Page 152 of 163 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1511
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please show me any time in modern history that the debt is 2 trillion more than the yearly GDP and when we had over 100 million dependent on the taxpayers?
    You compared debt to GDP, We have had greater levels than 100% of debt to GDP before, we survived. We have had personal levels of debt greater than our incomes and survive. It is a false narrative, but that is all you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1512
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who approves budgets and implements economic legislation?
    You just said you would not make the correlation between Congressional elections and business cycles, are you going to attempt to do it now?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061698499
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-16-13 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #1513
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As does understanding human nature which I have seen no evidence from you
    Generically stating "human nature" doesn't strengthen your argument. It is a desperate attempt to shift your quantitative deficiency into the the realm of social science. Which would be fine, if and only if you can employ valid sociological and psychological analysis. So far, we have been given empty partisan talking points.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #1514
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You compared debt to GDP, We have had greater levels than 100% of debt to GDP before, we survived. We have had personal levels of debt greater than our incomes and survive. It is a false narrative, but that is all you have.
    Just how deep can one get into debt, speaking of debt to income ratio, before no one will lend you any more money?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #1515
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just how deep can one get into debt, speaking of debt to income ratio, before no one will lend you any more money?
    Depends, but as far as the US, until your bonds don't sell.

    send a pm when that happens..mkay?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1516
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Depends, but as far as the US, until your bonds don't sell.

    send a pm when that happens..mkay?
    Who is the biggest buyer of US Bonds today minus China? Do you know?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1517
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You have done nothing to show how "Obama is responsible (the primary cause of) for the low participation rate".

    If you make a claim, back it up with something, not nothing.
    He's the POTUS. The buck stops there.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #1518
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post


    Yeah, because Murdoch really liked sticking it to Bush.

    It's funny, because the standard rightie response to posting WSJ articles is usually pointing out how it's just an opinion piece. That wasn't available to you, so you had to switch to plan 'B' and call it a 'hit piece'; when really, it's just the actual numbers as they happened to fall.

    Aside from your usual empty deflections, how do you like the numbers in that article?


    President ......... Jobs created per year in office
    Bill Clinton ............................ 2,900,000
    Jimmy Carter ............................ 2,600,000
    Lyndon Johnson .......................... 2,300,000
    Ronald Reagan ........................... 2,000,000
    Richard Nixon ........................... 1,700,000
    John F. Kennedy ......................... 1,200,000
    Harry Truman ............................ 1,100,000
    Gerald Ford ............................... 745,000
    George H.W. Bush .......................... 625,000
    Dwight Eisenhower ......................... 438,000
    George W. Bush ............................ 375,000

    As I have pointed out repeatedly, unemployment under GWB averaged only 5.3%, including the very much worse than average final months. Economists generally regard unemployment of 4% as representing "full employment" for policy purposes. Thus, GWB spent most of his Presidency running within a percentage point or so of full employment. Upshot? GWB created fewer jobs for the simple (and good) reason that fewer jobs needed to be created.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #1519
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Depends, but as far as the US, until
    your bonds don't sell.

    send a pm when that happens..mkay?
    SEE ??!!

    There understanding of something as simplistic as the bond market is one dimensional.

    Hey it must be great braagging about the demand of US bonds when the FEDS buying up the vast majority of short term Treasuries.

    Unbievable.

    Hey what happens when we've absolutely overextended ourselves and there is another reason to borrow other than buying votes ?

  10. #1520
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You compared debt to GDP, We have had greater levels than 100% of debt to GDP before, we survived. We have had personal levels of debt greater than our incomes and survive. It is a false narrative, but that is all you have.
    Do you have any concept of where the money comes from to run the govt and to pay the debt service on our now 17 trillion dollar debt? It really is frustrating dealing with Obama supporters most of whom are out of touch with reality. The fourth largest budget item now is debt service, where do the funds come from to pay that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •