Page 135 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1341
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Got it, the Dot.com bubble ok, but the real estate bubble, not so much. All economies are going to have bubbles at one time or anyother it is how leadership handles the bubbles that matter.
    BS, what bubble have we had since 2007 that the admin has refused to address that has popped?

    And con, the 2003-2006 bubble percolated throughout the economy, that was the basis for your "from 2003-2007 there was incredible wealth creation and growth" bubble.

    An admin should address a bubble when it is happening, not leaving for the next admin to pick up the pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Got it, the Dot.com bubble ok, but the real estate bubble, not so much. All economies are going to have bubbles at one time or anyother it is how leadership handles the bubbles that matter. Obama has been a failure at handling this one. TARP supposedly saved the banks and brought us out of recession, TARP was Bush's program that Obama voted for and supported.
    Gee, I wish Bush had given us the Dot.com bubble and 20M jobs, plus a balanced budget, and the longest GDP expansion in US history.

    I'll take a bubble like that.

    Instead he gave us anemic growth, a few million jobs (mostly low paying), two vanity wars and the biggest deficits in history -- all while giving Paris Hilton a tax cut.

    That's conservatism for ya

  3. #1343
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    BS, what bubble have we had since 2007 that the admin has refused to address that has popped?

    And con, the 2003-2006 bubble percolated throughout the economy, that was the basis for your "from 2003-2007 there was incredible wealth creation and growth" bubble.

    An admin should address a bubble when it is happening, not leaving for the next admin to pick up the pieces.
    What has Obama done to improve the economy. This thread is about job creation and not the housing bubble. He has been in office over 4 years, got re-elected by Obamabots, and has economic numbers that are a disaster including unemployment. Your fixation with Bush and the past doesn't solve the problems of today so that makes you in the same boat as Obama. Keep buying the leftwing rhetoric and media misinformation

  4. #1344
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Gee, I wish Bush had given us the Dot.com bubble and 20M jobs, plus a balanced budget, and the longest GDP expansion in US history.

    I'll take a bubble like that.

    Instead he gave us anemic growth, a few million jobs (mostly low paying), two vanity wars and the biggest deficits in history -- all while giving Paris Hilton a tax cut.

    That's conservatism for ya
    LOL, nice spin, but this thread is about Obama and the reality that there are 3 million fewer employed today than when the recession began, 1.1 million increase in the labor force in 4 years which during the Bush years was over a million a month, 500,000 people dropped out of the labor force last month, we had .4% GDP Growth last quarter, and over 6 trillion added to the debt. That is the Obama record that has nothing to do with Clinton, Bush or anyone else other than Obama. Your Bush Derangement Syndrome is filled with misinformation and false information

  5. #1345
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What has Obama done to improve the economy. This thread is about job creation and not the housing bubble. He has been in office over 4 years, got re-elected by Obamabots, and has economic numbers that are a disaster including unemployment. Your fixation with Bush and the past doesn't solve the problems of today so that makes you in the same boat as Obama. Keep buying the leftwing rhetoric and media misinformation
    For f sake, YOU brought up the "wealth creation in 2003-07" failing to understand it WAS A BUBBLE....and now you don't want to talk about the Bush economy?

    This has got to be the biggest FAIL by you evah.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1346
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    For f sake, YOU brought up the "wealth creation in 2003-07" failing to understand it WAS A BUBBLE....and now you don't want to talk about the Bush economy?

    This has got to be the biggest FAIL by you evah.
    A lot of people made money in that bubble and held on to it, just like a lot of people got rich during the dot.com bubble, both bubbles bursting led to recessions. Is that reason to dismantle the private sector and demonize individual wealth creation? Is that reason for the govt. to expand its impact on GDP and to increase the number dependent on the Federal Taxpayers?

  7. #1347
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A lot of people made money in that bubble and held on to it, just like a lot of people got rich during the dot.com bubble, both bubbles bursting led to recessions. Is that reason to dismantle the private sector and demonize individual wealth creation? Is that reason for the govt. to expand its impact on GDP and to increase the number dependent on the Federal Taxpayers?
    You are flopping around like a landed fish, con. The govt is not "dismantling private sector", FFS, TARP was a method to preserve it.

    Stop, before you hurt yourself even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #1348
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are flopping around like a landed fish, con. The govt is not "dismantling private sector", FFS, TARP was a method to preserve it.

    Stop, before you hurt yourself even more.
    You really have no idea how the private sector works, do you?

  9. #1349
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,837
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Too bad, Romney could not live up to President Obama's reputation.

    ...
    This past Friday, like the first Friday of every month, saw the release of the latest jobs numbers. Within minutes of the release, analysts left, right, and center began pointing nervously at August's decline in labor force participation-the fraction of adults who are working or looking for a job. Several hundred thousand Americans became demoralized and gave up looking for work, said the left. Labor force dropout concealed an unemployment rate exceeding 11% at the close of Obama's first term, said the right. Labor force participation was at its lowest since 1981, and "at an all-time low" among men.


    Hold the phone. The labor force participation rate can decline for reasons that should concern us, as when increasing numbers of the unemployed give up looking because of a terrible labor market. That is what most observers have in mind when they see labor force participation falling. But it can also decline for reasons that are either benign or that should cheer us. For instance, as we have grown richer over time, the duration of our working years has shrunk. The typical worker retired at 70 sixty years ago; today he retires at 63. That's a decline in labor force participation.


    In fact, the small August drop in labor force participation-which at any rate is not statistically reliable and may be overturned when the final numbers come in next month-almost surely did not reflect rising discouragement among job-seekers. This is readily seen by comparing the so-called "U4" jobless rate-which combines the unemployed and "discouraged workers"-to the official "U3" unemployment rate. Both fell by 0.2 percentage points between July and August. If the fall in labor force participation had been about hopelessly unemployed people, the change in the U4 rate would have looked worse than the U3 change.

    Read more RealClearMarkets - Misunderstanding Declines In Labor Force Participation
    And yet workforce participation among those aged 65+ has increased. So that excuse isn't available. It must be tiring to eternally search for excuses.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #1350
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,837
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you are now saying that your argument was "nothing", I agree.
    What I'm saying is that you've done nothing but proclaim that "It's not Obama's fault!" over and over. You are apparently impervious to reason.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •