Page 129 of 163 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Dayam, talk about a fail. Nothing you posted proves that Democrats blocked either bill in the Senate.

    All you've shown is that Democrats were against it. Umm, that not new information. Still, Democrats didn't block either bill. They didn't have to -- Senate Leadership didn't want them passed either.
    Democrats blocked GSE reform

    They had the votes needed to threaten a filibuster. There was no possible way that the bill was ever going to get an up or down vote on the floor because of Democrat opposition. Democrats had the votes necessary to keep the bill permanently in limbo. It was in their financial best interest to do so, given that the GSEs were greaasing their pockets with huge political donations.

    Democrats are primarily responsible for the Financial Crisis. Not my problem your partisanship has blinded you to the truth.

  2. #1282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's my opinion. Since there are no data which tracks why baby boomers retire, all any of us can offer up on the matter is opinion.

    And to me, it makes sense that when the stock market bottomed out and baby boomers reaching retirement age lost huge chunks of their 401Ks and other market related investments, and the country was hemorrhaging jobs, few boomers would have been seeking retirement. Many of those who did, probably were forced to; but fast forward a few years, the stock market has more than recovered, their 401Ks are at new highs. Other market investments are at or near new highs. The private sector is hiring again -- to me it seems like an optimal time for retirement for those who've been putting it off until things got better.
    Equities going up is primarily because the Fed is indirectly pumping trillions into it...and since most Americans own little/no stock, this is a rich person's rally.

    Unemployment is (even if you used the Fed stating 1/2 the participation rate increase is due to the crummy economy) over 9% if you used the participation rate from when Obama took over.

    And food stamp usage is up over 40% since Obama took over.

    Massive debt increase, higher unemployment, far more Americans on food stamps.

    That is your idea of success?

    Got it.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-15-13 at 01:38 PM.

  3. #1283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    One thing that intrigues me is this new found love righties have for the notion that the unemployment rate should be based upon the LFPR when Obama started.

    You know, and I'm not generalizing here -- I never once heard that from anyone, on the left or especially the right, mention that when Bush was president. And that certainly could have been raised since the LFPR dropped 2.3% and using the same logic, could have said the unemployment rate was actually 10% when Obama became president.

    It just seems to me that the right is hunting for negativity; especially as conditions improve.
    One - I am not a 'rightie' or a 'leftie'.

    Two - I thought GWB was even a worse POTUS then Obama.

    And three - I am not hunting for 'negativity' - I am hunting for reality.

    I am an investor - that's what I do.

    And the reality is that not counting people who gave up looking for work because they cannot find a job as unemployed is misleading. They are unemployed and should be counted as such.

    This government skewing of unemployment and inflation numbers is (IMO) designed to allow it to spend more money and to look better doing it then they are.

    I am simply pointing out facts.

  4. #1284
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The ludicrous part is where you
    believe the current economy is shrinking.

    Dayam, you righties will tell any lie just because you can't make a point without doing so.

    As far as blaming Bush for 9.11, I blame the terrorists for attacking us. I blame Bush for not lifting a finger to stop them.

    Gorelick had nothing to do with it. The fact is, Bush did nothing to prevent it. He had warnings. He ignored them. Had he just raised airport security in response to the Aug. 6th PDB he might have thwarted the attack. But regrettably, he chose to ingore all of the warnings. Clinton received a similar PDB while he was president. Had airport security raised at some airports in the NE, and thwarted the attack. Otherwise, 9.11 would have happened on his watch.
    I cant expect you to understand legitimate economic data. You are a liberal so the fact that you attribute borrrowed and printed currency spent on a growing dependent class to ' GROWTH' is no surprise to me.

    You and your ilk have no problem exposing your ignorance daily.

    I see you refuse to do any research on the "Gorelick Wall".

    The US Intelligence operation known as AbleDanger named 4 of the 9/11 hijackers.

    Clinton strengthened FISA and Jamie Gorelick went about the bussiness of installing walls between inteligence agencies that crippled the intelligence gathering and allowed the hi jackers to go unchecked.

  5. #1285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Well, no, it doesn't. Because the other half includes those who chose school over work and those who chose (or sometime had no choice) disability over work.

    It still leaves you with no evidence and nothing but guesstimates. Same as everyone else discussing this.
    I have the Fed itself stating that 1/2 of the drop in the participation rate is due to the crappy economy.

    All I see from you are your words and assumptions.

    Now whose word should I take on this? The Fed's or some guy on the Internet?

    Hmmm......


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-15-13 at 01:44 PM.

  6. #1286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Democrats blocked GSE reform

    They had the votes needed to threaten a filibuster. There was no possible way that the bill was ever going to get an up or down vote on the floor because of Democrat opposition. Democrats had the votes necessary to keep the bill permanently in limbo. It was in their financial best interest to do so, given that the GSEs were greaasing their pockets with huge political donations.

    Democrats are primarily responsible for the Financial Crisis. Not my problem your partisanship has blinded you to the truth.
    So what, they had the votes to filibuster?? Most Senates we've had, had a minority party with enough votes to sustain a filibuster. Still, they didn't filibuster and they didn't block the bills.

    That doesn't prevent the majority party from submitting a bill for a full Senate vote. In the House, Ryan knew his budget wouldn't pass in the Senate. Did that prevent him from passing it anyway to put the Senate on record as being against it? No, of course not. Republican leadership never put either of those bills on the legislative calendar. They're to blame for that. You can't reasonably blame Democrats because Republicans were afraid of them.

  7. #1287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Perhaps you can quote Van Zandweghe directly?

    The U-3 is 9% if you employ U-5 methodology.
    The U-3 is what most people/media use as the guidepost.

    So, if you include those workers which the Fed says (in essence) are technically unemployed - then the unemployment rate should be well over 9%.


    Spin and spin and spin...all you do is show your (apparent) closed minded bias.

    Me - I have no bias...I think both parties are worse then useless.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; 04-15-13 at 01:54 PM.

  8. #1288
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,246

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    So what, they had the votes to
    filibuster?? Most Senates we've had, had a minority party with enough votes to sustain a filibuster. Still, they didn't filibuster and they didn't block the bills.

    That doesn't prevent the majority party from submitting a bill for a full Senate vote. In the House, Ryan knew his budget wouldn't pass in the Senate. Did that prevent him from passing it anyway to put the Senate on record as being against it? No, of course not. Republican leadership never put either of those bills on the legislative calendar. They're to blame for that. You can't reasonably blame Democrats because Republicans were afraid of them.
    Hey that bill was resubmitted in 2007.

    What happened to it ?

  9. #1289
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL you keep hearing that because it is true. No true conservative would have voted for Romney. Sorry, but you are a Republican, not a conservative.
    In life you never get the perfect choice so you choose the better alternative and Romney wouldn't penalize wealth creation, expand the entitlement state, but would promote the private sector, that is better than the Obama economic policies.

  10. #1290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Equities going up is primarily because the Fed is indirectly pumping trillions into it...and since most Americans own little/no stock, this is a rich person's rally.

    Unemployment is (even if you used the Fed stating 1/2 the participation rate increase is due to the crummy economy) over 9% if you used the participation rate from when Obama took over.

    And food stamp usage is up over 40% since Obama took over.

    Massive debt increase, higher unemployment, far more Americans on food stamps.

    That is your idea of success?

    Got it.


    Have a nice day.
    Despite the wealthy being heavily invested in the market, almost half of those eligable for 401K, participate.

    Again, applying your criteria to make the unemployment rate to when Obama became president, the unemployment rate would have been around 10%. So it's still down from where he started. Same as every other metric used to calculate unemployment.

    Every President since Reagan as accumulated massive debt. Nice that you finally noticed.

    Unemployment is not higher than when Obama started, it's lower.

    And what do food stamps have to do with people retiring?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •