaid, where did that repayment show up as a reduction in deficit?

    Non sequitur.
    Wrong, a question you don't seem to understand

    Some, but that wasn't the point, you said they are a failure, Mr. Supply side.
    When you claim that most of the STimulus was tax cuts you are wrong. Tax cuts in the form or rebates serve no purpose for once they are gone they are gone, rate cuts go on until repealed. Quite telling how passionate you are for higher taxes and more govt. spending

    wow, a twofer! You can't see your own glaring errors as you write them.....too funny!
    You don't seem to understand that you keeping more of what you earn isn't an expense to the govt. as most liberals claim when they say tax cuts have to be paid for.

  8. #488
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That my friend is an absolute lie, all war expenses are part of the 10.6 trillion dollar debt that Obama inherited. TARP was a loan classified as an expense with most being repaid. ARRA was proposed by Obama and included targeted tax cuts requiring some kind of action before allowed, it served no purpose and was a failure except to the unions who were bailed out. You keep buying the leftwing lies. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty
    Not only that, but there was also the Omnibus Spending Bill (Obama and the Democrats)

    The "tax cuts" in Obama's failed Stimulus were also not "tax cuts". That's propaganda. They were actually "tax credits" which is Government Spending. An example of a "tax credit" is the failed cash for clunker program which also had the unintended consequence of also causing damage to the environment.

  9. #489
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Not only that, but there was also the Omnibus Spending Bill (Obama and the Democrats)

    The "tax cuts" in Obama's failed Stimulus were also not "tax cuts". That's propaganda. They were actually "tax credits" which is Government Spending. An example of a "tax credit" is the failed cash for clunker program which also had the unintended consequence of also causing damage to the environment.
    Great point, thanks so much, but this like everything else factual will be ignored by those who want to believe the leftwing rhetoric.

  10. #490
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,738

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post

    Government does not engage in effective resource allocation of the funds they have.

    Engaging in the shell game of borrowing without end makes our economy dependent upon increased spending that is not generated through resources but artificially by printing money. Somehow, someway that must be paid for. Generally it results in inflation. Now, we have inflation numbers that argue that the CPI is not going up much. Ive got ask, if housing costs are dropping, and they are, would that not mask increases in other costs? Im not sure but I have to wonder, if the mortgage market has dropped somewhere around late 70s levels in some cases, how is it the CPI has not gone down to match this unless its being offset by increases in other costs? I realize also that healthcare may be a significant factor in CPI as well.

    I know, I know: borrowing hasn't had a significant impact. If thats so, why not just engage in greater and greater borrowing until we get the growth we want? If your answer is inflation, that should be the same answer for why we shouldnt be borrowing so much right now. The other option is taxation. Which is where we are at now. Simply, I dont trust the government to use my money to make smart choices, they haven't shown much of a propensity for it so far.

    The problem with using Keynesian theory to direct government spending is that government officials won't adhere to it the way they must and should to make the model work properly. Keep trying to do it just results in a spending model that puts us in the hole deeper and deeper.
    Now reply to the rest Gimme, Id like a discussion not one line non sequitors.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •