Page 137 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1361
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Does it matter, the number dropping out of the labor force and the labor participation rate shows the Obama economic policies to be failures.
    Sure it matters. At least it should matter to those of us that have a couple of active braincells. Take for instance the start of the unnamed PREZZ, fifth year, BO’s predecessor, whom you hate to talk about the seasonally adjusted employment level was 143150.

    let’s take peek at what it is now, on the tail end of the GREAT BUSH RECESSION.GASP…its 143322.And you say “Does it matter “?Do the math. The economy was shedding 750,000 jobs a month when BO’s first term began. The number on inauguration day, of his second term was 143322.Yes, it matters to those that are now employed.

  2. #1362
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What does Bush mean when he says QUALIFIED buyers?
    I am sure you can come up with a good definition of qualified buyer but rather than consider it being someone who cannot afford a home and making this all about Bush, you refuse to do any research. Didn't hear Bush mention sub prime interest rates at all, nor predatory lending, nor selling to people more than they can afford, nor variable interest rates. Keep trying to tie Bush to this which does nothing more than divert from the Obama record. Don't blame you as I wouldn't talk about it either.

  3. #1363
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am sure you can come up with a good definition of qualified buyer but rather than consider it being someone who cannot afford a home and making this all about Bush, you refuse to do any research. Didn't hear Bush mention sub prime interest rates at all, nor predatory lending, nor selling to people more than they can afford, nor variable interest rates. Keep trying to tie Bush to this which does nothing more than divert from the Obama record. Don't blame you as I wouldn't talk about it either.
    Qualified buyers:
    The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Link

  4. #1364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    LOL your logic is something else. Because the Democrats opposed Bush's plan they are guilty of something? Here is what Bush's plan encompasses: LOL

    You're all over the map in this thread flailing around. It's embarrassing. First you link the wrong bill, now you're back to blaming Bush.

    Democrats opposed and blocked GSE Reform. The CRA is what lead to risky lending. It was the Clinton Administration who pressured banks to engage in riskier lending after they injected the CRA with steroids.

    Bush shoulders some blame, but he also did try to clamp down on the GSEs UNLIKE DEMOCRATS who did nothing but oppose any regulation of the GSEs. On the contrary when Obama and the Democrats weren't suing banks to engage in riskier lending and pocketing massive GSE campaign contributions, they were claiming there was no housing bubble and the GSEs "were sound"

    Democrats share most of the blame for the Financial Crisis of 2008. It is irrefutable. It's not my problem you are too blinded by partisanship to understand this.

  5. #1365
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Qualified buyers:
    The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Link
    So what? Where are the sub prime rates and orders to provide homes for people who cannot afford the payments? The WH doesn't make loans, the WH's position is that people who don't have a downpayment but are qualified to buy a home will get that downpayment. You want badly to believe Bush did something wrong, but he didn't create the sub prime loans, variable rate homes, or force people to sign on the line for variable rate loans. You apparently have no concept of personal responsibility and ignore that it should be the goal of every President to create a home buying atmosphere where qualified people can get a home even if they don't have the downpayment.

    I don't support that position however there is nothing Bush did or proposed that led to the housing bubble bursting. Further I didn't support TARP but your attempt to make this all about Bush and all Bush's fault is misguided and a typical leftwing ploy to demonize Bush and divert from Obama and his terrible record.

  6. #1366
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    You're all over the map in this thread flailing around. It's embarrassing. First you link the wrong bill, now you're back to blaming Bush.

    Democrats opposed and blocked GSE Reform. The CRA is what lead to risky lending. It was the Clinton Administration who pressured banks to engage in riskier lending after they injected the CRA with steroids.

    Bush shoulders some blame, but he also did try to clamp down on the GSEs UNLIKE DEMOCRATS who did nothing but oppose any regulation of the GSEs. On the contrary when Obama and the Democrats weren't suing banks to engage in riskier lending and pocketing massive GSE campaign contributions, they were claiming there was no housing bubble and the GSEs "were sound"

    Democrats share most of the blame for the Financial Crisis of 2008. It is irrefutable. It's not my problem you are too blinded by partisanship to understand this.
    LOL I don't think you have any idea what the financial crisis was all about, you're the flailing around

  7. #1367
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    What I'm saying is that you've done nothing but proclaim that "It's not Obama's fault!" over and over. You are apparently impervious to reason.
    You have done nothing to show how "Obama is responsible (the primary cause of) for the low participation rate".

    If you make a claim, back it up with something, not nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1368
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So what? Where are the sub prime rates and orders to provide homes for people who cannot afford the payments? The WH doesn't make loans, the WH's position is that people who don't have a downpayment but are qualified to buy a home will get that downpayment. You want badly to believe Bush did something wrong, but he didn't create the sub prime loans, variable rate homes, or force people to sign on the line for variable rate loans. You apparently have no concept of personal responsibility and ignore that it should be the goal of every President to create a home buying atmosphere where qualified people can get a home even if they don't have the downpayment.

    I don't support that position however there is nothing Bush did or proposed that led to the housing bubble bursting. Further I didn't support TARP but your attempt to make this all about Bush and all Bush's fault is misguided and a typical leftwing ploy to demonize Bush and divert from Obama and his terrible record.
    Predatory Lenders' Partner in Crime - Washington Post

    Several years ago, state attorneys general and others involved in consumer protection began to notice a marked increase in a range of predatory lending practices by mortgage lenders. Some were misrepresenting the terms of loans, making loans without regard to consumers' ability to repay, making loans with deceptive "teaser" rates that later ballooned astronomically, packing loans with undisclosed charges and fees, or even paying illegal kickbacks. These and other practices, we noticed, were having a devastating effect on home buyers. In addition, the widespread nature of these practices, if left unchecked, threatened our financial markets.


    Even though predatory lending was becoming a national problem, the Bush administration looked the other way and did nothing to protect American homeowners. In fact, the government chose instead to align itself with the banks that were victimizing consumers.


    Predatory lending was widely understood to present a looming national crisis. This threat was so clear that as New York attorney general, I joined with colleagues in the other 49 states in attempting to fill the void left by the federal government. Individually, and together, state attorneys general of both parties brought litigation or entered into settlements with many subprime lenders that were engaged in predatory lending practices. Several state legislatures, including New York's, enacted laws aimed at curbing such practices.


    What did the Bush administration do in response? Did it reverse course and decide to take action to halt this burgeoning scourge? As Americans are now painfully aware, with hundreds of thousands of homeowners facing foreclosure and our markets reeling, the answer is a resounding no.


    Not only did the Bush administration do nothing to protect consumers, it embarked on an aggressive and unprecedented campaign to prevent states from protecting their residents from the very problems to which the federal government was turning a blind eye.


  9. #1369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    09-18-13 @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah, maybe Obama should quit talking about guns and get back to thinking about jobs. Some economists are saying Unemployment will rise to 7.8% and others are saying it will stay the same.

    They never really agree on anything and yet counting numbers there really shouldn't be any excuses for mistakes.
    You mean like the time he proposed a bill that would stop tax breaks for outsourcing and give tax breaks for people who hired IN THE USA?

    The one turned down by Congress in 2010?

    Maybe it's time you admit no matter what Obama presents, it will be turned down...

  10. #1370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Q: "WTF does a job performance poll have to do with a handling of the economy poll??"

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    You brought up polling. So look in a mirror when you ask that.
    A: "Nothing"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •