Page 45 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #441
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're leaping a bit. But can you dispute what I said?
    What you said was very contradictory, as even you dispute what you said. First you said that sequestration is ALREADY "having consequences" and then you said "Again, and I've repeated this many times, presidents and our government doesn't control the economy." So my point, that the gov't is, in fact, killing private jobs, by denying a permit to proceed on the XL pipeline stands.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #442
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The stimulus didn't create the jobs promised, generated greater debt and lower economic growth. To a liberal that is a success?
    You are still stuck on a failed argument from 3 years ago.

    I am talking NOW.

    Stimulus is done.

    Do your happy dance.

    Dance even harder because we are implementing even greater cuts.


    How is the economy and employment responding?


    Be happy, this is what you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    To approve, it has to come to him from elsewhere. There are republicans in power who could actually produce something.
    Fine - then please show me a major increase in expenditures or ANY major policy the Fed has done since Obama took over that he has strongly disapproved of?

  4. #444
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You want to claim the stimulus was a success? Doesn't appear that results matter therefore you have no problem looking and sounding foolish.
    You avoided the point, you can't counter someone who was correct.

    I said all along that the ARRA was never big enough for this economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #445
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, yes it is. Austerity is cutting back previously planned spending, that is exactly what the sequester is doing in a ham handed mandatory manner.

    Um, straw..... and you are conflating deficit with budget cuts, you are leaving out revenue.
    BS alert: The budget control act included allowing ALL Bush tax rates to expire and the sequestration cuts. First congress decided to keep 98.6% of the "Bush" tax rates and increased FY2013 federal revenue by only about $60 billion. Second the congress added $90 billion in new FY 2013 "emergency" spending ($30 billion for UI extension and $60 billion for Sandy storm relief) resulting in a net deficit INCREASE of $30 billion (in January 2013 alone). Sequestration was initially set for $85 billion but was delayed (twice) and then "pro-rated" to about $40 billion since it started 4/1/2013 instead of 10/1/2012 as initially planned. The net result (so far) is a deficit reduction of about $15 billion; UNLESS more is done, before the end of the FY2013, on either the spending or revenue side.

    To assert that I am ignoring revenue is silly; the very definition of a defict is spending in excess of revenue. My point is that the defict is 40% of total spending while discretionary spending is only 33% of total spending. 40 is greater than 33, thus cutting all discretionary spending would still leave a deficit.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #446
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    What divided?

    He approves the massive deficits...wants them bigger.

    He re-appointed Bernanke and has put spending Doves on the Fed board...guaranteeing that the massive QE spending and record low interest rates (that Obama approves of) continue to flourish.

    Despite all this, the unemployment rate is worse today then the day he took over.
    And if you used the same participation rate as the day he took over...it is far, far worse (it would be over 10%).

    He is in charge - that means it is his responsibility (like it or not - that is what good leaders do, they take responsibility).

    Since he took over, the unemployment rate is worse, housing prices are worse, the deficit is MUCH worse and food stamp usage is up over 40%.

    By any reasonable, unbiased standard - as POTUS (like GWB before him), he is a huge failure.
    "Here are the keys to the house. Now I know the house is on fire, but it is just in the garage, but I'm sure by the time you move in it will be fine.

    See you, good luck."
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #447
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are still stuck on a failed argument from 3 years ago.

    I am talking NOW.

    Stimulus is done.

    Do your happy dance.

    Dance even harder because we are implementing even greater cuts.


    How is the economy and employment responding?


    Be happy, this is what you wanted.
    Obama's results are now, Labor force up three million and number of employment is down three million vs. the December 2007 when the recession began. Growing labor force, fewer people working, .4% GDP growth, 17 trillion dollar debt, record numbers on some type of taxpayer assistance is a true Obama success story, isn't it?

  8. #448
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    BS alert: The budget control act included allowing ALL Bush tax rates to expire and the sequestration cuts. First congress decided to keep 98.6% of the "Bush" tax rates and increased FY2013 federal revenue by only about $60 billion. Second the congress added $90 billion in new FY 2013 "emergency" spending ($30 billion for UI extension and $60 billion for Sandy storm relief) resulting in a net deficit INCREASE of $30 billion (in January 2013 alone). Sequestration was initially set for $85 billion but was delayed (twice) and then "pro-rated" to about $40 billion since it started 4/1/2013 instead of 10/1/2012 as initially planned. The net result (so far) is a deficit reduction of about $15 billion; UNLESS more is done, before the end of the FY2013, on either the spending or revenue side.

    To assert that I am ignoring revenue is silly; the very definition of a defict is spending in excess of revenue. My point is that the defict is 40% of total spending while discretionary spending is only 33% of total spending. 40 is greater than 33, thus cutting all discretionary spending would still leave a deficit.
    Who cares what the deficit would be if all discretionary spending was zero, the point is that revenue has not rebounded......becuse the economy has not rebounded......be cause we are nowhere near "full" employment. Until employment has rebounded, focusing on deficits is a losing game. Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.

    We see this basic macro effect here, we see it even more so in the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #449
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,565

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Who cares what the deficit would be if all discretionary spending was zero, the point is that revenue has not rebounded......becuse the economy has not rebounded......be cause we are nowhere near "full" employment. Until employment has rebounded, focusing on deficits is a losing game. Cutting govt spending in a time of lowered spending overall leads to MUCH SLOWER REBOUND.

    We see this basic macro effect here, we see it even more so in the EU.
    So until we reach the unattainable goal of "full employment", we should pay absolutely zero attention to the deficit and spend like madmen?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #450
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama's results are now, Labor force up three million and number of employment is down three million vs. the December 2007 when the recession began. Growing labor force, fewer people working, .4% GDP growth, 17 trillion dollar debt, record numbers on some type of taxpayer assistance is a true Obama success story, isn't it?
    You have always had this quirk in thinking that associating Bush's last year with Obama somehow makes your argument better, when in fact it shows just how dishonest your arguments always are. Hint, Obama wasn't the POTUS until Jan of 2009, so why you would even include "Dec 2007" data when talking about him is just so WEIRD.

    Again, you just won't face up to the fact that you are getting EXACTLY what you want.......and you still are not happy. I don't understand why you are not jumping for joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •