Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1461
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So your argument is that your use of English was at fault?

    When winston said " I supported TARP" and you responded "As did I" , you did not say " I too supported TARP and it apparently worked"?

    What did you say then?
    Out of context as usual

  2. #1462
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You made the point about shedding 600,000 jobs or don't you even know what you post.
    In reference to how we are doing better than in 2009.

    Those jobs are reflected in the U-3 numbers, Bush never had U-6 numbers like Obama and that is where the job losses showed up in 2010-2011 so how can you say we weren't shedding jobs at the same rate if not higher than Bush?
    Month over month constant job creation.

    Sorry but the economy isn't growing enough to create jobs so it is hard to lose any more jobs with a declining labor force because of frustration and low demand due to so many discouraged, unemployed, under employed, so many on disability, so many on welfare. Obama continues to destroy incentive by paying people not to work
    The economy is creating jobs.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #1463
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, you keep believing that, how did the reduction in GDP affect you? My experience is no different than the experience of millions of others. still waiting for you to tell me how this recession affected you and your family. My bet is you are part of those millions and millions not affected
    You just keep on confirming your ignorance of other peoples losses and stay with the "I had no loss, therefore no one else did either" argument.

    I would pm you with my story, but I know you would forget it or repeat it, either way, stop trying to get me to post on a public board my personal story.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #1464
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Seems very telling that you don't understand how the free market works, nor any basic understanding of economic data. don't know if you are female or not but you certainly have to have the last word. A lot of people made a lot of money during 2003-2007 which you and others want to ignore, just like a lot people made money from 1997-2000 but I don't hear you ranting about the Clinton years. You see bubbles are indeed opportunities to create wealth because rising tide raises all boats not just the real estate market. Further I have yet to hear how the recession hurt you and your family. I didn't lose a dime in the recession because I didn't sell, did you?
    Did the dishonesty that occurred on Wall Street during the meltdown provide an example of the mythical "free market?" Yes, a lot of people made a bundle of money, but much of it was based on a pack of lies. Bundling poor mortgages with good ones and result being rated AAA is dishonest. These securities looked like good investments so they spread everywhere. At what point was President Bush responsible for this?

  5. #1465
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Out of context as usual
    What context is missing, you claimed you did not support TARP, I find that you did, and now you say it is out of context?

    I don't think you know what context means.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1466
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Kushinator;1061698176]Can you back this up using analysis? Interest rates cannot increase without the necessary economic growth.
    So let me see if I have this right, you don't believe the massive printing of money has any effect on inflation and interest rates? Interesting since I didn't know printing money grew the economy



    It is against the moderators warning in post 831.
    Libertarian means anyone of that persuasion, which you claim to be





    Not all, but the majority. Look how many banks failed with TARP!
    Not all is right and that is the point. In the private sector there are going to be failures and successes, not all banks wanted TARP money and that is the point. I stand by my point

    Banks that didn't take TARP are in better shape than peers - Sep. 11, 2009


    They didn't want or need recapitalization as of late 2008. This does not necessarily mean they didn't benefit from the program.
    Of course they benefited, they received billions in cash that relieved them of any financial responsibility. The big banks paid back the TARP money none of which went to reduce the deficits



    Your opinion is of no consequence to this discussion if you fail to support it with a valid argument.
    Nor is yours, I am waiting for who those people are that lost wealth since apparently you and millions of others including me aren't among them. Maybe I am indeed smarter than many here but don't tout in and certainly am not given any credit for it

  7. #1467
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Did the dishonesty that occurred on Wall Street during the meltdown provide an example of the mythical "free market?" Yes, a lot of people made a bundle of money, but much of it was based on a pack of lies. Bundling poor mortgages with good ones and result being rated AAA is dishonest. These securities looked like good investments so they spread everywhere. At what point was President Bush responsible for this?
    None of which had anything to do with Bush which you continue to blame all because he promoted more people owning homes. Where is Obama responsible for the results today? You keep blaming everything on Bush as you divert to the past while ignoring the present. How did the recession of 2007-2009 affect you and your family?

  8. #1468
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What context is missing, you claimed you did not support TARP, I find that you did, and now you say it is out of context?

    I don't think you know what context means.
    I said I supported the results that were generated but as stated didn't support TARP and knew we were rewarding bad behavior which wouldn't change. We pushed the problem down the road and now we are 17 trillion in debt

  9. #1469
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You just keep on confirming your ignorance of other peoples losses and stay with the "I had no loss, therefore no one else did either" argument.

    I would pm you with my story, but I know you would forget it or repeat it, either way, stop trying to get me to post on a public board my personal story.
    Never said people didn't get hurt, asked you if you got hurt? People are always going to get hurt if they make bad choices, unfortunately that is the case in life. You cannot legislate stupidity and people who signed loans they couldn't afford were stupid.

  10. #1470
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I said I supported the results that were generated but as stated didn't support TARP and knew we were rewarding bad behavior which wouldn't change. We pushed the problem down the road and now we are 17 trillion in debt
    No, you said you supported TARP and it worked:

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I supported Bush's TARP program and I still support saving the capital markets even though it is a bitter pill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As did I at the time and apparently it worked. The stimulus plan on the other hand hasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •