Page 110 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1628

Thread: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

  1. #1091
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You keep blaming the current economic meltdown on "baby-boomers" and a loss of public sector jobs.
    And young people "getting an education"

    What you folks are willing to do to to make sure you never have to say "I was wrong" just blows my mind.


    Your every post so far from you, has been a mistake.
    The economic meltdown occurred near the end of 2008; it was the fault of the financial sector on Wall Street, it's no wonder you mind is "blown" as you say.


  2. #1092
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You are incapable of arriving at any semblence of "factual truth" because your first priority is defending this President and the bankrupt ideology that he's beholden to.

    Who's fault will it be in 2015 when we're still struggling with a shrinking economy and record dependence ?

    Its the most alien concept to you Obama supporters that investors and Corporations and small bussinesses could actually be responding to a Preqsident who taken a threatening tone with them and has passed laws that mandate their expenditures.

    Oh but no way that has anything to do with the record amount of money the are currently sitting on.

    Some of you are so deprived of any integrity you actually blame this on Bush.
    The insult isn't dealing with anything factual. As I've said, no president controls the economy: not in 2004; Not today; not in 2015.

    I also repeat, I've never blamed Bush for the economy. So when arguing with me, it might help to stay with what I've said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted, how did this recession affect your and your family? A close to depression affects everyone. I contend high inflation, high unemployment, and high interest rates affect everyone.

    The loss of FIT is due to the inability of Obama to implement an economic plan to provide incentive to the private sector to grow. Obama said he had the answers to the problems that he helped create by being in the Congress. Seems people like you always claim that Bush is responsible for all the problems we have but Obama has no blame in the economic results we have today. Your expectations are always too low which is why you are a liberal.
    Yeah, sure, Con. The private sector has exerienced no growth at all.

    Oh, wait ... rather than take your word for it, let's take a look at the actual numbers, shall we ... ?


    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2010 -17 -26 111 170 102 +94 103 129 113 188 154 114
    2011 +80 243 223 303 183 177 206 129 256 174 197 249
    2012 323 265 208 120 152 +78 177 131 118 217 256 224
    2013 164 254(P) 95(P)


    BLS: Total private (monthly change)

    Hey, would ya look at that, Con? We're now in our 37th month of consecutive growth in the private sector. During that period, the private sector has added 6 million jobs. Only Bill Clinton has ever added more jobs within a 37 month streak of growth in the private sector.

    THAT is what Conservatives thinks is causing the loss of FIT.

  4. #1094
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No, your standards are much lower than mine. In fact, you have just one standard -- vote for which ever candidate runs as the Republican. That's it. Doesn't matter what their record is, doesn't matter if they served time for raping children. They put an "R" after their name and they can count on your vote.

    And the evidence of that is in the honesty of your admission that you didn't vote for Bush because he wasn't on the ballot. Despite nearly doubling unemployment, despite nearly doubling the debt, despite crashing the housing markets, credit markets, and stock market, despite giving the U.S.A. its first trillion dollar deficit, despite spiraling the economy into the Great Recession ...

    ... the ONLY reason you didn't vote for him is because his name was not on the ballot.


    ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~



    I can only hope you're capable of understanding why I give zero weight to the opinion of someone who would have voted for Bush for an insane fifth time if only he put his name on the ballot again after what he did to this country. But I'm not really banking on it.
    So by your standards why did you vote to re-elect Obama? What economic numbers warranted that vote?

  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You are incapable of arriving at any semblence of "factual truth" because your first priority is defending this President and the bankrupt ideology that he's beholden to.

    Who's fault will it be in 2015 when we're still struggling with a shrinking economy and record dependence ?

    Its the most alien concept to you Obama supporters that investors and Corporations and small bussinesses could actually be responding to a Preqsident who taken a threatening tone with them and has passed laws that mandate their expenditures.

    Oh but no way that has anything to do with the record amount of money the are currently sitting on.

    Some of you are so deprived of any integrity you actually blame this on Bush.
    Yeah, I can't imagine investors or private corporations or private businesses responding at all???

    But then again, when we look at the actual numbers ....

    Seems people are investing more than ever ... the market since bottoming out from Bush's Great Recession ...

    DJIA ............ 14,865 (UP 127%) -- 1 pt under all-time high
    NASDAQ ........ 3,295 (UP 160%)
    S&P500 ......... 1,589 (UP 135%) -- 5 pts under all-time high

    Now let's look at the actual numbers of private corporations and private small businesses ....

    Seems the private sector is also booming since the labor market bottomed out from Bush's Great Recession ... hmmm, 37 consecutive months of growth, adding an impressive 6 million jobs.

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2010 -17 -26 111 170 102 +94 103 129 113 188 154 114
    2011 +80 243 223 303 183 177 206 129 256 174 197 249
    2012 323 265 208 120 152 +78 177 131 118 217 256 224
    2013 164 254(P) 95(P)


    I'll just file your post in the "Conservatives say the darndest thing" bin.



  6. #1096
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Ahem. You need to check your own link. It shows labor force participation among 65-and-older (baby boomers these days) to be up, not down. Participation generally is down because BHO has discouraged job seekers.
    Not because more aren't retiring, but because more people are entering the age of retirement than ever before. Also, for the first time since the baby boom generation began, more of the baby boomers are dying off, shrinking that age range in population and increasing the LFPR of those 65 and older who remain employed.

  7. #1097
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Not because more aren't retiring, but because more people are entering the age of retirement than ever before. Also, for the first time since the baby boom generation began, more of the baby boomers are dying off, shrinking that age range in population and increasing the LFPR of those 65 and older who remain employed.
    Did you think before you posted this? Obviously not. Any one who uses the baby boomer retirement numbers to explain the LPR need to explain why we are not encountering a workforce shortage unless you would argue that the jobs retired from simply vanished...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #1098
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So by your standards why did you vote to re-elect Obama? What economic numbers warranted that vote?
    Because I felt he did a pretty decent job with the hand he was dealt. And I didn't hear anything from Romney that gave me the impression he could do any better. And like most others, I felt Bush was more responsible for the state of the economy than was Obama.

  9. #1099
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Did you think before you posted this? Obviously not. Any one who uses the baby boomer retirement numbers to explain the LPR need to explain why we are not encountering a workforce shortage unless you would argue that the jobs retired from simply vanished...
    Umm, where did I say that was the only explanation for the drop?? There's also a decrease due to more people going to school rather than work and there also a decrease due to more people collecting disability rather than work and there's folks entering the discouraged category and there's areas in the country where jobs truly are hard to come by.

    The point is, there are many reason why the LFPR rate is dropping -- and in many cases, it's by choice.

    In many cases it's because companies are outsourcing more. In many cases, it's because technology is replacing people.

  10. #1100
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds Only 88,000 Jobs; Jobless Rate Falls to 7.6%[W: 831]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine investors or private corporations or private businesses responding at all???

    But then again, when we look at the actual numbers ....

    Seems people are investing more than ever ... the market since bottoming out from Bush's Great Recession ...

    DJIA ............ 14,865 (UP 127%) -- 1 pt under all-time high
    NASDAQ ........ 3,295 (UP 160%)
    S&P500 ......... 1,589 (UP 135%) -- 5 pts under all-time high

    Now let's look at the actual numbers of private corporations and private small businesses ....

    Seems the private sector is also booming since the labor market bottomed out from Bush's Great Recession ... hmmm, 37 consecutive months of growth, adding an impressive 6 million jobs.

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2010 -17 -26 111 170 102 +94 103 129 113 188 154 114
    2011 +80 243 223 303 183 177 206 129 256 174 197 249
    2012 323 265 208 120 152 +78 177 131 118 217 256 224
    2013 164 254(P) 95(P)


    I'll just file your post in the "Conservatives say the darndest thing" bin.


    What you see here is liberal compassion, we have 3 million fewer employed people today than when the recession began, 500,000 dropped out of the labor force last month plus another 100,000 in Feb, we have over 6 trillion added to the debt to generate those numbers and that is a liberal success story. Wow!! Now wonder we are in a mess as liberals have such low standards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •