Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106

Thread: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

  1. #91
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    God is intolerant. The Flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, Matthew, Revelation.
    indeed, he's a very violent "god."

  2. #92
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    Every ethnic group is changing its mind on same sex marriage as more and more people come out- friends, family members and what will occur in the near future, pro athelets.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  3. #93
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    indeed, he's a very violent "god."
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” - Richard Dawkins
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    I switched my profile icon to something like this:

    I had it up for a hot-second. My wife the next day told me to take it down, which I did to honor her wishes. But yeah, that's how I feel. Gay marriage is not equal to heterosexual marriage. I don't care if the national consensus is "moving pass me" or that I stand to be on the "wrong side of history," there are just things I have beliefs in, and contrary to the attempted public or governmental conditioning, I will not waver in my views. The issue is not suddenly going to become okay in my book because the bewildered herd is running in that particular direction at the moment.
    that is interesting. On one hand you claim you will never submit to the will of others and always be hateful, but you forgot the fact you needed your wife's permission to make that your avatar. You better hope she doesn't start forcing you to accept homosexual marriage because then you would have to.

    Oh, and no one is asking you to like it or recognize it. They just want you to get the hell out of the way. Your acceptance and approval was neither asked for or required. But you do have every right to your opinion on other people's marriage. There are only two different places whos opinion might count. God might count if it exists. Country does count as you get benefits from it. You are neither. Not to mention your opinion gets less relevant by the day.

  5. #95
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” - Richard Dawkins
    LOL, old testament.

    What exactly does that mean? (sarcasm)

    Does this mean that god changed his mind on some things and though an "updated" version of the book that he "authored" was needed?
    Just another reason why religion shouldnt be taken seriously.

  6. #96
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Look I am not saying homosexuals should be beaten or shunned. I am just saying that the holy covenant of marriage should not change. Why can't we allow homosexual couples the same rights as married couples and preserve traditional marriage.
    Because you nor your religion nor any religion owns the term marriage nor its definition.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #97
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    2.7 million. Pretty weak support.

    The United States has 163,000,000 Facebook members so that is only 1.6% of the total. Facebook Statistics by Countries | Checkfacebook - Free FB Monitoring Tool

    That number would include all of the homosexuals on Facebook as well as their friends and college students, too.

    If this is any predictor of the Supreme Court SSM decision, the proponents are going to be disappointed.

  8. #98
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    2.7 million. Pretty weak support.

    The United States has 163,000,000 Facebook members so that is only 1.6% of the total. Facebook Statistics by Countries | Checkfacebook - Free FB Monitoring Tool

    That number would include all of the homosexuals on Facebook as well as their friends and college students, too.

    If this is any predictor of the Supreme Court SSM decision, the proponents are going to be disappointed.
    That's 2.7M in one day only. That doesn't count those who found out after. Plus, part of that 163M includes people with multiple accounts under different names (I know several of my relatives do this). Plus there are many more who have an account but don't check it often. Plus there are even more who don't put much up on their FB because it could hurt their career in some way.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #99
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    That's 2.7M in one day only. That doesn't count those who found out after. Plus, part of that 163M includes people with multiple accounts under different names (I know several of my relatives do this). Plus there are many more who have an account but don't check it often. Plus there are even more who don't put much up on their FB because it could hurt their career in some way.
    ManOman, how many homosexuals have multiple accounts under different names to make it look like there is more support for SSM than there really is? I never considered that, but the number has to be huge. Damn.

  10. #100
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Facebook: Marriage issue prompts 2.7 million profile picture updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    ManOman, how many homosexuals have multiple accounts under different names to make it look like there is more support for SSM than there really is? I never considered that, but the number has to be huge. Damn.
    More than possible. I'm just saying drawing conclusions on such flimsy grounds as you are trying to draw causes your point to collapse.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •