Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Tell that to all these people....Calls for Gun Bans. Not that it matters. The OP did not call for a "ban on all knives" or even sugest that liberals would or should. You brought that up.



    Funny, isn't that what anti-gunners do? Focus on one aspect and use that to try and ban guns? Or was all that talk about right after the Conn. shooting just my imagination?
    So your argument is that knives are just as dangerous as guns?

    Then you shouldn't mind if we banned guns. You can keep your knife.

    More boomsticklover incoherency.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Examples of guns not being used to kill people. Ok. Hunting is one. (people do need food after all and a $5 dollar bullet is still cheaper than Wal-Mart or Safeway meat pound for pound.)
    Oh, you mention hunting and the reason we don't need to in the same sentence. You see we do not need to hunt because of places like walmart where we can get our meat much easier. How much hunting are you going to do in the bronx anyway? I have to cut my meat, and for that i need a knife. I don't have to shoot my meat. However, if we ever do go back to an agricultural society where hunting is a requirement for living rather than something only a select few people do to survive your point will be good.

    The purpose for the tool is still killing. If i do not have a purpose to kill then I don't need a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Incapcitation is another (where someone purposely aims for areas that are not deadly..like a knee cap).
    Incapacitation? The last time i was trying to incapacitate someone i wasn't trying to kill them. That purpose is not a good one for a gun. When was the last time you had to cripple and not kill someone? If you want incapacitation we have tasers, certain gasses, hand to hand combat, drugs, and all sorts of things that do non-lethal incapacitation. Good god you watch too many movies. You are not dirty harry, and in a combat situation you are not hitting a moving knee cap. You aim at the torso for a reason, you are most likely to hit it even on a moving target.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Target practice is real fun and requires skill and when done in the Olympics is about sportsmanship (and no one is pointing the gun at anybody).
    target practice is a use we all are going to need? Seriously, I am talking something useful. I could live my entire life without having ever shot a target. Without a knife i would not have been able to eat meat. Do you see the difference here? Even if i go out hunting i need a knife because i cannot shoot the meat off the bone. You are not getting the idea of a tool and utility are you? Even for the purpose of target practice you could use nonlethal projectile weapons like pellet guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And no, I didn't ask anyone to not think. I specifically said "think for yourself". If you had done so then you would know that there are more uses for guns than just killing people. That is just the talking point of the anti-gun crowd which has been proven false many a times.
    You said think for yourself and you made an unjustified statement we were just supposed to accept without thinking. maybe you should think a little harder about utility and purposes for a gun. You had two things people have no need for a gun for. You had huntin which we have no actual need for in an industrialized country. Most people today have never had a need to kill their own food. You also had target shooting which doesn't require a lethal weapon. You incapacitation argument is piss poor because a gun is made to kill and not for the safety of the target. It is why you don't point a gun at someone or something you don't want to kill.

    Feel free to find us an actual purpose people need a gun.

  3. #33
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,818

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Oh, you mention hunting and the reason we don't need to in the same sentence. You see we do not need to hunt because of places like walmart where we can get our meat much easier. How much hunting are you going to do in the bronx anyway? I have to cut my meat, and for that i need a knife. I don't have to shoot my meat. However, if we ever do go back to an agricultural society where hunting is a requirement for living rather than something only a select few people do to survive your point will be good.

    The purpose for the tool is still killing. If i do not have a purpose to kill then I don't need a gun.


    Incapacitation? The last time i was trying to incapacitate someone i wasn't trying to kill them. That purpose is not a good one for a gun. When was the last time you had to cripple and not kill someone? If you want incapacitation we have tasers, certain gasses, hand to hand combat, drugs, and all sorts of things that do non-lethal incapacitation. Good god you watch too many movies. You are not dirty harry, and in a combat situation you are not hitting a moving knee cap. You aim at the torso for a reason, you are most likely to hit it even on a moving target.



    target practice is a use we all are going to need? Seriously, I am talking something useful. I could live my entire life without having ever shot a target. Without a knife i would not have been able to eat meat. Do you see the difference here? Even if i go out hunting i need a knife because i cannot shoot the meat off the bone. You are not getting the idea of a tool and utility are you? Even for the purpose of target practice you could use nonlethal projectile weapons like pellet guns.


    You said think for yourself and you made an unjustified statement we were just supposed to accept without thinking. maybe you should think a little harder about utility and purposes for a gun. You had two things people have no need for a gun for. You had huntin which we have no actual need for in an industrialized country. Most people today have never had a need to kill their own food. You also had target shooting which doesn't require a lethal weapon. You incapacitation argument is piss poor because a gun is made to kill and not for the safety of the target. It is why you don't point a gun at someone or something you don't want to kill.

    Feel free to find us an actual purpose people need a gun.
    1) Sport

    2) Self Defense
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #34
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,959

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And yet it is perfectly OK to use the killing of 20 children as a means to more gun control? Pfft. Where was your outrage against those that did that? Hidden away no doubt.
    Um excuse me but you don't get to create a scapegoat out of something else to excuse bad behavior here.

    And for the record I have always been pro-gun so keep your self-righteous comments to yourself.

  5. #35
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,959

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I'm assuming that was irony. EVERYTHING gets turned into partisan bickering around here. Everything.
    It may be status quo but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and say nothing about it.

    And FYI it's not "debate politics" it's 'post your opine'. If this were a real debate site then half of the posts on here would have been moderated out of existence based on ignorance, trolling, or lack of evidence.

  6. #36
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,959

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    As opposed to the slaughter of a kindergarten class? You have some unrealistic expectations.
    Non-sequitur, just like the other person who brought it up.

    "The sky is blue therefore you have no right to be offended about rape!"

    lol

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    1) Sport
    A game is not utility, but good try
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    2) Self Defense
    40+ years and my self defense has never needed a gun. Again this is not a need by most people in society every day like a knife. Not to mention my call was for some other purpose aside from killing someone in self defense. At least the sports thing almost covered that despite the reality far more sports are played with a ball rather than a gun.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    I've been gone for a couple hours... for reasons too complex and boring to bother explaining, we had to take a drive through a bad part of town to see someone, at night. I work in that part of town a lot, during the DAYTIME... big difference once the sun sets, it ain't no place for an outsider to be at 9pm or later.

    Unfortunately, it was needful.


    I'm just going to note that I was armed, and I'm glad I was armed, and my companions were glad I was armed.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #39
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,818

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    A game is not utility, but good try


    40+ years and my self defense has never needed a gun. Again this is not a need by most people in society every day like a knife. Not to mention my call was for some other purpose aside from killing someone in self defense. At least the sports thing almost covered that despite the reality far more sports are played with a ball rather than a gun.
    It's not about you - I don't care about you.

    You can use a needle and thimble for all I care.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #40
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,818

    Re: Woman at Queens Bus Stop Taken to Cemetery, Raped at Knifepoint

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I've been gone for a couple hours... for reasons too complex and boring to bother explaining, we had to take a drive through a bad part of town to see someone, at night. I work in that part of town a lot, during the DAYTIME... big difference once the sun sets, it ain't no place for an outsider to be at 9pm or later.

    Unfortunately, it was needful.


    I'm just going to note that I was armed, and I'm glad I was armed, and my companions were glad I was armed.
    BTDT - glad it turned out uneventful for you!

    That is always the best way - prepare for the worst, be pleased when the preparation is not required.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •