Page 149 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Stop blaming Bush and accept responsibility on behalf of Democrats
    But I thought you said the "Buck stops at the president"? That's what you keep claiming with Obama. You said a REAL leader accepts responsibility and at that time, that would have been Bush. So YOU should hold Bush fully accountable. Unless of course you are being hypocritical, which is quite common.

  2. #1482
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Let's examine the data: FED's balance sheet on left, inflation on the right.





    Your decision to discuss it has lead to a red herring.



    What point? You can't have it both ways. In one hand you say the financial crisis was not that bad (all we needed was patience) and on the other you say "not all is right". Which is it?



    A blog post from 2009 is of no interest to me. Recapitalization was a necessary step in regaining confidence in the financial sector.



    You have been provided the data. Aggregate real net wealth is not at 2007 levels. This is simply a matter of fact.
    So tell me what economic policies has Obama implemented to restore the net worth of those who suffered during the 07-09 recession? Seems that placing blame isn't the problem, but finding solutions is. Think the unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers or the 500,000 that dropped out of the labor force have had their net worth restored?

    By the way, here are the numbers you want to ignore.

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNS13327709
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (seas) Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached workers plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of all civilian labor force plus all marginally attached workers
    Labor force status: Aggregated totals unemployed
    Type of data: Percent or rate
    Age: 16 years and over
    Percent/rates: Unemployed and mrg attached and pt for econ reas as percent of labor force plus marg attached
    Years: 2002 to 2012

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2002 9.5 9.5 9.4 9.7 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.6 9.6 9.6 9.7 9.8
    2003 10.0 10.2 10.0 10.2 10.1 10.3 10.3 10.1 10.4 10.2 10.0 9.8
    2004 9.9 9.7 10.0 9.6 9.6 9.5 9.5 9.4 9.4 9.7 9.4 9.2
    2005 9.3 9.3 9.1 8.9 8.9 9.0 8.8 8.9 9.0 8.7 8.7 8.6
    2006 8.4 8.4 8.2 8.1 8.2 8.4 8.5 8.4 8.0 8.2 8.1 7.9
    2007 8.4 8.2 8.0 8.2 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.4 8.8
    2008 9.2 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.7 10.1 10.5 10.8 11.1 11.8 12.7 13.5
    2009 14.2 15.1 15.7 15.8 16.4 16.5 16.5 16.7 16.8 17.2 17.1 17.1
    2010 16.7 17 17 17.1 16.6 16.5 16.5 16.5 16.8 16.7 16.9 16.6
    2011 16.2 16 15.8 16 15.8 16.1 16 16.1 16.3 16 15.5 15.2
    2012 15.1 15 14.5 14.5 14.8 14.8 14.9 14.7 14.7 14.5 14.4 14.4
    2013 14.4 14.3 13.8
    Wonder what those numbers would be if the labor force grew at even the rate of population growth and rather than dropping out they were actually counted as unemployed, which they are

  3. #1483
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I recall the recession began in December 2007 for fiscal year 2008 when Democrats controlled the purse strings and the legislative agenda. I am sure Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi were excited about reigning in Freddie and Fanny as well as cutting back on home loans
    So you ignore your previous argument about "dems not passing "anti-abuse" legislation when they were not in control, and fall back to your thoroughly debunked tin foil argument about dems holding a tiny Senate majority causing the worst economic collapse since 29..... after home prices had already peaked!

    Con, do you honestly believe that I have forgotten your silly ruses?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1484
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    But I thought you said the "Buck stops at the president"? That's what you keep claiming with Obama. You said a REAL leader accepts responsibility and at that time, that would have been Bush. So YOU should hold Bush fully accountable. Unless of course you are being hypocritical, which is quite common.
    I have said over and over again the President didn't create the crisis ALONE and of course he and Congress are responsible. We don't elect a king, we elect a Representative govt. I would have thought you understood that.

  5. #1485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have said over and over again the President didn't create the crisis ALONE and of course he and Congress are responsible. We don't elect a king, we elect a Representative govt. I would have thought you understood that.
    No, you have fully blamed Obama for the economy, so yeah, you are being hypocritical when you don't apply it to Bush.

    Shall I dig up the posts where you claimed "the buck stops at the president" and "A REAL leader accepts responsibility"?

  6. #1486
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So you ignore your previous argument about "dems not passing "anti-abuse" legislation when they were not in control, and fall back to your thoroughly debunked tin foil argument about dems holding a tiny Senate majority caused the worst economic collapse after home prices had already peaked!

    Con, do you honestly believe that I have forgotten your silly ruses?
    What the hell are you rambling about now? Bush took a shellacking in November 2006 all because of Iraq and Democrats had overwhelming numbers with Reid and Pelosi controlling the legislation. Seems you don't understand basic civics but you do a good job of ignoring posts and then hoping that the points made are forgotten like the 2009 budget and who spent the most including when that budget was signed.

  7. #1487
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, you have fully blamed Obama for the economy, so yeah, you are being hypocritical when you don't apply it to Bush.

    Shall I did up the posts where you claimed "the buck stops at the president" and "A REAL leader accepts responsibility"?
    Name for me a successful economic program that Obama proposed or implemented that generated positive economic results? Bush implemented the tax cuts that were fully implemented in July 2003 that generated strong economic results.

  8. #1488
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What the hell are you rambling about now? Bush took a shellacking in November 2006 all because of Iraq and Democrats had overwhelming numbers with Reid and Pelosi controlling the legislation. Seems you don't understand basic civics but you do a good job of ignoring posts and then hoping that the points made are forgotten like the 2009 budget and who spent the most including when that budget was signed.
    LOL....again, the rambling is your inane argument that the dems caused the 2007 Recession.....because they were sworn in on Jan of 07!

    I mean you are constantly repeating that we need to take civics an econ classes, but you never seem to able to make a correlation argument for it. I love the comedic aspect.....but stop clowning around.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1489
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Name for me a successful economic program that Obama proposed or implemented that generated positive economic results? Bush implemented the tax cuts that were fully implemented in July 2003 that generated strong economic results.
    The result in 2008, when he left office, was a sinking ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1490
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So tell me what economic policies has Obama implemented to restore the net worth of those who suffered during the 07-09 recession? Seems that placing blame isn't the problem, but finding solutions is. Think the unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers or the 500,000 that dropped out of the labor force have had their net worth restored?
    This is repetitive, as we have been through this multiple times. I will state my position, and you will disagree. No point in continuation a discussion to nowhere.

    Wonder what those numbers would be if the labor force grew at even the rate of population growth and rather than dropping out they were actually counted as unemployed, which they are
    Play with the jobs calculator yourself.

    Jobs Calculator - Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •