Page 140 of 163 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1391
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    Ummm...the Labor force participation rate under GWB dropped from 67% in Dec. '00 to 65.8% in Dec. 08...that is 1.2% - not 2.2%.
    Holy ****!

    Perhaps you should just stay clear of numbers?

    First of all, it was 67.2 in January, 2001, when Bush took over.

    Secondly, you're confusing points with percentages.

    67.2% to 65.8% is a 1.4 point drop. Not a 1.2 percent drop. 67.2% to 65.8% is a 2.2 percent drop.

    Sheesh.


    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    No idea where you are getting your numbers from.

    Mine are from the BLS.

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

    Just change the time frame at the top to '2000' from '2003'.


    Whatever numbers you wish to use...it changes nothing in regards to my numbers above.

    They are accurate based on the parameters I (and the Fed) use.


    Have a nice day.
    I too am using the numbers from the BLS. From January, 2001 through January, 2009. Factor in the 2.2% drop in LFPR during that period and Obama started with a 9.9% unemployment rate.

  2. #1392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So, once again...the official unemployment rate the day Obama was inaugurated was 7.3% - true or false, please?


    Have a nice day.
    False.

    The unemployment rate continues to change throughout the month, even though the BLS reports on it only once a month.

    Again, you're trying to put 3 weeks ot of 4.5 worth of 793 thousand job loses on Obama. I still haven't seen your explanation of how Obama even had anything to do with the job loses which occurred in that final 1 week? You avoided that one completely.

    And btw, even going from Dec/2001 - Dec/2009, even though it's adding 2/3rds of one of the worst months in recorded history in terms of job loses on Obama and not the person who was still president, adjusting the unemployment rate with the LFPR still leaves the unemployment rate at 9.3% for December, 2008.

  3. #1393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Holy ****!

    Perhaps you should just stay clear of numbers?

    First of all, it was 67.2 in January, 2001, when Bush took over.

    Secondly, you're confusing points with percentages.

    67.2% to 65.8% is a 1.4 point drop. Not a 1.2 percent drop. 67.2% to 65.8% is a 2.2 percent drop.

    Sheesh.



    I too am using the numbers from the BLS. From January, 2001 through January, 2009. Factor in the 2.2% drop in LFPR during that period and Obama started with a 9.9% unemployment rate.
    One - the LFPR comes out the first Firday of the following month - that means the rate was officially 67% when he took over...not 67.2%.


    Two - fair enough (though why you get so emotional over this is beyond me - sounds like you need more in your life).

    Since we are talking about numbers based on percentages - I assumed you were talking about change in the percentage of the rate...not the point drop.

    So the percentage drop is 1.79% - not 2.2%.

    You may now commence your spinning...anew.

    It still changes nothing that I posted - the numbers are accurate based on the parameters I (and in essence, the Fed) used.


    Have a nice day.

  4. #1394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    One - the LFPR comes out the first Firday of the following month - that means the rate was officially 67% when he took over...not 67.2%.
    Holy ****!

    Who cares when it comes out?? It's for the previous month. That still leaves 2/3rds of the month under Bush and the final third Under Obama, whose policies have not yet had much, if any, effect on the numbers during the final week and a half of January. You'd have to be seriously desperate to push 2/3rds of 793,000 job loses onto Obama while Bush was still president. Be that person if you think you need it that badly for your argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post

    Since we are talking about numbers based on percentages - I assumed you were talking about change in the percentage of the rate...not the point drop.

    So the percentage drop is 1.79% - not 2.2%.
    No, it's 2.2%. I don't subscribe to your position of attributing a month which Bush was mostly president to Obama.

  5. #1395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    False.
    So, even though the official unemployment rate the day Obama took office was posted by the BLS at 7.3% - you say that this was not the official unemployment rate the day he took office.

    Okaaaaaaaaay.

    I wonder what other facts you only see when they suit you....yikes.

    Wow - you are really out there.


    Have a nice day.

  6. #1396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Holy ****!

    Who cares when it comes out?? It's for the previous month. That still leaves 2/3rds of the month under Bush and the final third Under Obama, whose policies have not yet had much, if any, effect on the numbers during the final week and a half of January. You'd have to be seriously desperate to push 2/3rds of 793,000 job loses onto Obama while Bush was still president. Be that person if you think you need it that badly for your argument.



    No, it's 2.2%. I don't subscribe to your position of attributing a month which Bush was mostly president to Obama.
    So you don't subscribe to official statistics unless they suit you.

    Noted.


    Thus, I can see further debate with you on this is pointless.

    Let me know when you recognize official BLS statistics as official BLS statistics.


    Have a nice day.

  7. #1397
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did you even watch the video? Where did Bush promote sub prime loans? Did you hear Bush talk about QUALIFIED buyers? Did you hear about the partnership to promote home ownership for QUALIFIED buyers? You seem to have a problem with a goal to get QUALIFIED buyers into homes. Maybe you don't understand the term QUALIFIED. Maybe you don't understand the term goal? Maybe you don't understand that the housing bubble wasn't created by loaning money to QUALIFIED buyers. I suggest you watch the video and then tell me how this built the housing bubble and created loans to UNQUALIFIED individuals or sub prime interest VARIABLE Rates?
    Seems you're the one who doesn't understand that video. Bush even exaplains in it what he meant by 'qualified' ... easing the restrictiions to qualify. "help the people pay that downpayment". His plan was to relax qualifications so that more people who wouldn't otherwise qualify because they couldn't afford the home they were buying, could buy the home anyway. That was one of the causes of the crash and that video shows Bush promoting the idea.

    ... g'head, this is where you respond with invective in lieu of debate ...

  8. #1398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So you don't subscribe to official statistics unless they suit you.

    Noted.


    Thus, I can see further debate with you on this is pointless.

    Let me know when you recognize official BLS statistics as official BLS statistics.


    Have a nice day.

    You're certainly welcome to bow out ... however, I will continue to point out the fallacies of your postion whenever I see you trying to stick Obama with Bush's failures.

  9. #1399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    You're certainly welcome to bow out ... however, I will continue to point out the fallacies of your postion whenever I see you trying to stick Obama with Bush's failures.
    Whatever.

    I would say what I think of your emotional state - but the rules preclude me from doing so.


    Besides, you are on my ignore list - for obvious reasons - the only reason I saw your post is I was bored and took a gander.

    Kind of glad I did for a couple of reasons.


    And, once again for the road...

    BTW - according to this:

    Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

    In the last 12 months, there are 1.266 million more employed people in America AND the official unemployment rate has fallen from 8.2% to 7.6%.


    However, if you take into account the fall in the Labor Force Participation Rate (LFPR) in that time, by 0.5%...AND if you only take half of that number as workers who have left the work force because they (in essence) cannot find work (as the Fed suggests) - then the unemployment rate actually is 7.9%.

    ALSO, if you take the LFPR since Obama took office and compare it to today (it was 2.5% higher then), you actually have (using the same calculation as above) an unemployment rate of 9.3%.


    Have a nice day.

  10. #1400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Whatever.

    Would you debate with people you think are emotionally unstable?

    Not me.

    Besides, you are on my ignore list - for obvious reasons - the only reason I saw your post is I was bored and took a gander.

    Kind of glad I did for a couple of reasons.


    And, one for the road...

    BTW - according to this:

    Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

    In the last 12 months, there are 1.266 million more employed people in America AND the official unemployment rate has fallen from 8.2% to 7.6%.


    However, if you take into account the fall in the Labor Force Participation Rate (LFPR) in that time, by 0.5%...AND if you only take half of that number as workers who have left the work force because they (in essence) cannot find work (as the Fed suggests) - then the unemployment rate actually is 7.9%.

    ALSO, if you take the LFPR since Obama took office and compare it to today (it was 2.5% higher then), you actually have (using the same calculation as above) an unemployment rate of 9.3%.


    Have a nice day.
    It's sad to see you denigrate to name calling, but whatever. It is somewhat bizarre how you say you are done, but then continue:

    Still, factoring in the LFPR for when Obama started (something you refuse to do for some reason?), the unemployment rate when he started was 9.9%. Even if you generously stick Obama with the 2/3rds who lost their job during the month where 793,000 jobs were lost while Bush was president until the 20th, the U3 unemployment rate was 9.3%. Still not worse today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •