Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Or the current administration's track record.

    Again, just look at the lifting of restrictions on combat roles for women in the military. Pretty much anyone who knows the first thing about combat or how the military operates knows that it's a bad idea, but they're forcing it through for purely political reasons anyway.
    Bull****.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    The best person for the position is someone who will ensure the President's safety is paramount and never compromised. Male or female, it matters not to me.
    She might be perfectly qualified for all I know. I just think it's awfully convenient how many "first female blank" positions the Obama Administration has appointed in it's time in office.

    In any case, it's not like she can't be a political pick and good at her job at the same time.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 03-26-13 at 10:18 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Bull****.
    I am speechless in the face of your crushingly logical counter argument.

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I am speechless in the face of your crushingly logical counter argument.
    As opposed to the mountain of empirical evidence you provided for your personal opinion?

    Both our statements came with the same amount of logical support. Mine was just more succinct.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    As opposed to the mountain of empirical evidence you provided for your personal opinion?

    Both our statements came with the same amount of logical support. Mine was just more succinct.
    I have served with a lot of women in the armed forces. I can honestly say that I've known only two or three who would be qualified to even keep up with the average male soldier in front line combat, let alone surpass them.

    They can carry less equipment, are more prone to injury, tend to needlessly complicate matters from a psychological and morale standpoint, and they would likely be faced with mistreatment above and beyond that which a male soldier would experience if they were ever unfortunate enough to be captured.

    Why on Earth would it be a good idea to put them on front lines?

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,880

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    She might be perfectly qualified for all I know. I just think it's awfully convenient how many "first female blank" positions the Obama Administration has appointed in it's time in office.

    In any case, it's not like she can't be a political pick and qualified for her job at the same time.
    When is a good time for a "first time" though? This year, next year, ten years time? 20 years time? When would it be ok with you? I'm pretty sure President Obama wants to be around for a long time to come and entrusting this lady to oversee his safety and that of his family isn't a decision he has made lightly.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    When is a good time for a "first time" though? This year, next year, ten years time? 20 years time? When would it be ok with you? I'm pretty sure President Obama wants to be around for a long time to come and entrusting this lady to oversee his safety and that of his family isn't a decision he has made lightly.
    Her position is primarily administrative in nature. She isn't going to make or break the agency by herself.

    As I said, I'm sure she's qualified for the position. The political pandering simply tends to get tiring IMO.

  8. #28
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    I have served with a lot of women in the armed forces. I can honestly say that I've known only two or three who would be qualified to even keep up with the average male soldier in front line combat, let alone surpass them.

    They can carry less equipment, are more prone to injury, tend to needlessly complicate matters from a psychological and morale standpoint, and they would likely be faced with mistreatment above and beyond that which a male soldier woud experience if they were ever unfortunate enough to be captured.

    Why on Earth would it be a good idea to put them on front lines?
    The IDF studied women in ground combat and actually found them to exhibit superior skills in discipline, motivation, and shooting ability. I think men should be forced to make a case for their continued participation in ground combat!

    The Canadians are confused as to why we're even having this conversation. They integrated women into combat roles years ago and they don't see why it would be an issue for anybody.

    American women already face ground combat. They aren't damsels in distress.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Obama Chooses First Woman Secret Service Director: Officials.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The IDF studied women in ground combat and actually found them to exhibit superior skills in discipline, motivation, and shooting ability.
    The Israelis don't use women in frontline ground combat on a practical basis, only a theoretical basis. They're apparently not so keen on the idea as you would seem to believe.

    Besides, source?

    The Canadians are confused as to why we're even having this conversation. They integrated women into combat roles years ago and they don't see why it would be an issue for anybody.
    Yup, and out of the 100 women they have in combat service, they've managed to get 2 or 3 killed already.

    That's not exactly a sterling record.

    Also, Canada? Are you serious? wtf.gif

    American women already face ground combat. They aren't damsels in distress.
    On an incidental basis, not out of design.

    There is a difference between being in a convoy which simply happens to have been ambushed and an infantry company which is tasked with setting ambushes for enemy forces in the first place.

    One role requires only that you survive. The other requires that you win and suffer through a rather considerable amount of physical hardship in the process.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 03-26-13 at 10:48 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •