Page 146 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1451
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That being the case you would have no problem proving it.
    I just proved that you have been back and forth on supporting TARP, I warned you if you kept up your nonsense about NEVER supporting it I would dig it up......and mind you, this was not the only time.

    So if your own words do not prove you have gone back and forth, what else am I supposed to prove?
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 04-16-13 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1452
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I just proved that you have been back and forth on supporting TARP, I warned you if you kept up your nonsense about NEVER supporting it would dig it up......and mind you, this was not the only time.

    So if your own words do not prove you have gone back and forth, what else am I supposed to prove?
    You proved nothing and don't seem to understand the difference between my opinion and my statement that I understand why others do support TARP

  3. #1453
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I only hope someday I can be half as smart as you THINK you are. I have a better understanding of the private sector economy than you will ever have.
    These are the type of comments that make it impossible to have a logical conversation with you! Here we are discussing political economy, and you cannot for the life of you refrain from discussing the participants, solely for the fact that they provide facts that contradict your position.

    Debt service levels are lower today only because of record low interest rates not because the debt is improving.
    Agreed! So why do you bring them up if they are at record low levels?

    My lack of understanding is your opinion
    No, this is an observation based on your statements. Letting banks fail necessarily envokes FDIC liabilities. There is no debate here, it is simply a matter of fact. Allowing the nations largest banks to fail would have caused tax payers to foot the bill for trillions in insured deposits.

    but my understanding comes from street smarts as well as book smarts unlike many here whose comes from the textbooks.
    Another instance of discussing the participants rather than the topic. Your opinion of me is of no relevance to this discussion.

    Detroit is being propped up by taxpayer money and incentives to buy autos again funded by the taxpayers. GM still owes the taxpayers billions so on the surface things look good but the reality is quite different.
    Only GM owes the taxpayers. Once the share price of their stock hits $71, the tax payer will be off the hook.

    You call yourself a libertarian? Libertarians do not support massive govt. spending and govt. spending being a large part of any country's GDP. Your false advertising is quite telling all because you cannot admit that you really are a liberal promoting socialist ideology.
    This is the third time in a single post where you discuss me and not the topic.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #1454
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I find quite telling is again how you look at the U-3 number and ignore the U-6 number.
    WTF are you talking about? I made no reference of unemployment figures. U-6 peaked at 17.1% in 2009, it is currently @ 13.8%. Why not address the fact that real net wealth has not recovered?

    The economy still shed more than 600,000 and in fact well over a million in 2010-2011 but those jobs are reflected in the U-6 number not the U-3 number. Liberals love pointing to that job loss but ignore the discouraged, unemployed, and under employed numbers. Bush wasn't in office in 2010-2011 but Obama's economic policies were in place and are in place today, policies that have led to another 500,000 dropping out of the labor force in March after 100,000 more dropped out in February. yes, those people certainly weren't unemployed. were they?
    The point is, the economy is no longer shedding jobs. With almost 3+ years of positive month-over-month job growth, we are certainly doing much better. No amount of spin can negate this point.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #1455
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Kushinator;1061698106]These are the type of comments that make it impossible to have a logical conversation with you! Here we are discussing political economy, and you cannot for the life of you refrain from discussing the participants, solely for the fact that they provide facts that contradict your position.



    Agreed! So why do you bring them up if they are at record low levels?
    Because interest rates are what's keeping debt service from exploding, interest rates that when they increase will destroy the economy. My personal discussion is in response to your comments and I stand by them


    No, this is an observation based on your statements. Letting banks fail necessarily envokes FDIC liabilities. There is no debate here, it is simply a matter of fact. Allowing the nations largest banks to fail would have caused tax payers to foot the bill for trillions in insured deposits.
    Not all banks would have failed and you ought to know that. Many banks, Chase, Wells Fargo for example, didn't want TARP but were forced to take it and the last I checked, Chase and Wells Fargo were two of the largest banks. You love sensationalism just like the auto industry was going to fail because GM went out of business. That is bull****.



    Another instance of discussing the participants rather than the topic. Your opinion of me is of no relevance to this discussion.
    Nor does yours thus point taken



    Only GM owes the taxpayers. Once the share price of their stock hits $71, the tax payer will be off the hook.
    Great, it is 29 today



    This is the third time in a single post where you discuss me and not the topic.
    You claim to be a libertarian so I was discussing libertarians not you in particular.

  6. #1456
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    WTF are you talking about? I made no reference of unemployment figures. U-6 peaked at 17.1% in 2009, it is currently @ 13.8%. Why not address the fact that real net wealth has not recovered?



    The point is, the economy is no longer shedding jobs. With almost 3+ years of positive month-over-month job growth, we are certainly doing much better. No amount of spin can negate this point.
    You made the point about shedding 600,000 jobs or don't you even know what you post. Those jobs are reflected in the U-3 numbers, Bush never had U-6 numbers like Obama and that is where the job losses showed up in 2010-2011 so how can you say we weren't shedding jobs at the same rate if not higher than Bush?

    Sorry but the economy isn't growing enough to create jobs so it is hard to lose any more jobs with a declining labor force because of frustration and low demand due to so many discouraged, unemployed, under employed, so many on disability, so many on welfare. Obama continues to destroy incentive by paying people not to work

  7. #1457
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    always means an inflation "bubble" hurts more people than a "financial" bubble.
    Our two worst economic downturns were in 1929 and 2007, effecting more people negatively than the inflation recession of 81 ever did. You just cannot face up to the devastation of the Bush recession because you were more effected in 81. Everything is measured by your own experience not the nations. Lack of empathy is a void that every conservative/authoritarian exhibits.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1458
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Our two worst economic downturns were in 1929 and 2007, effecting more people negatively than the inflation recession of 81 ever did. You just cannot face up to the devastation of the Bush recession because you were more effected in 81. Everything is measured by your own experience not the nations. Lack of empathy is a void that every conservative/authoritarian exhibits.
    LOL, you keep believing that, how did the reduction in GDP affect you? My experience is no different than the experience of millions of others. still waiting for you to tell me how this recession affected you and your family. My bet is you are part of those millions and millions not affected

  9. #1459
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You proved nothing and don't seem to understand the difference between my opinion and my statement that I understand why others do support TARP
    So your argument is that your use of English was at fault?

    When winston said " I supported TARP" and you responded "As did I" , you did not say " I too supported TARP and it apparently worked"?

    What did you say then?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #1460
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because interest rates are what's keeping debt service from exploding, interest rates that when they increase will destroy the economy.
    Can you back this up using analysis? Interest rates cannot increase without the necessary economic growth.

    My personal discussion is in response to your comments and I stand by them.
    It is against the moderators warning in post 831.



    Not all banks would have failed and you ought to know that.
    Not all, but the majority. Look how many banks failed with TARP!


    Many banks, Chase, Wells Fargo for example, didn't want TARP but were forced to take it and the last I checked, Chase and Wells Fargo were two of the largest banks.
    They didn't want or need recapitalization as of late 2008. This does not necessarily mean they didn't benefit from the program.

    You love sensationalism just like the auto industry was going to fail because GM went out of business. That is bull****.
    Your opinion is of no consequence to this discussion if you fail to support it with a valid argument.

    Nor does yours thus point taken
    I am not offering empty opinions based on partisan rhetoric.

    Great, it is 29 today
    Have patience!

    You claim to be a libertarian so I was discussing libertarians not you in particular.
    My political lean is not the topic of the discussion.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •