Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114

Thread: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

  1. #51
    Don't give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,546

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I don't care about your irrelevant paranoia either. Just because you are paranoid doesn't make a gun a useful tool. Come up with a better use if there is one.
    The only paranoia that exists here is your inability to respect the needs of others.

    Just because you cannot understand common sense is not my problem.

    The fact that you cry and whine about what you don't believe is acceptable for others is irrelevant.

    The fact that you don't see a need for guns means nothing.

    Your ignorance is your problem, not ours.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    They are overpriced, but you could still cut things with them. they still have a lot more utility than a gun. You seem to not understand the argument. A gun can only be used to shoot things. A knife can be used for a variety of purposes, and most of which are non fatal and don't even involve hurting someone. You cannot do something other than shoot something with a gun. That is it's only purpose. That is the only thing it does well. How often do you need to do that, because i have never needed to.
    Psst...those first two knives are made for killing and/or defense. Not cutting up cow.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    oh don't do the overreactionary rant where you stop thinking entirely. Actually, communication is important in life. It has helped us to do a lot of things as a species and may be one of the main reasons we rose above other animals. If it is a choice between a gun or communicating i think i will take communicating. However, it is noce to see you support taking away others rights when they disagree with you.
    But not all speech is useful and can be very harmful. How about we ban that? Do you believe in limiting what a person can say? Going by your anti-gun propaganda and if you don't want to be hypocritical then you would have to say yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    It is also used to end them. Oh, and interestingly enough you would not have modern guns without the collaboration of people through speech and communication.
    In which case I'm sure that you would love to ban that part of speech huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yes, but the wars are fought with guns, and oddly most religions supposedly teach killing is bad. If you thought about it that goes against the prime purpose of guns.
    They also use knives in wars.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    A car has a lot more utility than a gun does. Are you really trying to tell us a car is as useful as a gun is? Do us a favor, ride your gun to work and see how far it gets you.
    Utility is irrelevent. You're talking about people not NEEDING guns. You don't NEED a car. You have two feet to get where you need to go and hands to carry things with.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Have you ever tried to cook a cow or a deer in a stove? you need the knife to cut the big parts up. Seriously, turn the on switch back on in your brain. This is getting really bad.
    No actually you don't. Use a sharp rock to get the skin off and use a fire pit to cook.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    When you do something aside from making absurd arguments that don't address mine I will be happy to tell you. Until then a gun has one use. Knives, languange, and cars have far more than one single use.
    You're arguement was about "need". You need none of those things. You just want those things because it makes your life easier. You should understand the difference between "need" and "want". You NEED air to survive. You don't NEED a car.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    That is great, you have gone way down the road into a completely different argument. The argument you are avoiding because you know i am right is that knives are treated differently because they are far more useful and have more value to society on a whole than guns do. They do many more things for us than a gun can. This whole fundamental rights BS is just an avoidance of the fact that you know a gun has a singular purpose, and it really is not a great tool that would make a good argument for it to be allowed despite it's danger. knives are permitted because most people use them for a purpose every day. They are not pissing away ammo at targets to make their dick seem larger, they are doing things they need to do to live and survive. People live just fine every day without a gun, but your life would become a lot worse without knives.
    Do you understand the difference between a pocket knife or kitchen knife and the knives that I showed you? Obviously not. Two of those knives are designed for killing. The other is designed for skinning and since you said we don't NEED to hunt then that (and those others), by your own logic, should be banned.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yeah, and how many times have you used your gun to defend yourself in your life. How many people have you shot in self defense? The second question is how many times have you used a knife in the last week. I know which number is larger.
    Can you tell the future? Are you some sort of psychic? Having a gun for self defense isn't about killing. It is about survival. And it matters not how often one has used it. But last I heard the amount of people in the US that have used a gun for self defense far outweighs how many people have been killed with one.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Again, it completely avoids the argument, and I didn't have to. yeah, i have been there, and I did not need a gun. However, i hate to think of how hard it would be to cook and eat without a knife.
    If you had actually been there and didn't use a gun then you would be dead. There were only two outcomes in my question. Death. Or using the gun to save your life. Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Really, don't burst a blood vessel or anything. It is not your fault you cannot defend the utility of an object that is only meant to shoot things and do nothing else. It is just simply impossible to do. Most people who own guns will never shoot anything but targets with them. Most people with guns will never defend themselves with it. Most people with guns will never get the use they do out of a knife, or most other tools for that matter. A gun is something most people have and hope they never have to use it for it's purpose of killing things. A knife is something most people have because they know they will have a use for it. All your distractions and ranting aside, you simply cannot change that fact.
    Funny how you went from "a gun is meant for killing people" to "an object that is only meant to shoot things and do nothing else". Are you conceding that there are other uses for guns other than killing people (your original arguement)?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Normally when people say "the something" it means the group as a whole, people don't ask "Do you think the Yankees will make the world series" and only mean some of them.
    Umm...the Yankees are a team. Liberals are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Anyway, regardless of whether he meant all or some the argument itself is still stupid, you're focusing on an unimportant aspect. Its not hypocritical to call for banning guns because they are dangerous while at the same time not calling for a ban on every other conceivably dangerous thing in the world. Why? Again because there are so many other aspects to firearms and to everything else that can be dangerous. So to call or to imply people are hypocrites for not wanting to ban cars is just stupid. Likewise its just as stupid to not want to ban guns because there are other dangerous things in the world as well. Why? Again, because there are other aspects too all these other things.
    This is funny. I have one person in this very thread that shows that there are anti-gunners that are focusing on one aspect while you're here trying to tell me that what I am doing "focusing on one thing" is stupid while totally ignoring that other poster. But I do agree with you, there are many aspects to guns. So lets weigh the pro's and the cons. You go first. What are the many aspects of guns?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by vendur View Post
    1. We will require a rigorous background check to anyone trying to purchase a knife.
    2. We will pass a law that requires a large metal ball at the end of the knife where the point might be. Then it cannot be used to stab people and it's even safer for people and especially children.
    3. Then we will pass a law that all kniife handles must be no more than inch long, hence making it difficult to fully grasp the deadly weapon and use it as a weapon.
    4. All portions of the blade will be dull except for a 1 inch section of the blade, which is all that is really needed to maintain functionality.
    5. the inch of sharpened blade must always be holstered when not in used or washed, or locked in a safe.
    6. Only butter knives will be allowed with on 1000 feet of a school.
    7. Most important of all, of course, will be passing laws making it illegal to do illegal things with a knife.
    8. Ban any knives that are designed for killing or things that are not "needful".
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,145

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Back off already. You can't call me on something I *didn't* do. I'm not omniscient and my life does not revolve around DP. I can state my disgust whenever and wherever I see fit and if you don't like it, well, you'll just have to deal with that on your own because it's not my problem.

    Now stop trolling me about guns or whatever other irrelevant non-sense. I'm done here.
    So you are selective. Gotcha.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The only paranoia that exists here is your inability to respect the needs of others.
    You don't need your gun. As a matter of fact you could live your entire life without it. How often do you use it for shooting something other than targets? Which really amounts to playing with it. Which really puts your gun in the same category as a ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Just because you cannot understand common sense is not my problem.
    If your ideals are common sense then consider me uncommon. I am fine with not seeing your point of view since you can barely explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The fact that you cry and whine about what you don't believe is acceptable for others is irrelevant.
    Like I have shown you in the past, gun rights are not even acceptable for everyone by you, or the founding fathers for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The fact that you don't see a need for guns means nothing.
    Now there is your problem. Reading comprehension. i have never said society doesn't need guns, I said you don't need them. You don't need a nuclear power reactor, but they do come in handy for the country. There are lots of things we find useful that you don't personally need.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Your ignorance is your problem, not ours.
    Evidently it is a problem for you, because you are here. It is hard to play like you are unconcerned with me when you are part of the posse that stalks my posts half the time.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Psst...those first two knives are made for killing and/or defense. Not cutting up cow.
    Yet they can be used for both, unlike a gun that has only one use. Oh, and they are not made for killing people, they are made to look cool which is why most people wouldn't ever use them to do real utility work. That doesn't mean they can't, it just means they will use their non pretty knife to actually do something with. Do you get tired of being wrong all the time, or do you just get angry about it? Oh wait, don't let me say you are wrong, let me prove it to you with a question. Why can't you cut cow with those knives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    But not all speech is useful and can be very harmful. How about we ban that? Do you believe in limiting what a person can say? Going by your anti-gun propaganda and if you don't want to be hypocritical then you would have to say yes.
    Actually, no going by the gun propaganda when you cannot make a point that supports your argument you change the subject and do something stupid. I can talk at you all day long and you won't die from it. unless I can shoot in Morse Code I pretty much cannot communicate with a gun. Sorry, but guns are not speech no matter how much you wish they were so your argument wasn't crap.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    In which case I'm sure that you would love to ban that part of speech huh?
    You wish i did because you are trying to put words in my mouth. That is because you cannot argue with what i am saying. i don't get tired of being right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post

    They also use knives in wars.
    yeah, even soldiers have to cut things.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Utility is irrelevent. You're talking about people not NEEDING guns. You don't NEED a car. You have two feet to get where you need to go and hands to carry things with.
    no, it is the reason we do not ban other things while we do ban guns. You can keep pretending a gun is like all these other things, but simply guns do not have any other purpose aside from shooting things. Your argument is still crap no matter how many times you repeat it. You don't need a gun to survive, but many people would find themselves in deep trouble if they did not have transportation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No actually you don't. Use a sharp rock to get the skin off and use a fire pit to cook.
    A sharp rock which is pretty much an unrefined knife? Like I said your gun simply won't do the job. But if you want to eat your food with rocks go ahead.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You're arguement was about "need". You need none of those things. You just want those things because it makes your life easier. You should understand the difference between "need" and "want". You NEED air to survive. You don't NEED a car.
    No my argument is about utility and use. You dragged it down the road of need. What is worse you dragged it down a road that doesn't even help your argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Do you understand the difference between a pocket knife or kitchen knife and the knives that I showed you? Obviously not. Two of those knives are designed for killing. The other is designed for skinning and since you said we don't NEED to hunt then that (and those others), by your own logic, should be banned.
    You see, you need to leave the logic to those that are not a train wreck. Those knives can all be used for other purposes. You do not have to use the knife only for it's intended purpose. Unlike a gun which becomes pretty pointless when you are not shooting things. Please do explain why you cannot use those knives for the purposes they are not optimized for. I remember years ago a guy cut his own leg off to get himself free of a tree with a pocket knife. I am pretty sure they do not make pocket knives for cutting your leg off. I am alsop pretty sure if he had a gun the best he could have done in that case was to give himself a painless death which he avoided because he had a knife.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Can you tell the future? Are you some sort of psychic? Having a gun for self defense isn't about killing. It is about survival. And it matters not how often one has used it. But last I heard the amount of people in the US that have used a gun for self defense far outweighs how many people have been killed with one.
    Ok, how many times have you used your gun to survive? yeah, the argument fails even when you drop the self defense rhetoric and swap to survival. I can tell you right now if it is about survival and you have a choice between a gun and a knife you take the knife, or you die much quicker. if it is really down to that point that survival is your goal, a knife can do so much more. Not to mention you cannot run out of bullets with a knife. Once you have no more bullets, like in the case of an actual survival scenario, your gun doesn't do anything else. It is a big awkward rock at that point. How do you make your arguments worse?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    If you had actually been there and didn't use a gun then you would be dead. There were only two outcomes in my question. Death. Or using the gun to save your life. Try again.
    Sorry, but I was there, and no i am not dead. Quite to your dismay. Then again i guess i seem to be able to figure out how to survive a lot better than you can. I am not the guy who is going to shoot an animal, then cook it whole over a campfire that would be easier to make if you has an object that could cut, and get the meat off the bones with a sharp rock. When i say it again like that it gives me a good chuckle. if there is ever an apocalypse you totally have to live next to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Funny how you went from "a gun is meant for killing people" to "an object that is only meant to shoot things and do nothing else". Are you conceding that there are other uses for guns other than killing people (your original arguement)?
    People keep bringing up playing with their guns as something useful. yes, you can shoot a target, I am just not sure how it as useful as cutting things, but I figured i would give you that point as crappy as it was. unfortunately even in the land of playing a gun is not nearly as versatile as a ball. Let me try to explain this. You spend a thousand dollars on a gun and then you have to buy the bullets. Then you can go out and shoot targets for fun and in your imaginary world perhaps protect yourself someday, oh and shoot a deer you will have to eat whole. I could take that couple of grand for bullets and a gun and buy every ball walmart has, a set of steak knives, and enough food for a picnic and still have money left over. You can have your fake penis, I will take the balls, a party, and a bunch of knives. I am going to have more fun than you, and I am going to survive better.

    I will give you one point. i am pretty sure in 2 decades on the internet i have never been countered with use sharp rocks to cut your food. i am going to be giggling about that one for days.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    .
    Who is calling for a ban on GUNS?
    Feinstein and many other fringe liberals

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    I am frequently disgusted at DP by how outrageously and blindly partisan people are, but I have never been so repulsed as I am now in seeing a thread about a horrible rape being turned into a partisan pissing contest.

    SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! SERIOUSLY.
    You mean like Sandy Hook was before this? Wow do liberals never see themselves for what they really are?

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Can we stop pretending that "If we should ban guns because they are dangerous, we should ban everything that's dangerous" is a line of a logic ANYONE is using?

    I can't wait until the next smug prick who thinks he's being clever talks about why 'libs' don't want to ban buildings over two stories because they are dangerous too!
    Hey Mods, it is against the rules to use "idiot" when addressing another poster but "Smug Prick" is ok as long as a liberal is posting it?

    Now back to the post, so you are saying knives don't kill people but guns do?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •