Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

  1. #31
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Nice spin, ducky, but you screwed the pooch. I was not saying what you thought, and you could have figured it out had you simply, you know, bothered to read. How many times now have I pointed out your problems in this regard? Quite a few, yet you continue to have the problem. Well, I guess you have to want to improve in order to do it.
    Screwed the pooch? I was making a joke. I know what you were talking about, nor did I claim you were saying what I thought....
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #32
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Screwed the pooch? I was making a joke. I know what you were talking about, nor did I claim you were saying what I thought....
    OK, now it was a "joke."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #33
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    It is a device used to clean feet

    A regular sink can be used, a plastic tub may be usedf


    It is not a religous device, anymore then your car being used to get you to church is


    It is not how a muslim gets their feet cleaned before prayer but that the feet are cleaned before prayer. It has to have clean water, and i expect soap avaliable. Which means your bathtub would be a muslim religous device if you consider a foot washing basin to be religious
    What both you and Deuce missed entirely is that I was answering in the context of this question:

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I'm confused, even if it had been a Muslim foot washing sink, what's the problem?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #34
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What both you and Deuce missed entirely is that I was answering in the context of this question:
    I got your point but.you missed mine, it is still not a religious device, it is still just a tool
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #35
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    I got your point but.you missed mine, it is still not a religious device, it is still just a tool
    Right. And a holy water receptacle is just a bowl with water in it. Heck, a cross is just shaped wood. Why not stick that up?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #36
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Right. And a holy water receptacle is just a bowl with water in it. Heck, a cross is just shaped wood. Why not stick that up?
    Holy water is blessed according to strict procedures, a cross is directly prayed to. A basin used for washing feet, is not blessed, it is not prayed to. It is no more religious then your good clothes you wear when going to church
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #37
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Holy water is blessed according to strict procedures, a cross is directly prayed to. A basin used for washing feet, is not blessed, it is not prayed to. It is no more religious then your good clothes you wear when going to church
    Oh, it's about what you do with them, is it? The foot-washing is a religious rite no different from those.

    I think you're being intentionally obtuse because for some reason, don't know why, don't really care, you want to give an Islamic religious practice some kind of pass here. Or, you're trying to avoid being "Islamophobic."

    Accommodating a religious practice is accommodating a religion practice no matter what the religion is. If a state building accommodates this one -- again, this is knowingly, intentionally accommodating it -- then it can/should intentionally accommodate the others. But it should accommodate NONE, including the Islamic practice.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #38
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, it's about what you do with them, is it? The foot-washing is a religious rite no different from those.

    I think you're being intentionally obtuse because for some reason, don't know why, don't really care, you want to give an Islamic religious practice some kind of pass here. Or, you're trying to avoid being "Islamophobic."

    Accommodating a religious practice is accommodating a religion practice no matter what the religion is. If a state building accommodates this one -- again, this is knowingly, intentionally accommodating it -- then it can/should intentionally accommodate the others. But it should accommodate NONE, including the Islamic practice.
    You are the one being obtuse, for failing to recognize the fact

    The muslim foot washing basin, can be the sink in the bathroom (is that a religous item if a muslim used it to clean their feet), your bathtub can be used to clean feet. Should bathroom sinks now be banned because they can be used to wash muslims feet allowing them to prayer
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #39
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    It amazes me how hard people look for something to be offended by.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #40
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    You are the one being obtuse, for failing to recognize the fact

    The muslim foot washing basin, can be the sink in the bathroom (is that a religous item if a muslim used it to clean their feet), your bathtub can be used to clean feet. Should bathroom sinks now be banned because they can be used to wash muslims feet allowing them to prayer
    No, YOU are being obtuse. If the "tub" is being installed specifically to accommodate the foot-washing practice, which is the context you claim you understand, it is no different whatsoever from putting in bowls for holy water.

    The only reason you could fail to grasp this is that you want to, for reasons unknown.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •