Page 48 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #471
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    They can argue and interpret and rationalize and spin all they want (Krugman is REALLY good at spinning, imo).

    Fact - during the 1920/21 Depression - tax rates were cut AND spending was cut almost in half and the depression was over within 3 1/2 years.

    Credit who or whatever you wish - the fact remains that a depression was ended (relatively) quickly 'despite' a huge cut in government expenditures.

    PLUS the recessions every (roughly) 6 years in U.S. history almost all resolving themselves without large government stimulus.

    PLUS, add in that despite trillions of dollars in deficits since '08 - unemployment is still worse then the day Obama took over (much worse if you used the participation rate he had when he took over).

    So this notion that one must spend one's way out of a recession/depression just does not hold water.
    Comparing the '20 depression to the '29-'39 Great Depression is bizarro world, and complaining about economists understanding either depression is weird coming from an anon poster on the intertubes is amusing, but whatever gets you through the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #472
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    And ALL OF THEM went to legal immigrants.

    Since there is no way they would pay for hiring a US CITIZEN.

    And the reason the UI rate fell is they stopped counting more US CITIIZENS.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That my friend is an absolute lie, all war expenses are part of the 10.6 trillion dollar debt that Obama inherited.
    This again is just one of your most basic errors that you constantly repeat even after being shown time and again that you are wrong. The spending for the wars was not fully shown in the budgets, nor did war spending suddenly end.

    We are just NOW coming to terms with the costs of vet care from the Vietnam war, we won't see the full costs from AFPAK until 20 years from now. The scope of your vision is so small.


    TARP was a loan classified as an expense with most being repaid.
    Not all, and again, most of the payouts were delayed until 2009BY.


    ARRA was proposed by Obama and included targeted tax cuts requiring some kind of action before allowed, it served no purpose and was a failure except to the unions who were bailed out. You keep buying the leftwing lies. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty
    You read it here folks.....tax cuts serve no purpose and are failures.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #474
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,271

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Who cares what the deficit would be if all discretionary spending was zero, the point is that revenue has not rebounded......becuse the economy has not rebounded......be cause we are nowhere near "full" employment. Until employment has rebounded, focusing on deficits is a losing game. Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.

    We see this basic macro effect here, we see it even more so in the EU.
    So you think we should engage in more spending and more taxing in an effort to bring about full employment?

    Government does not engage in effective resource allocation of the funds they have.

    Engaging in the shell game of borrowing without end makes our economy dependent upon increased spending that is not generated through resources but artificially by printing money. Somehow, someway that must be paid for. Generally it results in inflation. Now, we have inflation numbers that argue that the CPI is not going up much. Ive got ask, if housing costs are dropping, and they are, would that not mask increases in other costs? Im not sure but I have to wonder, if the mortgage market has dropped somewhere around late 70s levels in some cases, how is it the CPI has not gone down to match this unless its being offset by increases in other costs? I realize also that healthcare may be a significant factor in CPI as well.

    I know, I know: borrowing hasn't had a significant impact. If thats so, why not just engage in greater and greater borrowing until we get the growth we want? If your answer is inflation, that should be the same answer for why we shouldnt be borrowing so much right now. The other option is taxation. Which is where we are at now. Simply, I dont trust the government to use my money to make smart choices, they haven't shown much of a propensity for it so far.

    The problem with using Keynesian theory to direct government spending is that government officials won't adhere to it the way they must and should to make the model work properly. Keep trying to do it just results in a spending model that puts us in the hole deeper and deeper.

  5. #475
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Comparing the '20 depression to the '29-'39 Great Depression is bizarro world, and complaining about economists understanding either depression is weird coming from an anon poster on the intertubes is amusing, but whatever gets you through the day...
    Those economists were interpreting numbers - I was posting facts.

    And my facts prove that the 1920/21 Depression was resolved in 3 1/2 years despite huge reductions in government spending.

    Spin it all you wish - the fact remains the same.

    Depression of 1920

  6. #476
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I never called it one. Would you like to address what I did say now?
    You said it was a problem, I say it is not a short term problem, if you don't understand the difference, then this is pointless.



    So you're disagreeing with the analogy, claiming that we should either cut funding drastically, ie: austerity, or blindly pump extra funding in, ie: stimulus? You don't see anything in the middle?

    Or, you could answer the ****ing question, instead of trying to ignore it.
    I'm saying i don't accept either analogy nor do I accept your hyperbolic premise of what I did not say.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Those economists were interpreting numbers - I was posting facts.

    And my facts prove that the 1920/21 Depression was resolved in 3 1/2 years despite huge reductions in government spending.

    Spin it all you wish - the fact remains the same.

    Depression of 1920
    You can talk about facts all you want, we are arguing about YOUR interpretation of what solved it, I doubt you have many accolades associated with your economic analysis.

    PS....where do think I got the previous quote from? Well it is from the link you just posted.
    LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    So you think we should engage in more spending and more taxing in an effort to bring about full employment?
    Start with a false premise.....and you get nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You can talk about facts all you want, we are arguing about YOUR interpretation of what solved it, I doubt you have many accolades associated with your economic analysis.

    PS....where do think I got the previous quote from? Well it is from the link you just posted.
    LOL.
    Where exactly did I say that spending cuts solved the 1920/21 Depression?

    The answer is - I did not.

    I am saying that the 1920/21 depression in America was resolved despite massive spending cuts.

    It goes towards evidence that recessions are not resolved due to increased government spending.


    You typed 'Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.'

    And I am showing you (and others) how history proves that is not true.


    BTW - I know where your quote came from - I posted the link for others to read who are not familiar with the 1920/21 Depression... .
    Last edited by DA60; 04-06-13 at 04:19 PM.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,490

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This again is just one of your most basic errors that you constantly repeat even after being shown time and again that you are wrong. The spending for the wars was not fully shown in the budgets, nor did war spending suddenly end.

    We are just NOW coming to terms with the costs of vet care from the Vietnam war, we won't see the full costs from AFPAK until 20 years from now. The scope of your vision is so small.


    Not all, and again, most of the payouts were delayed until 2009BY.


    You read it here folks.....tax cuts serve no purpose and are failures.
    This is really sad, so you believe something has to be on budget to be part of the deficit? Supplementals are never part of the budget but are always part of the yearly deficit. It really is a shame that liberalism has created this kind of ignorance.

    Payouts for TARP were not delayed as 350 billion was spent by Bush and 350 billion left for Obama to spend. What part of loan and repayment do you not understand.

    How much of a tax cut did you get out of the Obama tax cuts?

    The basic problem we have today are people like you who cannot admit you are wrong and continue to stick to a failed ideology

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •