Page 162 of 163 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1611
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You brought up how GWB would be remembered.
    Yes, on his economic collapse. I understand you are confused, believing this gives an opening to shift the topic to GWOT, but I did not change the subject.

    Your argument is getting really deluded.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1612
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    As I said...You don't see or understand your hypocrisy?...I'm cool with that....you don't have a move.
    You seem to be laboring under some serious misapprehension.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #1613
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, on his economic collapse. I understand you are confused, believing this gives an opening to shift the topic to GWOT, but I did not change the subject.

    Your argument is getting really deluded.
    I'm more than happy to concentrate on economics, where GWB's performance was markedly superior to what BHO has achieved thus far.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #1614
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Out. Be well.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #1615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'm more than happy to concentrate on economics, where GWB's performance was markedly superior to what BHO has achieved thus far.
    umm, according to you, his performance in terms of unemployment was even superior to that of Reagan's.

    Reagan: DOWN 1,389,000
    Jan/1981: 8,071,000
    Jan/1989: 6,682,000

    Bush: UP 6,056,000
    Jan/2001: 6,023,000
    Jan/2009: 12,079,000

    Obama: DOWN 337,000
    Jan/2009: 12,079,000
    Mar/2013: 11,742,000

    BLS: Unemployment Level

  6. #1616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    WTF?? I thought you're ignoring me? When do you keep your word?
    Your obviously fake 'WTF' aside...by ignoring, I mean you are on my ignore list so I do not have to read your macroeconomic opinions - which I have virtually no respect for. But, when I am bored, scan a response you give and you type something blatantly false - I like to point out your mistakes so a) you learn, b) others learn from your mistakes and c) you are an easy target. I figured all that was obvious and did not require explaining - I see I was wrong in your case.

    Your troubles with commitment aside, even backdating when the president starts by a month, as you do for some reason, according to your numbers, the unemployment rate when Bush left office (actually, 3 weeks before he left office), the unemployment rate was 9.3%

    3.9% to to 9.3% = a 138% increase.
    So where are your unbiased links that factually prove that the unemployment rate doubled during GW Bush's Presidency?

    Not almost doubled - you did not say 'almost'.

    You said 'doubled'.

    And, assuming you cannot produce said proof, then once again your lack of exactitude will be on display so that unbiased people can be shown how inaccurate your opinions can be so that they can be taken accordingly.

    Worse than any president since Herbert Hoover.
    Okaaaay...and you are telling me this why...?


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-19-13 at 12:53 AM.

  7. #1617
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    Your obviously fake 'WTF' aside...by ignoring, I mean you are on my ignore list so I do not have to read your macroeconomic opinions - which I have virtually no respect for. But, when I am bored, scan a response you give and you type something blatantly false - I like to point out your mistakes so a) you learn, b) others learn from your mistakes and c) you are an easy target. I figured all that was obvious and did not require explaining - I see I was wrong in your case.


    You say that as though I give a **** what you think of me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    So where are your unbiased links that factually prove that the unemployment rate doubled during GW Bush's Presidency?

    Not almost doubled - you did not say 'almost'.

    You said 'doubled'.
    And I was wrong when applying your math -- it was more than double (138%) ... 3.9% to 9.3%.

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    And, assuming you cannot produce said proof, then once again your lack of exactitude will be on display so that unbiased people can be shown how inaccurate your opinions can be so that they can be taken accordingly.
    Ummm, I used the same information you used when you claim the current unemployment rate is 9.3% and not 7.6% as is being reported.

    Why you think YOU can inflate the unemployment by factoring in the drop in LFPR but I can't is beyond me? That must be what you mean why you don't respect my "macroeconomic opinions."



    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    Okaaaay...and you are telling me this why...?


    Have a nice day.
    Because it's fact.

  8. #1618
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post


    You say that as though I give a **** what you think of me.
    Of course you do, you would not keep responding to me if you didn't.

    I care what you think of me. I care to some extent what everyone thinks of me.

    I said I have no respect for your macroeconomic opinions...not your opinions about everything.

    Anyway...this is off topic.

    BTW - your over use of emoticons just shows a lack of argumentative skills.


    And I was wrong when applying your math -- it was more than double (138%) ... 3.9% to 9.3%.


    Ummm, I used the same information you used when you claim the current unemployment rate is 9.3% and not 7.6% as is being reported.

    Why you think YOU can inflate the unemployment by factoring in the drop in LFPR but I can't is beyond me? That must be what you mean why you don't respect my "macroeconomic opinions."
    So the answer is apparently 'no' - you cannot produce links to unbiased, factual statistics (either official gov't stats OR extrapolated stats and the exact equations you used to arrive at your final figures) that prove that the unemployment rate doubled during GW Bush's term in office.

    Noted.



    Because it's fact.
    And I breathe oxygen - that is a fact.

    But that still does not explain why you included it in a post quoting me.

    Why would I care about that?

    How is it relevant to our 'discussion'?

    The only thing I can come up with is that you think that mentioning that will bother me somehow because you seem to assume that I am big on Reps and Hoover was a Rep.

    A rather juvenile - and erroneous - conclusion..but, that is my guess.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-19-13 at 01:43 AM.

  9. #1619
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Of course you do, you would not keep responding to me if you didn't.

    I care what you think of me. I care to some extent what everyone thinks of me.

    I said I have no respect for your macroeconomic opinions...not your opinions about everything.

    Anyway...this is off topic.

    BTW - your over use of emoticons just shows a lack of argumentative skills.
    You confuse caring with entertainment. That's really all you are to me. Your opinion of me in any regard doesn't even come into play. I certainly hope you suffer no illusions to the contrary?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So the answer is apparently 'no' - you cannot produce links to unbiased, factual statistics (either official gov't stats OR extrapolated stats and the exact equations you used to arrive at your final figures) that prove that the unemployment rate doubled during GW Bush's term in office.

    Noted.
    I find it amusing that you find it acceptable for you to inflate the unemployment rate with the LFPR; but you bitch & moan when I do it.

    At any rate, I'm doing exactly what you're doing. I'm taking the unemployment rate from before Bush left office ... 7.3% in December of 2008 ... and factoring in the 1.8% drop in the LFPR. That equals an unemployment rate of 9.3% in December of 2008.

    That mean unemployment under Bush went from 3.9% to 9.3% ... more than double at a 138% increase.


    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    And I breathe oxygen - that is a fact.

    But that still does not explain why you included it in a post quoting me.

    Why would I care about that?

    How is it relevant to our 'discussion'?

    The only thing I can come up with is that you think that mentioning that will bother me somehow because you seem to assume that I am big on Reps and Hoover was a Rep.

    A rather juvenile - and erroneous - conclusion..but, that is my guess.


    Have a nice day.
    We're talking about how much unemployment rose under Bush's watch. Does it matter that you don't understand why putting that into perspective by comparing him to the only president to do worse is relevant?

  10. #1620
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I find it amusing that you find it acceptable for you to inflate the unemployment rate with the LFPR; but you bitch & moan when I do it.

    At any rate, I'm doing exactly what you're doing. I'm taking the unemployment rate from before Bush left office ... 7.3% in December of 2008 ... and factoring in the 1.8% drop in the LFPR. That equals an unemployment rate of 9.3% in December of 2008.

    That mean unemployment under Bush went from 3.9% to 9.3% ... more than double at a 138% increase.



    We're talking about how much unemployment rose under Bush's watch. Does it matter that you don't understand why putting that into perspective by comparing him to the only president to do worse is relevant?
    So, the answer is no - once again another statement made by you that you cannot back up with links to unbiased, official stats/facts.

    Instead of just admitting that you meant 'almost' double (because that is all the official government records will show) OR you thought it was double, but it turns out it is not quite - you just have to go on and on with your trolling, emoticons and spinning...anything to admit that you made a small mistake.

    I could care less whether the unemployment rate under Bush was doubled or not - he was a horrible POTUS (just as - in a somewhat different way - Obama is).

    But I just knew you would not admit your mistake....which explains volumes about you and the lack of clarity of your perspective and opinions on this subject.

    That was my point.


    I am done for now.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-19-13 at 03:07 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •