Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 388

Thread: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

  1. #351
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,616

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    I think often times those who rage against gun ownership are raging against their own inadequacies



  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Slyfox-your long winded posts turn lots of people off. and we get the fact you are afraid of guns and don't know much, if anything, about the use of defensive weapons or the mythical changing dynamic you bray about premised apparently on a faith-based myth that comes from the anti gunner's book of hysteria.

    How are kids going to know who is packing. Tell me your many years of experience carrying a firearm concealed.
    Yes! We don't need to know your life story or all about your "relationships" with your students, just the relevant data please.

  3. #353
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,616

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes! We don't need to know your life story or all about your "relationships" with your students, just the relevant data please.
    quantity substituting for quality is a common trait among the anti gunners



  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think often times those who rage against gun ownership are raging against their own inadequacies
    Or they're just like frightened children who are afraid of an inanimate object instead of the lunatic wielding it.

    I wonder why Slyfox thinks that teachers are so inadequate and too irresponsible to carry and use a weapon properly?

  5. #355
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,616

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Or they're just like frightened children who are afraid of an inanimate object instead of the lunatic wielding it.

    I wonder why Slyfox thinks that teachers are so inadequate and too irresponsible to carry and use a weapon properly?

    according to snyder and others, its projection. They see everyone else as terrified and incompetent with weapons as they are so they want laws to keep people LIKE THEM from being armed

    the relationship between a student and teacher argument was one of the most idiotic bits of psychobabble I have ever seen on this board



  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    In the educational way. As I've said. Additionally, do not forget my police officers.
    Here in SD we've had a very successful Resource Officer program for 43 years, and now we're also arming district employees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Okay...I have once before, but I will again, in more detail....
    And no one's going to force you to carry if you don't want to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    By then, it becomes a game of telephone, and suddenly most in the community know.
    I'm ok with everyone knowing I carry. I only carry concealed because the stereotypes you subscribe to compel you to hysteria. I'd rather carry openly since it's more comfortable, open-carry holsters have a higher retention rating, and I can carry a full-size.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But, for arguments sake, let's say none of those people say anything, an unlikely scenario, but we'll address it. Where is a teacher going to keep the gun? Obviously not on his hip, because there's no way that could stay concealed.
    That's the primary way I carry concealed. When I really don't want anyone to know, I carry a sub-compact in the pocket. I've never been 'made'.

    In fact, The Men's Warehouse here is quite adept at tailoring their product to make your firearm invisible; and yes The Men's Warehouse sells more than suits...much more.
    Last edited by Jerry; 04-07-13 at 11:28 PM.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The difference is people are charged with making meth and crack.
    You cannot be chemically addicted to a firearm. False analogy. Troll smarter.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,971

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I think you misunderstood my question. I'm asking how is throwing books and attacking an armed person MORE safe and effective than having someone armed who can actually shoot back and probably even kill the attacker.
    And I'm not saying it is more effective, what I'm saying is it doesn't disrupt the educational process the way armed teachers will. But training the students to be aggressive in that situation IS probably more safe than just relying on a teacher to carry a gun. If our only two options (and I know it's not, but I'm just making this comparison) are to teach students to aggressively react when a shooter is in their presence or just rely on a teacher carrying a gun for safety, teaching the students is probably a safer way to go. Like I said, the teacher is likely the first person to be shot in a situation like that, and if you're not teaching students to react, then they are sitting ducks.

    That is different than what we are discussing.
    It is, but that doesn't mean the requirements would be.

    Besides, I believe that varies from state to state.
    As would arming the teachers.

    No, actually I don't see that happening at all. Why would you think that?
    Because of people like you and your buddies in this thread, who will then argue whatever restrictions were in place would be too restrictive of teachers who want to carry, and how it is an infringement upon their 2nd Amendment rights.

    Now this is interesting. You say that any moron can shoot a gun, yet you seem to think that teachers must be less qualified than your average mentally insane mass murderer? Why would you think a teacher would be so incompetent?
    I've never said anything remotely close to that. What I've said is a teacher's job is to teach. If you want armed guards, then they need to be a member of the police force. A teacher in a situation like that would be more likely to engage in questionable tactics/decision.

    By the way, a mentally insane mass murderer doesn't care if a random person gets shot. The person firing back has to. Big difference.

    The teacher would still be educating. Why would you think otherwise?
    I'm not saying they wouldn't be teaching. You're beginning to sink to Jerry levels of misunderstanding.

    LOL! Sure you did. Gotta say, that sounds very strange. I was never aware of the color or style of my teachers underwear. What kind of relationship did you have with your teachers anyway?
    A student/teacher relationship, just like millions of kids around the country. And we did know.

    You must be joking.
    I think the same thing everytime you try to argue there's not a relationship between student and teacher.

    I'm sorry you are so fearful of guns.
    It's not about me, it's about the kids, why is this so difficult for you people to understand?

    Guns do NOT change relationships.
    Now I KNOW you must be joking.
    How. Did you actually think I was going to let you get away with this as your explanation? And you call yourself a teacher? You get an F.
    I've already explained how. Do you realize how silly you sound here? The fact you're mocking me for your inability to read is quite humorous.

    I think you have an attitude of arrogance, as if you know more about children...and relationships than anyone else here.
    I don't have an attitude of arrogance, I just can't stand stupidity, and I've encountered quite a bit of it. You deny a relationship exists between students and teachers, you keep asking me to explain something I've already explained (twice, I believe), I've had my argument completely misunderstood and attack based upon the misunderstanding.

    Perhaps you should do a better job comprehending an argument. Maybe then I'll not come across quite so "arrogant".

    Of course I had favorite teachers.
    Then you had a relationship with that teacher.

    except for maybe a professional type of relationship, which is the way it SHOULD be.
    ....what the heck do you think I've been talking about?

    I don't think parents really want teachers to have "relationships" with their children. They want them to concentrate on the education part.
    That's exactly what I've been saying over and over. What did you think I was talking about?

    See above. Obviously, your idea of relationship and mine are two different things.
    Clearly. It appears as if yours comes from your mind being in the gutter and being unaware of the full definition of the word.

    No, and you have not even given an explanation as to how they would know.
    Yes, I did. Please read.

    I disagree. I think you sound extremely fearful of guns.
    I'm not "extremely fearful" of guns. The fact you think this shows just how irrational you've become in this discussion. Just because I don't want to disrupt the educational process by arming teachers, as opposed to uniformed officers which I have supported, you've taken that to mean I'm extremely fearful of guns. That shows a complete irrationality on your part.

    You should fear the people who want to go to schools and kill innocent people
    I do. Which is why I've mentioned uniformed officers. Which is why I've discussed the "react aggressively to an active shooter" training many schools are going through. Which is why I support making it more difficult for those people to get guns in the first place.

    Have you paid attention at ALL in this thread?

    Guns are not the problem.
    Oh, because these people are just as likely to come into the school and kill 26 people with a teddy bear? Or even one of those hammers the NRA drones always talk about?

    You're just kidding yourself if you don't think guns are part of the problem. Are they the only problem? Of course not. But they are definitely part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think often times those who rage against gun ownership are raging against their own inadequacies
    I often think those who buy guns do so to compensate for their own inadequacies. After all, everyone's always tougher with a gun, right?

    See how stupid rhetoric can work both ways and accomplish nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I wonder why Slyfox thinks that teachers are so inadequate and too irresponsible to carry and use a weapon properly?
    I wonder when you became as dishonest in this discussion as Jerry. I never said anything remotely close to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the relationship between a student and teacher argument was one of the most idiotic bits of psychobabble I have ever seen on this board
    The fact you're arguing a relationship doesn't exist between a teacher and a student is easily "one of the most idiotic" things I've seen on an Internet forum. Though I wouldn't call it idiotic nearly as much as I'd call it ignorant.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 04-08-13 at 11:54 AM.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    And I'm not saying it is more effective, what I'm saying is it doesn't disrupt the educational process the way armed teachers will. But training the students to be aggressive in that situation IS probably more safe than just relying on a teacher to carry a gun. If our only two options (and I know it's not, but I'm just making this comparison) are to teach students to aggressively react when a shooter is in their presence or just rely on a teacher carrying a gun for safety, teaching the students is probably a safer way to go. Like I said, the teacher is likely the first person to be shot in a situation like that, and if you're not teaching students to react, then they are sitting ducks.
    You still have failed to explain how a teacher carrying concealed would disrupt the educational process. Until you can answer that question, this portion of your argument means nothing.

    It is, but that doesn't mean the requirements would be. As would arming the teachers. Because of people like you and your buddies in this thread, who will then argue whatever restrictions were in place would be too restrictive of teachers who want to carry, and how it is an infringement upon their 2nd Amendment rights.
    No, obviously you don't understand the argument about the 2A and how it would be infringed. Requiring training in order to act as an armed guard would not be an infringement IMO.

    I've never said anything remotely close to that. What I've said is a teacher's job is to teach. If you want armed guards, then they need to be a member of the police force. A teacher in a situation like that would be more likely to engage in questionable tactics/decision.
    Most communities could probably not afford to pay police officers to act as armed guards. Besides, school shootings are fairly rare, so that would be kind of overkill, and again I disagree with your assessment that a teacher would engage in questionable tactics. I don't understand why you think they would be incompetent in such a situation. They are perfectly capable of aiming a gun and pulling the trigger. Some training would give them even more confidence. Also, don't you think that maybe some teachers are already gun owners and may be experienced in shooting? Some teachers have been in the military, some could have some law enforcement background.

    By the way, a mentally insane mass murderer doesn't care if a random person gets shot. The person firing back has to. Big difference.
    No kidding!


    I'm not saying they wouldn't be teaching. You're beginning to sink to Jerry levels of misunderstanding. A student/teacher relationship, just like millions of kids around the country. And we did know. I think the same thing everytime you try to argue there's not a relationship between student and teacher. It's not about me, it's about the kids, why is this so difficult for you people to understand? Now I KNOW you must be joking. I've already explained how. Do you realize how silly you sound here? The fact you're mocking me for your inability to read is quite humorous.
    Here you go again with this relationship stuff. That has NOTHING to do with the discussion. And yes, you are obviously fearful of guns.

    I don't have an attitude of arrogance, I just can't stand stupidity, and I've encountered quite a bit of it. You deny a relationship exists between students and teachers, you keep asking me to explain something I've already explained (twice, I believe), I've had my argument completely misunderstood and attack based upon the misunderstanding. Perhaps you should do a better job comprehending an argument. Maybe then I'll not come across quite so "arrogant".
    Ba,ha,ha. Not arrogant?

    Then you had a relationship with that teacher. ....what the heck do you think I've been talking about? That's exactly what I've been saying over and over. What did you think I was talking about? Clearly. It appears as if yours comes from your mind being in the gutter and being unaware of the full definition of the word.
    Clearly you misunderstand . . . again. My mind is not in the gutter. I am just trying to get you to explain your correlation between a relationship with students and a teacher who is carrying a concealed weapon.

    Yes, I did. Please read.
    They would just know, is NOT an answer. You have not given any valid reason as to how the children would know a teacher is carrying concealed.

    I'm not "extremely fearful" of guns. The fact you think this shows just how irrational you've become in this discussion. Just because I don't want to disrupt the educational process by arming teachers, as opposed to uniformed officers which I have supported, you've taken that to mean I'm extremely fearful of guns. That shows a complete irrationality on your part.
    Ah, no, you are the one being irrational here. For some reason, you seem to think that only police officers are capable of shooting a gun. And yes, I believe that your posts reveal that you are extremely fearful of guns.

    I do. Which is why I've mentioned uniformed officers. Which is why I've discussed the "react aggressively to an active shooter" training many schools are going through. Which is why I support making it more difficult for those people to get guns in the first place.
    So, you think that an armed loon will take out a teacher first, but not uniformed officers who are OBVIOUSLY armed? That doesn't even make sense.

    Have you paid attention at ALL in this thread?
    Have you?

    Oh, because these people are just as likely to come into the school and kill 26 people with a teddy bear? Or even one of those hammers the NRA drones always talk about? You're just kidding yourself if you don't think guns are part of the problem. Are they the only problem? Of course not. But they are definitely part of the problem.
    No, the problem is societal. It has nothing to do with guns. You act as if guns are a new invention. They have been around for much longer than you have.

  10. #360
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,616

    Re: NRA unveils plan for armed guards in schools it says 'will save lives'

    I am still waiting for a valid explanation how a teacher carrying concealed (and for the arming of teachers to work their identity should not be known) will have his or her "relationship" with a student changed by that act. I suspect Slyfox has never carried concealed. As someone who has carried concealed on and off for years, I can say his claims are utter BS



Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •