Page 18 of 163 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #171
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    You think loss of real net wealth in the tune of 100% of GDP was a bad couple of months? Since BHO was elected president, Americans have witness a real wealth increase of more than $10 trillion.
    Choose whatever advantageous statistics you like. The fact remains that BHO will be known as either the jobless POTUS or the debt POTUS.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #172
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    When the private sector refuses to lead the charge of real economic growth, government spending becomes the only game in town.
    Posted like a true Keynesian or MMTer. The private sector is being restrained; let our people go...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,069

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There's no evidence whatsoever that the sequester has (yet) had any effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    our economy is largely dependent on informed gambling. if one knows for a fact that demand side is going to take a hit in the coming year due to public sector workers working less, hiring is going to slow down. when there's a crimp in the hose, it's a good bet that the water is eventually going to lose pressure.

    as for whether this mediocre jobs report can be blamed in large part on sequestration, the answer is probably no. however, it's one factor among many, which is why i was expecting a lousy report. i have no idea how economists figured 200k jobs for March. they need to address flaws in their prediction models.
    . .

  4. #174
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Choose whatever advantageous statistics you like. The fact remains that BHO will be known as either the jobless POTUS or the debt POTUS.
    Americans are now $10 trillion wealthier under Obama. This is simply a matter of fact!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #175
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Posted like a true Keynesian or MMTer. The private sector is being restrained; let our people go...
    The private sector restrains itself to protect short term profitability as a means of protecting shareholder value. This point is not up for debate.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #176
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Americans are now $10 trillion wealthier under Obama. This is simply a matter of fact!
    Really?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #177
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Really?
    Yes!!!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #178
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    The private sector restrains itself to protect short term profitability as a means of protecting shareholder value. This point is not up for debate.
    You're so full of **** that I'm surprised you can post. Do you ever leave the plantation of TP's?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #179
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You're so full of **** that I'm surprised you can post. Do you ever leave the plantation of TP's?
    I simply have a strong understanding of political economy and international finance. That reality does not support your point of view is irrelevant.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #180
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    At least 80,000 is better than zero. At least, I think it is, I've never been particularly gifted at math.
    How much better would it be if their were 600,000 more people working, vice 600,000 more people not participating in the labor force?

    So, yeah...88,000 sucks ass. In this case, zero would be better, because 88,000 is a negative return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •