Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

  1. #1
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    For first time, majority of Americans favor legalizing marijuana


    Awesome. Progress to be sure.

    No sell it, tax it, and help our country cut down on the debt.

  2. #2
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,948

    Re: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    It doesn't matter if the entire U.S. supports it. The U.S. war on drugs and DEA are their own industries now. Clearly the government supports mind altering since caffeine and alcohol continue to be pervasive. What they won't support is the kind of mind altering that causes people to question the systems governing our society, and the authority that runs it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    For first time, majority of Americans favor legalizing marijuana


    Awesome. Progress to be sure.

    No sell it, tax it, and help our country cut down on the debt.
    I disagree with Marijuana use but the marginal costs of criminalizing it far outweigh any marginal benefits

  4. #4
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    It doesn't matter if the entire U.S. supports it. The U.S. war on drugs and DEA are their own industries now. Clearly the government supports mind altering since caffeine and alcohol continue to be pervasive. What they won't support is the kind of mind altering that causes people to question the systems governing our society, and the authority that runs it.
    I don't believe that. States are already taking steps towards legalization.

    As the old farts who run the world now die off and the new guard starts taking over, we'll see change.

    Pot is not the Devil's trap that the old folks were brainwashed into believing it was.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,494

    Re: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    I disagree with Marijuana use but the marginal costs of criminalizing it far outweigh any marginal benefits
    That right there is truth.

  6. #6
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    This is the same thing as the national gay marriage polls. They don't count as this is a state's issue. Yes the feds have a stake they've taken unto themselves, but I certainly don't want to encourage them to take over the dialog or the decision making power. Not willing to cede the issue permanently to the feds. They've done this before, it's their MO for taking power they don't constitutionally have.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,063

    Re: Majority Now Support Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds

    it should be legalized nationally. my state is actually talking about increasing the penalties for possession of a third of an ounce to a ****ing felony. i'm an independent who votes by candidate, but if they get it done, i will no longer consider Republican candidates for a vote at any level; local, state, or federal. i'll review this decision annually, but that party is going to have to get sane before i risk a vote on any of their candidates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •