Page 160 of 163 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1591
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Failure to reply noted.
    It's not my fault you can't understand how ludicrous it is to claim that the president with the worst record on unemployment since Hoover had a record as good as Clinton's and even better than Reagan's.


  2. #1592
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    this is the guy that says the official unemployment rate the day Obama took office was 7.8%...even though it was 7.3%.

    In no way can you say it was 7.3%. The reference week for January 2009 was January 11-17…the week before Inauguration…so it was 7.8% the week before Inauguration. Now, the January number obviously wasn't published yet, but the available number for December 2008 was 7.2%. A year later it was revised to 7.4% and later revised down to 7.3%

    So if you're going to insist on a number that wasn't published until January 2011 or later, why use the number for 5 weeks before the inauguration instead of the week before?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  3. #1593
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's not my fault you can't understand how ludicrous it is to claim that the president with the worst record on unemployment since Hoover had a record as good as Clinton's and even better than Reagan's.




    It only appears that way to the victims of Bush Derangement Syndrome.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #1594
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    In no way can you say it was 7.3%.
    One - I can say it was 7.3% anytime I wish. Or 2.1% or 18.9%.

    It's called free speech.

    The reference week for January 2009 was January 11-17…the week before Inauguration…so it was 7.8% the week before Inauguration. Now, the January number obviously wasn't published yet, but the available number for December 2008 was 7.2%. A year later it was revised to 7.4% and later revised down to 7.3%

    So if you're going to insist on a number that wasn't published until January 2011 or later, why use the number for 5 weeks before the inauguration instead of the week before?
    Two - I said 'official' on that day.

    I did not say 'actual' - I freely acknowledge it may have actually been 7.8% on that day.

    But, on the day he was inaugurated, if someone reported on the unemployment, they would have said that it was 7.2% - not 7.8%.

    I am trying to determine if this guy can recognize obvious facts without spinning them out of control - not win the Nobel Prize for Economics.


    And three - not that I doubt you, but where is a link to your source of the 'reference week'?

    The only one I know states: 'Each month, 2,200 highly trained and experienced Census Bureau employees interview persons in the 60,000 sample households for information on the labor force activities (jobholding and jobseeking) or non-labor force status of the members of these households during the survey reference week (usually the week that includes the 12th of the month).

    http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm

    'Usually' does not mean 'always' - so I am wondering how you know that it was absolutely without question during that week, during that month.

    Again, not that I am doubting you.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-18-13 at 11:31 PM.

  5. #1595
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And you base your nonsense on what supposition?
    You want a second chance to show your dancing moves? Happy to oblige!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in libertarian thought that precludes support for public sector employment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    My argument doesn't depend in the slightest on private sector vs public sector distinctions. Employment is employment. GWB's average unemployment rate was 5.3%. BHO's average is 8.9%. QED.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1596
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You want a second chance to show your dancing moves? Happy to oblige!
    Yes. And? I'm unfamiliar with argument by non sequitur.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #1597
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'm not the one who shifted topic to what GWB will be remembered for. BHO's economic performance is a failure.
    LOL....we WERE talking about his econ policy, you reached a dead end end, shifted to GWOT.

    I understand why you did it, but it is a concession none the less.
    I'm just waiting for the hypocrite dance steps....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1598
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Yes. And? I'm unfamiliar with argument by non sequitur.
    You don't see or understand your hypocrisy?...I'm cool with that....you don't have a move.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1599
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....we WERE talking about his econ policy, you reached a dead end end, shifted to GWOT.

    I understand why you did it, but it is a concession none the less.
    I'm just waiting for the hypocrite dance steps....
    I only shifted to follow your shift. I'm happy to abandon the tangent.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #1600
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Yes. And Reagan achieved Cold War victory, the most important accomplishment since 1945. Unlike Clinton.
    Uhmm no that was the culmination of several administrations. And Reagan was willing to trade arms with a terrorist nation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •