Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Americam dream

  1. #1
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,065

    Americam dream

    Jackpot winner: Pedro Quezada (Picture ABC) A US lottery jackpot of £222million has been won by an immigrant from the Dominican Republic living in New Jersey. Father-of-five Pedro Quezada, from Passaic, a working-class suburb 25km (15 miles) north-west of New York, said he would use the Powerball jackpot to help his family. His wife Ines Sanchez said: ‘I still can’t believe it. We never expected it but thank God.’ Thrilled: Eagle Liquors’ store worker Pravin Mankodia sold the winning Powerball ticket (Picture: AP) The moment Mr Quezada became a multi-millionnaire was recorded by... Read more...



    £222million US lottery win for Dominican Republic immigrant living in New Jersey | News168: All the latest news

    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,096

    Re: Americam dream

    good for him. i hope this makes life easier for him. i consider the lottery to be a pretty poor investment, but i do like it when someone who really needs the money wins.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Americam dream

    :/

    Winning the lottery is not what the American dream is about.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,065

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    :/

    Winning the lottery is not what the American dream is about.
    thx for this explanation .l thought it was all about lottery
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  5. #5
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    :/

    Winning the lottery is not what the American dream is about.
    You're right, it's not...But it sure makes the American Dream a reality for those who win, provided it doesn't turn their lives into total crap.....I gotta admit, I play, and dream, knowing that I will most likely never win....But I only play a couple of lines when the jackpot is big....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #6
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You're right, it's not...But it sure makes the American Dream a reality for those who win, provided it doesn't turn their lives into total crap.....I gotta admit, I play, and dream, knowing that I will most likely never win....But I only play a couple of lines when the jackpot is big....
    How do you mean that winning the lottery would turn their lives into total crap?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    How do you mean that winning the lottery would turn their lives into total crap?
    It is pretty common knowledge that many lottery winners go broke, get conned, fall into legal trouble because of their spending, and that lottery money seems to attract all the worst people in the world for some. I am sure this guy will find family he never knew he had and probably wishes he would never have known.

  8. #8
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    How do you mean that winning the lottery would turn their lives into total crap?
    "It's fun to think about what you would do if you played lottery numbers that brought in millions of dollars. But, disillusioning as it may seem, big winnings can come with big costs, especially because of the greed of others, experts say."

    Winning the lottery: Does it guarantee happiness? - CNN.com

    Many more documented cases of lottery winners have had their lives complicated, and turned for the worse than those success stories. It takes a prepared person to be able to deal successfully with a windfall of millions of dollars, especially if they are not used to handling that type of wealth.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #9
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "It's fun to think about what you would do if you played lottery numbers that brought in millions of dollars. But, disillusioning as it may seem, big winnings can come with big costs, especially because of the greed of others, experts say."

    Winning the lottery: Does it guarantee happiness? - CNN.com

    Many more documented cases of lottery winners have had their lives complicated, and turned for the worse than those success stories. It takes a prepared person to be able to deal successfully with a windfall of millions of dollars, especially if they are not used to handling that type of wealth.
    Awesome site, thank. While we are here, it says in your link that one should have a pre-plan of what one might do with their won lottery.

    So what might all of us do should we win it at separate times then?

    I'd live the rest of my life doing art. A mere million is more than enough for that here. The rest would go to support my family.

    You?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  10. #10
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Americam dream

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Awesome site, thank. While we are here, it says in your link that one should have a pre-plan of what one might do with their won lottery.

    So what might all of us do should we win it at separate times then?

    I'd live the rest of my life doing art. A mere million is more than enough for that here. The rest would go to support my family.

    You?
    Using to support your family would be a curse upon them, not a gift. Nobody's family needs $200 million.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •