Page 113 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Better to stay in school and live off mom & dad if there are no jobs to be had. Maybe that's why so many boomers are still working?
    Oh? How many baby boomers 65 and over do you suppose there are with kids still in school?
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 04-14-13 at 08:00 PM.

  2. #1122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    So, it's your contention, that choosing schooling is the driver for the LPR? How do you explain the unemployment rate? I'm finding it difficult to keep track of the excuses given for our current, poor economic performance...
    I really can't help that you can't follow. But as already stated, there are multiple reasons for why the LFPR is dropping. I listed a bunch of those reasons more than a few posts ago. I did see a study which sought to show that almost half of the decline in the LFPR is due to retiring baby boomers.

  3. #1123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    No, wouldn't deny that at all, but that because of demographics, it looks like more collage aged people are going to school. What is your evidence he is driving people out the work force?
    You should deny it because it's flat-out false.

    lfpr.jpg

  4. #1124
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I really can't help that you can't follow. But as already stated, there are multiple reasons for why the LFPR is dropping. I listed a bunch of those reasons more than a few posts ago. I did see a study which sought to show that almost half of the decline in the LFPR is due to retiring baby boomers.
    Oh, I'm trying to follow your "logic", but you have failed to explain why if retiring baby boomers are the cause of the the low LPR, there is not a widespread labor shortage in the country? You see, you cannot explain each with the same reasoning...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #1125
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,891
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Oh? How many baby boomers 65 and over do you suppose there are with kids still in school?

    All of those who divorced and remarried.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #1126
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You should deny it because it's flat-out false.

    lfpr.jpg
    Thanks....


  7. #1127
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,891
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    No, wouldn't deny that at all, but that because of demographics, it looks like more collage aged people are going to school. What is your evidence he is driving people out the work force?
    The evidence is that labor force participation is at an all time low and BHO is POTUS.
    QED
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #1128
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruityfact View Post
    Your lack of comprehension does not serve as a rebuttal...
    LOL !!

    Some clown actually gave you a "like" for that empty nonsensical post.

    Let me guess, your'e actually blaming the baby boomers on our economies death spiral ??

    Explain then, .....this out to be good.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #1129
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You should deny it because it's flat-out false.

    lfpr.jpg
    Nice graph,it shows the labor force dropping like a rock while your President is at the helm of a great economic "recovery". Lol..
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  10. #1130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Oh, I'm trying to follow your "logic", but you have failed to explain why if retiring baby boomers are the cause of the the low LPR, there is not a widespread labor shortage in the country? You see, you cannot explain each with the same reasoning...
    I don't know why you keep ascribing a position to me that I did not claim? Again .... I never said that retiring baby boomers are "the" reason for the decline in the LFPR -- I said they're "a" reason. I don't know how many more times you intend to ask that question, which is based on the false premise that I believe that baby boomers are "the" reason, but I'm done answering your false premise question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •