Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 114

Thread: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    There is a difference between a knife and a gun. That is that knives actually have a purpose in all of our lives. It is a tool we use to cook or to cut things. It is basic and useful. yet still there are places that ban knives despite their usefulness. Often those places are ones where during normal circumstances you won't need a knife. For instance schools or a courthouse. A gun is different. It has one purpose, and that purpose is not very useful for most people. That purpose is to send a chunk of metal at a target at extreme velocities to cause damage. Guns are a tool for killing. you cannot cut your steak with a gun. A gun is terrible at opening boxes, or at cutting things. Treating them the same would be silly as they both serve much different purposes and are much different. Sorry, but you made a bad argument, right down to the reality we do ban knives in many places.
    Earth to naive person, guns are used to put meat on the table for those that like other options besides grocery stores. Guns level the playing field for law abiding citizens against the thugs that so many liberals cheer for. Your argument is poor and insignificant.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yet they can be used for both, unlike a gun that has only one use. Oh, and they are not made for killing people, they are made to look cool which is why most people wouldn't ever use them to do real utility work. That doesn't mean they can't, it just means they will use their non pretty knife to actually do something with. Do you get tired of being wrong all the time, or do you just get angry about it? Oh wait, don't let me say you are wrong, let me prove it to you with a question. Why can't you cut cow with those knives?
    I see your knowledge of knives is about as extensive as your knowledge of guns. Zilch. The first knife is a combat knife used as a last resort when a soldier has no bullets or is too close to use a gun. The second set of knives are throwing knives. Made specifically to throw and kill people..originally they were made thin enough to go between pieces of armor..like the helmet and breast plate for example. The combat knife could be used to cut up a cow..but it would not be very efficient at it compared to the skinning knife..which you also think is not needed since we do not need to hunt. The throwing knives shown do not even have handles..you would end up cutting yourself more than the cow.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Actually, no going by the gun propaganda when you cannot make a point that supports your argument you change the subject and do something stupid. I can talk at you all day long and you won't die from it. unless I can shoot in Morse Code I pretty much cannot communicate with a gun. Sorry, but guns are not speech no matter how much you wish they were so your argument wasn't crap.
    Ever hear of analogies? If not then you should look up the definition. The anaology isn't about what is useful but is about rights and wants and needs. You have a right to free speech which means you can say pretty much anything you want. We also have a right to bear arms which means we can own guns pretty much anytime we want. Yes there are exceptions to both. But those exceptions are only when your right to those infringe on someone elses rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You wish i did because you are trying to put words in my mouth. That is because you cannot argue with what i am saying. i don't get tired of being right.
    I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. That is where your logic is going. You claim that people do not need guns. Well...they don't need those other things also. Like I said before, you need to learn the difference between "needs" and "wants".

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yeah, even soldiers have to cut things.
    Yep, like people. A combat knife is standard issue for any one in the military that is going to be on the front lines. I've already explained one of the reasons why above.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    no, it is the reason we do not ban other things while we do ban guns. You can keep pretending a gun is like all these other things, but simply guns do not have any other purpose aside from shooting things. Your argument is still crap no matter how many times you repeat it. You don't need a gun to survive, but many people would find themselves in deep trouble if they did not have transportation.
    Yes, you do need a gun to survive the criminal that is trying to kill you. What else is going to protect you when they have guns and you don't because you followed an unconstitutional law? Don't believe me? Talk to a cop. There is a reason that they carry guns and there is a reason that most of them agree that a citizen should own a gun.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    A sharp rock which is pretty much an unrefined knife? Like I said your gun simply won't do the job. But if you want to eat your food with rocks go ahead.
    No, its a rock. Don't tell me you don't know the difference between a rock and a knife?

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No my argument is about utility and use. You dragged it down the road of need. What is worse you dragged it down a road that doesn't even help your argument.
    If it was just about "utility and use" then you would admit that a gun is very useful for defending one self from criminals which ignore the law and own guns anyways despite there being laws against them owning guns on the books already. It is also very useful for a poor person that supplements thier food by hunting. Like I said before and you ignored...A $5 dollar bullet is still cheaper than meat bought at a store pound for pound. Unless you can name me a store which sells 300 pounds of meat for only 5 dollars? But you just discarded those arguements because you're not really talking about "utility and use". You are talking about "need".


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You see, you need to leave the logic to those that are not a train wreck. Those knives can all be used for other purposes. You do not have to use the knife only for it's intended purpose. Unlike a gun which becomes pretty pointless when you are not shooting things. Please do explain why you cannot use those knives for the purposes they are not optimized for. I remember years ago a guy cut his own leg off to get himself free of a tree with a pocket knife. I am pretty sure they do not make pocket knives for cutting your leg off. I am alsop pretty sure if he had a gun the best he could have done in that case was to give himself a painless death which he avoided because he had a knife.
    Considering your original arguement was that the purpose of a gun is to kill people its real funny how you have switched to just "shooting things". Sorry but shooting a deer is quite useful to me as I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on meat. It is also quite useful for me to defend myself with from those criminals that ignore the law. That is two uses in and of itself. But of course you just want to ignore those while talking about all the uses that a knife has.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ok, how many times have you used your gun to survive? yeah, the argument fails even when you drop the self defense rhetoric and swap to survival. I can tell you right now if it is about survival and you have a choice between a gun and a knife you take the knife, or you die much quicker. if it is really down to that point that survival is your goal, a knife can do so much more. Not to mention you cannot run out of bullets with a knife. Once you have no more bullets, like in the case of an actual survival scenario, your gun doesn't do anything else. It is a big awkward rock at that point. How do you make your arguments worse?
    Getting food so that I can survive? Every hunting season. Deer, elk, bear, pheasant, duck, rabbits. They are all good eating and still cost less to get myself than to go to the store. Which allows me to pay my rent and my utilities. And no knife is going to help you hunt. Thats why people invented bows and guns and spears because a knife will not bring down a deer or catch a rabbit.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Sorry, but I was there, and no i am not dead. Quite to your dismay. Then again i guess i seem to be able to figure out how to survive a lot better than you can. I am not the guy who is going to shoot an animal, then cook it whole over a campfire that would be easier to make if you has an object that could cut, and get the meat off the bones with a sharp rock. When i say it again like that it gives me a good chuckle. if there is ever an apocalypse you totally have to live next to me.
    What you are doing here is changing what I put forth to you. I gave you two options. Pick up a gun and shoot...or die. A very real possibility even here in the US. One which you have not encountered yet. You may have been in a situation which allowed you to make a third choice. But you were not in the situation I put forth to you.

    And no, despite your condemnation of me I do not wish anyone that is innocent to die. Which is why I am all for guns. They even the odds considerably against larger or stronger attackers. And if there is an apocolypse, come to North Idaho, I'll protect you with the guns that I will have...and you will be happy to note that I will even give you one to defend yourself with. Assuming of course I survive the initial onslaught of whatever the apocolypse was.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    People keep bringing up playing with their guns as something useful. yes, you can shoot a target, I am just not sure how it as useful as cutting things, but I figured i would give you that point as crappy as it was. unfortunately even in the land of playing a gun is not nearly as versatile as a ball. Let me try to explain this. You spend a thousand dollars on a gun and then you have to buy the bullets. Then you can go out and shoot targets for fun and in your imaginary world perhaps protect yourself someday, oh and shoot a deer you will have to eat whole. I could take that couple of grand for bullets and a gun and buy every ball walmart has, a set of steak knives, and enough food for a picnic and still have money left over. You can have your fake penis, I will take the balls, a party, and a bunch of knives. I am going to have more fun than you, and I am going to survive better.
    What world do you live in that makes a gun used for defense and survival cost $1,000? (which are ALL guns) I could go out and buy a gun right now for $100. But you go ahead and take those balls, party and knives. When you're starving because you have no food come see me.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I will give you one point. i am pretty sure in 2 decades on the internet i have never been countered with use sharp rocks to cut your food. i am going to be giggling about that one for days.
    You do know that is why we humans are still on this planet right? Or do you think that guns and metal knives have been around from the dawn of time? And my example was just to show you that you don't NEED a knife as there are other ways to accomplish putting meat on a table. I never said it was the perferred or wanted thing to do. Just that it can be done and because it can be done you don't NEED a knife.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 04-03-13 at 12:17 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #63
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,795

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    A gun in your purse is useless against a knife at your throat. I'm not sure why people just assume this would have been prevented if she were armed. In fact, attempting to pull a gun at that point would have probably resulted in her death.
    Last edited by Deuce; 04-03-13 at 12:29 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #64
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Police are looking for the man who approached a woman waiting at a bus stop in Queens early Monday, forced her to a nearby cemetery and raped her at knifepoint.

    Authorities said the suspect approached the 41-year-old victim at 91st Place and Corona Avenue in Elmhurst shortly before 5 a.m. and asked her who she was waiting for.

    When she said "my husband," he put a knife to her back and forced her to a high school parking lot about two blocks away, where he made her empty her pockets.

    Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint | NBC New York

    Will the liberals be calling for KNIFE bans next?


    Since she didn't have a firearm they probably won't charge her with a crime.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Since she didn't have a firearm they probably won't charge her with a crime.
    Yeah, if she had shot herself trying to defend herself, she would have went to prison for endangering the rapist in NY

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Hey Mods, it is against the rules to use "idiot" when addressing another poster but "Smug Prick" is ok as long as a liberal is posting it?

    Now back to the post, so you are saying knives don't kill people but guns do?
    No.
    .
    .

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I see your knowledge of knives is about as extensive as your knowledge of guns. Zilch. The first knife is a combat knife used as a last resort when a soldier has no bullets or is too close to use a gun. The second set of knives are throwing knives. Made specifically to throw and kill people..originally they were made thin enough to go between pieces of armor..like the helmet and breast plate for example. The combat knife could be used to cut up a cow..but it would not be very efficient at it compared to the skinning knife..which you also think is not needed since we do not need to hunt. The throwing knives shown do not even have handles..you would end up cutting yourself more than the cow.
    Look Mr. Sharp rocks. I know you are trying hard to salvage your argument you cannot cut meat with those knives because of some magical mysterious force that will prevent you from doing so, but i am actually quite capable of doing such things. And i can cut ropes, paper, string, fabric, and probably many other things with it. if you are not capable of doing so that is something you need to figure out because most people can accomplish it as far as i can see. or maybe i am an all powerful godlike intelligence that can do more things than most people.

    you have yet to prove a gun has as many uses as a knife. you have made a lot of absurd arguments that have nothing to do with my point. you clearly want to argue that your gun makes you a bad ass who cannot be killed. That is nice and all, but none of your arguments work. You are going to need a new argument and not these same old attempts to change the argument to one you think you can win. I have asked a question that you are clearly incapable of answering. You cannot tell me how a gun is as useful as a knife. Despite the fun i have had with the sharp rocks thing, the argument is over until you can come up with how a gun has as many uses as a knife. Oh, and I am not defending the points you are assigning to me either. of course, if you want to make another precious comment like sharp rocks i would love to hear it.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    A gun in your purse is useless against a knife at your throat. I'm not sure why people just assume this would have been prevented if she were armed. In fact, attempting to pull a gun at that point would have probably resulted in her death.
    A gun has a magical shield that forces everyone to walk up to you and declare their intentions while allowing you time to draw and attack. We know it is true because that is how the advertisements work.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Earth to naive person, guns are used to put meat on the table for those that like other options besides grocery stores. Guns level the playing field for law abiding citizens against the thugs that so many liberals cheer for. Your argument is poor and insignificant.
    yet you still cannot cut your meat without a knife. BTW you can get meat without a gun, but you cannot cut it without a knife.

  10. #70
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If she has a gun, it's likely the rapist might have shot and killed her with it.
    It's also likely that she would have blown his ****ing head off before he got the chance to harm her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •